Paintball ( English Paintball - a ball with paint) - a team game with the use of markers (air gun), shooting balls with paint (gelatin shell with food-grade paint), which are broken upon impact and stain it.
There are two global varieties of paintball: sports and tactical. Paintball is one of the technical sports run by DOSAAF.
- 1 Equipment
- 1.1 Mandatory
- 1.2 Additional
- 2 Rules
- 2.1 Security
- 3 game scenarios
- 3.1 square
- 3.2 Defender
- 3.3 Capture the flag
- 3.4 Top Gun
- 3.5 Partisans
- 3.6 “Release of hostages” or “Capture of prisoners”
- 3.7 "Ten"
- 3.8 Duel
- 3.9 "Maintenance"
- 3.10 "Meat grinder"
- 4 Training and tactical paintball
- 5 Paintball in Russia
- 6 notes
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- Paintball mask . A player on the paintball field is required to wear a mask specially made specifically for paintball.
- Marker (weapon). The marker consists of the marker itself, a gas cylinder (compressed air, carbon dioxide) and a container for balls (“feeder” from the English feeder - “feeding mechanism”, “loader” from the English loader - “charging” or “hopper” from English hopper - “store”). The maximum permissible speed of a ball’s departure - no more than 91 m / s (327.6 km / h) or about 300 feet per second according to the rules  - is commensurate with the flight speed of the bullet at the exit, hit of the ball in the eye can be fatal for eyes, up to his loss.
- Paintball balls with paint. The shell of the ball has a gelatin base. The diameter of the ball is 0.68 inches (17.17 mm), this is a common gauge, weighs an average of 3.2 g. There are also calibres 0.55 (14mm), 0.50 (12.5mm), 0.40 (10mm) and 0.24 (6mm). These calibers are practically not used on the territory of the Russian Federation.
- Tuba ( English the pod ) - capacity for carrying additional balls (holds from 100 to 200 balls)
- Pouches for carrying tubes - harnes ( English harness ) (sports paintball) or unloading vest (tactical paintball)
- Special form - jersey ( English jersey ) and trousers (designed specifically for sports paintball) or camouflage (tactical paintball)
- Elbow pieces, knee pads, neck protection, protective shorts and vest, extra head protection, gloves
- Coloring and smoke grenades , light-noise pyrotechnic products (used only in tactical and recreational paintball)
- Ramrod ( English barrel swab, squeegee ) - a device for cleaning the barrel of the marker
- Portable radio station (prohibited in sports paintball  )
- "Mamba" - a flexible, spiral-wound hose for connecting the marker and the balloon with air in the case when the balloon is worn behind the back, in a special pouch (used only in tactical paintball).
The person into whom the ball falls and leaves a solid mark with a diameter of more than 2.5 centimeters (approximately a coin of 5 rubles) - from his own or from someone else's, to any point, including to a weapon - is considered marked and is eliminated from the game (raises the marker up trunk and leaves the field). In sports paintball - until the end of the game, in tactical - goes to respawn. The rules for entering the game depend on the scenario. Before entering the court, the player must wipe all the paint from his clothes. If there is a suspicion that the enemy was hit, shout: “Judge, check it!” (Forbidden in sports paintball).
On the territory of St. Petersburg and a number of other regions, the so-called “northern version” of the rules for playing paintball has been adopted.  This set of rules is slightly different from that adopted in Moscow . In particular, falling into objects held in hands is not considered a defeat (These rules do not apply to sports paintball).
- It is strictly forbidden to be on the playground without a mask.
- Outside the playing area and shooting range ( shooting area), the marker must be put on the fuse and have a special plug in / on the barrel. Even with this rule, weapons cannot be pointed at people outside the playing area. In the safety zone it is recommended to wear special safety glasses made of polycarbonate.
- It is not recommended to shoot point-blank; if you managed to get close to the enemy unnoticed, you can say “Out!” (this rule is not allowed in sports paintball), after which a player taken by surprise should raise his hand and admit himself defeated. Do not shoot at the affected.
- A hit from 15-20 meters is noticeable, but in most cases tolerable, getting into focus is painful. There are cases when players without a mask knocked out their teeth with paintballs, and severe cases are known when they fall from the marker into an unprotected eye  . There are also cases of getting into the neck, which is also painful, so they try to secure this part of the body with a scarf or some kind of bandage, there are also special protective bandages.
- If the script is not played on a dedicated site, if a tourist or a mushroom picker appears, stop the game immediately and take all necessary actions to stop the rest of the game. A message about an outsider is transmitted “on the baton”, the game resumes when an outsider leaves the playing area.
- Playing in a state of alcohol or drug intoxication is strictly prohibited.
There are a large number of game scenarios - on rough terrain, in an abandoned building or on a specially prepared site, “with inputs” or without them (input refers to returning the affected player to the field).
The simplest version of the game is a wall-to-wall game without inputs. The team must hit all the players of the opposing team. (This scenario applies to sports paintball with certain edits)
Two teams of unequal composition play. One arranges a circular defense , the second tries to capture the fortress (this scenario assumes natural or artificial fortifications).
Capture the flag
The task is to capture the flag at the base of the opponent and bring it to your base. It is usually played with inputs. Option: capture of the “central flag”: the flag in the center of the field, the task of bringing it to the enemy’s base or to your base.
Every man for himself. Players are displayed in the middle of the field, on the first whistle scatter in different directions, on the second they start shooting at each other. The last survivor is the "Top Gun".
One team holds the defense in the forest (desert), the other tries to “drive the partisans” out of the forest.
"Release of the hostages" or "Capture of prisoners"
Two teams play. The "hostages" singled out from among the players may be held captive at the initial moment of time or may be captured during the game.
The number of players, as a rule, is not more than 10, each with 10 balls (20, 30, 50, etc.), with which he must hit the maximum number of opponents.
Each player has 1 ball in the marker. At the judge’s command, two players approach the barrier (markers are pointing down) and, at the judge’s signal, raise the markers and shoot.
Also, a duel can be carried out on paintball pistols having a store for 8 balls (shots). Both in open areas, rough terrain, areas for sports paintball, and indoors.
Two teams play. One team is one third less in number - it is the "Terrorists" or "Partisans." Terrorists take to the field earlier and ambush. A large team must navigate through the territory of the playing field of a player marked with a bright vest or special bright bandage (VIP). The task is to lead the VIP through all ambushes unaffected. This scenario is suitable for large forest sites or for large sites with tasks and facilities.
Two teams. When the player is "killed", he puts the marker on the fuse and runs on the established "respawn". Paint is removed from the player, after which he can continue his participation until the end of the game.
Training and Tactical Paintball
Today, paintball is used for additional training of bodyguards and special services in many countries ( USA , Germany , England , Israel , etc.).  Even one of the popular versions of the emergence of paintball as a game includes going beyond the secrecy of the methodology and the idea of training weapons of the American army.
For the purposes of these areas of paintball, markers have been developed that imitate firearms , which differ from sports counterparts in appearance and weight, close to the samples of real weapons. Multilevel structures or specially prepared areas imitate real conditions for military operations .
Abroad, one of the first special equipment for practical paintball began to use the Anti-Terrorist ( Eng. Counter Terror Warfare School ) and the Anti-Partisan ( Eng. Counter Guerilla Warfare School ) schools in America and Israel.  In Russia, the first trainings began to be held with fighters of the special forces unit Lynx , the Alpha and Vympel groups of the FSB Federal Security Service in 1996 with the assistance of the Paintland Sports Club (Moscow). [four]
Paintball in Russia
Paintball is one of the technical sports run by DOSAAF (until December 2009 - ROSTO ) and recommended for development on the territory of the Russian Federation by order of the State Sports Committee of the Russian Federation No. 222 of June 26, 1996  There are various federations and leagues in Russia , within which paintball tournaments are held.
- Paintball Competition Rules Archived July 5, 2009 on the Wayback Machine of the Russian Federation of Paintball.
- WARGAMES Tactical Paintball in St. Petersburg: Content / article / Tactical Paintball Rules (Northern version)
- Injury to the player in the game "Hipsters - Paintball Forums-online
- Paintball - yesterday and today. O. Korolev. The magazine “Kalashnikov. Weapons, ammunition, equipment ”, 6/2008.
- Paintball and Paintball Club Guard - About Paintball