The Latinofiesta Moscow Film Festival of Latin America was held in February-March 2008 and became the first film festival in Russia to combine the films of recent years from different countries of Latin America : Bolivia , Brazil , Venezuela , Guatemala , Colombia , Cuba , Mexico , Paraguay , within one program Uruguay , Chile and Ecuador .
The festival was organized by the Latinofiesta Cultural Center with the support of the Institute of Latin America RAS  and eleven embassies of the participating countries. The task set by the organizers was to acquaint the Russian audience with the best Latin American films of recent times, many of which were first shown in Russia on the big screen. The festival program included films: “American Visa” by Juan Carlos Valdivia (Mexico-Bolivia, 2005), “Havana Suite” by Fernando Perez (Cuba, 2003), “On the Edge” of Teresa Suarez (Mexico, 2006), “Journey to the Sea” Guillermo Casanova (Uruguay-Argentina, 2003), “Sex with Love” by Boris Kersia (Chile, 2003), “1809-1810, and the Day Will Come” Camilo Lusuriaga (Ecuador, 2004), “Silence Neto” by Luis Argeta (Guatemala, 1995 ), "Mary, full of grace" by Joshua Marston (USA-Colombia, 2004), " The year my parents went on vacation " Cao Hamburger (Brazil, 2006), "Play and fight" Alba the Arvelo Mendoza (Venezuela, 2006), "Requiem for a Soldier" Galia Giménez (Paraguay, 2002), and others.
“Having learned that the Paraguayan film will participate in the festival in Moscow, I experienced a feeling that is difficult to describe. It is a great honor that our film will be shown in a country that has played an important role in the development of world cinema, at the festival, which will be opened by Sergei Eisenstein's film “Long Live Mexico!”. This is the opportunity we have always dreamed of. ”
Manuel Cuenca , actor, producer and screenwriter
- Dreaming is not harmful / Soñar no cuesta nada
- Three times two / Tres veces dos
- American Visa
- Viva Cuba! / Viva Cuba!
- Maria, full of grace / María, llena eres de gracia
- Play and fight / Tocar y luchar
- On the verge / Asi del precipicio
- Havana Suite / Suite Habana
- Sex with love / Sexo con amor
- Rio Hondo
- House opposite / La casa de enfrente
- Maria Escobar / María Escobar
- The year my parents went on vacation / O Ano em Que Meus Pais Saíram de Férias
- Between Marx and Naked Woman / Entre Marx y una mujer desnuda
- My best enemy / Mi mejor enemigo
- Travel to the sea / El viaje hacia el mar
- Requiem for a Soldier / Réquiem por un soldado
- 1809-1810, while the day begins / 1809-1810 mientras llega el día
- Silence Neto / El silencio de Neto
- 2008 - “Viva Cuba!”
The film “Viva Cuba!” By Juan Carlos Cremata Malberti and Iraida Malberti Cabrara became the best film of the program according to the results of the audience’s vote on the festival’s official website (Cuba, 2005).