The M777 is a 155 millimeter field towed howitzer .
M777A2 Alpha batteries of the 1st Division of the 12th Artillery Regiment of the 3rd Marine Division at the firing in Paju , Republic of Korea. year 2013.
|A country||Great Britain|
|Years of operation||2005 - present time|
|In service||United States Army, United States Army, Australian Forces, Canadian Forces|
|Instance cost||$ 3 737 931 (2017) |
|Weight kg||4218 |
|Type of tractor||MTVR , FMTV , M800 , M900|
|Length mm||10.7 m in combat, 9.5 in marching|
|Barrel length mm||5.08 m (39 calories  )|
|Crew (calculation), people||7 + 1|
|Caliber mm||155 mm|
|Elevation angle||0 ° ... + 71.7 °|
|Rate of fire|
rounds / min
Manufactured by BAE Systems . Its mass is 4218 kilograms  , which allows transportation on an external sling of a CH-47 helicopter or MV-22 Osprey tiltrotor. Such weight is achieved by widespread use in the construction of titanium . The M777 is smaller and 42% lighter than the M198 howitzer, which it replaces in the army. The howitzer calculation is also reduced to five people, compared with the nine members of the M198 howitzer calculation. It is considered the lightest howitzer of this type  . This greatly facilitates the landing, maintenance and storage of guns  . For comparison, the mass of the M198 howitzer similar in firing range is 7150 kg.
The howitzer can fire with Excalibur guided projectiles, the effective range of which reaches 40 kilometers, and a circular probable deviation from the target is 5 meters.
TTX M777: 
- Range :
- Maximum conventional shells: 24.7 km
- Maximum special shells: 30+ km
- Rate of fire :
- Intensive: 5 rounds per minute for up to 2 minutes
- Standard: 2 rounds per minute
- Deployment :
- Deployment: <3 minutes
- Coagulation: <2 minutes
- Limitations :
- Lifting Height: +1,275 mm
- Lowering height: −43 mm
- Traverse (for transportation) : 400 mm left and right (6.400 mm via QuickSwitch)
- Towing :
- Maximum towing speed: 88 km / h
- Cross country speed: 24 km / h
- Transport :
- Tractors: MTVR , FMTV , M800 and M900 5-ton trucks, as well as any 2.5-ton trucks.
- Aircraft: C130 , C141 , C17 , C5 ,
- Helicopters: CH53E , CH47D , MV22
- M777 - with optical fire control.
- M777A1 - added power supply, GPS system, inertial navigation, radio, display.
- M777A2 - updated software. Added the Enhanced Portable Inductive Artillery Fuze Setter to use Excalibur ammunition.  
- M777ER is an experimental version with an elongated barrel of 52 caliber (+1.8 m) and with increased weight (+ 450 kg). Firing range increased to 70 km  . The upgrade also includes an XM1113 active rocket and an XM654 charge , an automatic loader and a new fire control system. The modification is designed to make US artillery more universal by reorienting it from the narrow sphere of low-intensity wars to a war with any enemy, including a technologically advanced one  .
According to The Washington Post , a number of 155mm M777 howitzers with GPS-guided munitions were deployed to fire support the 1st Battalion of the 4th US Marine Regiment , which was stationed on the outskirts of Racca during battles in its environs in 2017  .
The howitzers were used by the US Armed Forces in armed conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq  .
- Australia : 54 M777A2. [eleven]
- Canada : 37 M777 
- USA :
- Army : 421 M777A1 / A2 
- Marine Corps : 501 M777A2 
- India : contract for the delivery of 145 howitzers concluded in 2017 
- BAE Systems receives $ 542 million contract for India M777 Howitzers . BAE Systems . baesystems.com (12 January 2017). Date of treatment February 21, 2017. Archived February 22, 2017.
- M777 | BAE Systems | United states
- Pentagon has increased the order for ultralight howitzers: Science and Technology: Lenta.ru
- M777 Lightweight 155 mm howitzer (LW155) . GlobalSecurity.org.
- M777A5 Datasheet_final . BAE Systems . Date of treatment March 9, 2018. Archived March 9, 2018.
- Gooding and Kratzer, Keith and David PEO GCS's Digitized Towed Howitzer Supports the GWOT . US Army Acquisition Support Center . Army Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology Magazine (October – December 2008). Date of treatment January 27, 2013.
- Goldman, Harvey I. LW155 Howitzer Towed Artillery Digitization Neopr (Link not available) . NDIA Armaments Technology and Firepower Symposium 12 June 2007 . .dtic.mil (June 12, 2007). Date of treatment January 27, 2013. Archived on September 13, 2012.
- Picatinny engineers seek to double range of modified howitzer Archived April 13, 2016 to Wayback Machine Archived copy (link not available) . Date of treatment September 30, 2016. Archived on April 13, 2016. - ARDEC.Army.mil, 21 March 2016
- The US Army Is About to More Than Double the Range of Its Howitzers . Popular Mechanics (1 March 2017). Date of treatment November 3, 2017.
- This is the massive cannon US Marines are using to obliterate ISIS fighters in Syria . Business Insider (March 17, 2017). Date of treatment November 2, 2017.
- Bergmann, Kym . Push is on to bring out the big guns , News Ltd (October 23, 2010). Date of treatment January 4, 2011.
- The Military Balance 2016 .-- P. 35.
- The Military Balance 2016 .-- P. 233.
- The Military Balance 2016 .-- P. 44.