The 17th arrondissement of Paris (arrondissement de Batignolles-Monceau) is one of the 20 administrative districts of the French capital. In the district there are 17 diplomatic embassies of the countries of the world.
Located on the right bank of the Seine in the north-west of the city. In the west it borders with Neuilly-sur-Seine and Levallois-Perret , in the south with the 16th and 8th districts, in the east with the 18th arrondissement, in the north with Clichy-la-Garenne and Saint-Ouen suburbs ( Saint-ouen ).
At the time of the 1999 census, 160,860 inhabitants, or 28,374 people / km², lived on the territory of the county with an area of 566.95 hectares.
|Number of inhabitants||Density|
(person / km²)
|1954 (peak population)||231,987||40,922|
|1982||169 513||29 902|
|1990||161 935||28 565|
Address of the municipality of the district:
16-20 rue des Batignolles
Telephone: 01 44 69 17 17.
Since July 11, 2017, the Mayor of the District is a member of the Republican Party Geoffroy Boulard  .
- Turn ( French Quartier des Ternes )
- Plaine de Monceau ( Quartier de la Plaine-de-Monceaux )
- Batignolles ( Quartier des Batignolles )
- Epinet ( Quartier des Épinettes )
- Lycée Carnot
- Lycée Chaptal
- Normal School of Music
- Marmottan Hospital
- Jean-Jacques Enner State Museum
- Palais des Congrès
- Clichy Batignol Park ( Parc Clichy-Batignolles )
- Parc Monceau
- 4 stadiums
- 2 pools
- 15 gyms
- 4 tennis clubs with 18 courts
- 2 athletic fields
- 1 pond
- RER : lines A and C
- Metro : lines 1 , 2 , 3 , 6 and 13
- Buses: lines 30, 31, 43, 53, 54, 66, 74, 84, 92, 93, 94, 173, PC1, PC3, Roissybus.