Snowsky district ( Ukrainian: Snovsky district ; until 2016, Shchorsky district ) - an administrative unit in the north of the Chernihiv region of Ukraine . The administrative center is the city of Snovsk .
|Included in||Chernihiv region|
|History and Geography|
|Timezone||EET ( UTC + 2 , in summer UTC + 3 )|
|Population||22 850  people ( 2018 )|
Area - 1283 km². Snovsky district is located in the north of the Chernihiv region. It borders with the Koryukovsky, Mensky, Gorodnyansky districts of the Chernihiv region and the Klimovsky district of the Bryansk region of Russia. The distance to the regional center by rail is 249 km, by road - 72 km.
Natural conditions: the climate is moderately warm, mild, with sufficient humidity.
Soils are sod-podzolic and podzolized  .
The area is located in the zone of mixed forests  . Forest area - 40 182 ha, the main species - pine, birch, oak. The water mirror area of rivers, lakes, ponds is 1585 ha, the main one is the Snov River.
Minerals are non-metallic (peat, sand and clay)  .
The nature reserve fund of the Snovsky district is represented by 28 environmental objects of local importance and two national significance (the hydrological reserve Boloto Mokh and the hydrological monument of nature Gali Moss ): 22 reserves (20 hydrological, 2 botanical), 3 natural monuments (2 botanical, 1 hydrological), 2 tracts. The largest objects: the Dreams hydrological reserve with an area of 7,486 ha and the Summit botanical reserve - 661 ha.
Snovsky district was created in April 1923, and after renaming the district center to the city of Shchors in July 1935, it was called Shchorsky district  .
In accordance with the first five-year plan for the development of the national economy of the USSR in May 1931, a regional MTS was created in the district center  .
During the Great Patriotic War from August 27, 1941 to September 21, 1943, the territory of the region was under German occupation . During the retreat, German troops destroyed the district center  .
In 1957, the basis of the regional economy was agriculture, there were crops of grain ( rye , barley , wheat ), flax , hemp and potatoes , meat and dairy farming was developing, there were MTS, a fruit and vegetable farm and six rural power plants  .
In February 1965, the borders of the Shchorsky district changed; the Alexander Village Council and the Tyutyunnitsky Village Council of the Mensky District were included in its composition  .
In the 1960s, the industrial enterprises of the district center were reconstructed, and the regional MTS was reorganized (first into a repair and technical station, and then into agricultural machinery). In 1967, vocational schools and a wide-screen cinema "Cosmos" were opened in Shchors; at the end of 1970, a mobile mechanized column was created (which performed construction and irrigation works)  .
In 1983, there were 57 settlements (1 city and 56 villages) in the district as part of one city council and 20 village councils; the economy was based on agriculture, forestry (the total forest area at that time was 36.8 thousand ha) and the food industry. The main areas of agriculture were the cultivation of grain crops (mainly rye), potatoes and flax, as well as cattle fattening. The total area of cultivated land was 127.5 thousand ha (including 42.3 thousand ha of arable land and 31.7 thousand ha of pastures and grasslands). The total length of roads was 265 km (of which 191 km were paved roads). The largest enterprises were a furniture factory, a food product factory, a creamery and a consumer services plant. There were also 19 collective farms, 3 state farms, 7 inter-collective farm associations (a leskhoz, an inter-kolkhoz construction organization, a feed-harvesting association, etc.), rayelkhoztehnika and rayelkhozkhimiya, two railway stations (Shchors and Kamka), vocational schools, 30 secondary schools, 1 music school, 1 sports school, 7 hospitals and 29 other medical institutions, 40 houses of culture and clubs, 1 cinema, 44 cinema installations, 35 libraries and four museums (the memorial museum of N. A. Schors and the Museum of Komsomol glory in Schors, museum of friendship of peoples in the village of K Lucy and the Museum of Partisan Glory in the village of Elino )  .
In March 1989, the Snov agro-industrial association was created in the district, which included 18 collective farms, 2 state farms, a leskhoz, Shchorsky feed mill, Shchorsky creamery, a cannery in the village of Turya , rayelkhozhnika and rayelkhozkhimiya, a regional veterinary laboratory, and a district station plant protection and 8 other enterprises and organizations of the Shchorsky district  .
After the independence of Ukraine, the region was on the border with Russia and Belarus , it is in the zone of responsibility of the Chernihiv border detachment of the Northern Regional Directorate of the State Border Guard Administration  .
March 6, 1992 the village of Nosovka was included in the city of Shchors  .
In May 1995, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine approved a decision on the privatization of the mechanical plant in the city of Shchors  , in July 1995 a decision was approved on the privatization of the foodstuff plant and all three state farms in the region  .
On May 12, 2016, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine renamed the Shchorsky District to the Snovsky District  .
In January 2017, the population of the district amounted to 23.6 thousand people, there were 56 settlements on its territory (1 city and 55 villages) and 8 industrial enterprises (including a furniture factory, a food factory, Novoborovitsky distillery and a forestry enterprise) , the basis of the economy was agriculture  .
- Schors, Nikolai Aleksandrovich - officer of the Russian Imperial Army in wartime, commander of Ukrainian rebel forces.
- Ozersky, Yuri Ivanovich - Ukrainian Soviet political and statesman.
- Rybakov, Anatoly Naumovich - Russian writer.
- Rakhlin, Ilya Yakovlevich - head of the Leningrad Music Hall.
- Rakhlin, Natan Grigorievich - conductor.
- Number of population (per estimate) for 1 year of 2018 rock // Head of statistics department in Chernigiv region
- Shchorsky district // Ukrainian Soviet Encyclopedia. Volume 12. Kiev, “Ukrainian Soviet Encyclopedia”, 1985. p. 392
- Shchors, Shchorsky district, Chernigiv region // Istoriya mіst і sіl Ukrainian RSR. Chernigiv region. - Kiev, Head editors of the URE AN URSR, 1972.
- Schors // Great Soviet Encyclopedia. / redkoll., ch. ed. B. A. Vvedensky. 2nd ed. volume 48. M., State Scientific Publishing House "Great Soviet Encyclopedia", 1957. p. 277
- About making a reservation before the Decree of the Presidency of the Supreme For the sake of the Ukrainian RSR vid 4 of 1965 year "About making a reservation in the administrative district of the Ukrainian RSR"
- Decree of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR No. 81 dated March 9, 1989 “On the establishment of agroindustrial combines“ Trubizh ”,“ Boryspilsky ”,“ Desna ”,“ Pereyaslavsky ”,“ Tetіyvsky ”,“ Fastivsky ”and agro-industrial code“ Obdin ” “Uninstall” and “Dreams” »
- Chernigivsky prikordonny zagin // official website of the State Border Service of Ukraine
- " Include in the inter-city area of Shchors of the Chernigiv region the village of Nosivka Shchorsky district with an area of 424 hectares zagalnoy "
Postanova of the Supreme For the sake of Ukraine No. 2179-XII vid 6 birch 1992 p. "About the winter between the city of Shchors of the Chernigiv region"
- " 14310388 Shchorsky Mechanical Plant "
Postanov Kabіnetu minіstrіv Ukraine № 343a vid 15 grass 1995 r. "Perelіk ob'єkіv, scho pіdlyagayut obov'yazkovіy privatizatsі y 1995 rotsі"
- Postanova of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine № 538 від 20 Lipnya 1995 р. "About the addition of a crossroads of objs, scoop pіdlyagayut obovyazkovіy privatizatsіy at 1995 rotsі"
- Resolution of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine No. 1353-VIII of May 12, 2016 “On renaming of individual settlements”
- Huge passport // official site of Snovsky city council