The 15th arrondissement of Paris (arrondissement de Vaugirard) is one of the 20 administrative districts of the French capital. Located on the left bank of the Seine . The artificial Swan island partially concerns to it. The district was formed after joining the towns of Vaugirard ( French Vaugirard ) and Grenelle in Paris in 1860. The most populous district of Paris.
The quarter is located in the southwestern part of Paris. In the northeast it borders on 6 and 7 districts; in the southeast - from 14 ; in the northwest of the Seine separates it from the 16th district; in the south-west, the Paris Ring Road is the border between the 15th arrondissement and the communes of Vanves and Issy-les-Moulineaux .
At the time of the 1999 census, 225 362 inhabitants, that is 26 576 people / km², lived on the territory of the district with an area of 848 ha.
|Number of inhabitants||Density|
(people / km²)
|1962 (peak population)||250 551||29,470|
|1975||231 301||27 205|
Address of the mayor's office:
31 rue Péclet
Phone: 01 55 76 75 15.
County Mayor March 29, 2008 - Philippe Goujon (UMP). In April 2014, he was re-elected  .
- Saint-Lambert ( FR. Saint-Lambert )
- Pasteur Institute
- Euro hospital " Georges-Pompidou "
- Private clinic " Saint-Michel "
- Children's Hospital " Necker "
- Clinic " Blomet "
- Clinic " Alleray-Labrouste "
- Hospital " Vaugirard "
- Private clinic " Saint-Jacques "
- Montparnasse Tower
- Hive (squat)
- Museum of Montparnasse
- Bourdelle House Museum
- Museum of Post
- Palais des Sports ( Palais des Sports de Paris )
- Park of trade and industrial exhibitions "Paris-Expo".
- Paris Liberation Museum
- Swan island
- Bir Hackheim Bridge
- Mirabeau Bridge
- France Télévisions
- 6 swimming pools and aqua boulevard
- 5 gyms
- 3 stadiums
- RER : line C
- Metro : lines 6 , 8 , 10 , 12 and 13
- Buses: lines 26, 57, 60, 61, 62, 69, 76, 88, 91, 95, 96, 102, PC2, 351
- Tram line 3
- Station Montparnasse
- Helicopter take-off and landing port
Park Andre Citroen
Entrance to the Hive
Statue of Liberty on Swan Island
Autumn view from the Seine embankment