Sir  William James Ashley (born Sir William James Ashley ; February 25, 1860 , Bermondsey - July 23, 1927 , Canterbury ) - British economist , representative of the historical school , professor , writer . [four]
|English William James Ashley|
|Date of Birth|
|Place of Birth||Bermondsey|
|Date of death|
|Place of death||Canterbury|
|Place of work|
Graduated at Oxford , Balliol College . In July 1888 he married Margaret Hill and in the summer of that year sailed with her to Canada , where he received an academic post.  In 1888–92 he worked as a professor of political and constitutional history at the University of Toronto ( Canada ).
In 1892-1901 he taught economic history at Harvard University ( USA ).
In 1888-1893 he published his most significant work, “The Economic History of England in Connection with Economic Theory,” which covers the development of the English economy in the Middle Ages.  In 1897, the work was published in Russian.
In the years 1900-1925 he was a professor of commerce and finance at the University of Birmingham ( Great Britain ). On June 16, 1917 he was knighted. 
- 1888 - An Introduction to English Economic History and Theory, Part I: The Middle Ages ; 4th ed. (1909), on line, McMaster University. - a book dedicated to the memory of Arnold Toynbee
- 1893 - An Introduction to English Economic History and Theory, Part II: The End of the Middle Ages, (1893); 4th ed., (1906) on line, McMaster University
- The economic history of England in connection with economic theory - M., 1897. - 815 p.
- 1900 - Surveys historic and economic
- 1903 - The Tariff Problem, Westminster, PJ King
- 1903 - The adjustment of wages: a study in the coal and iron industries of Great Britain and America, London, Longmans, Green
- 1904 - The Progress of the German working classes in the last quarter of the century, London: Longmans, Green & Co.
- 1907 - "The Present Position of Political Economy", Economic Journal, 17 (68), pp. 467–89.
- 1912 - Gold and Prices
- 1914 - The Economic Organization of England: An Outline History, London: Longmans, Green & Co.
- ↑ 1 2 BNF identifier : Open Data Platform 2011.
- ↑ 1 2 SNAC - 2010.
- ↑ Ashley, William James in VIAF . VIAF .
- ↑ ISNI 0000000110715497 Ashley, Sir William James (1860-1927) . www.isni.org. Date of appeal October 26, 2018.
- ↑ marriage of Margaret Hill and WJ Ashley // Letters of George Birkbeck Hill / Crump, Lucy. - London: Edward Arnold, 1906. - P. 168.
- ↑ Ashley William James - article from the Great Soviet Encyclopedia .
- ↑ No. 30138, p. 6047 (English) // London Gazette : Newspaper. - L .. - Iss. 30138 . - No. 30138 . - P. 6047 . - ISSN 0374-3721 .
- Dzhivelegov A.K. ,. Ashley, William-James // Brockhaus and Efron Encyclopedic Dictionary : 86 volumes (82 volumes and 4 additional). - SPb. , 1890-1907.