|XXI century : 2010—2019|
2010s ( 10th , tenths ) - a decade , including the years from 2010 to 2019  . It is characterized by a new cold war - the political conflict of the United States and its allies with Russia and China, as well as the aggravation of the contradictions between conservatism and liberalism , revolutions and civil wars in the Middle East and Ukraine, mass migration from the countries of the "Third World" and attempts to combat it. The Internet occupies a key place in culture: Internet celebrities, bloggers and streamers , video hosting. The most popular music is hip-hop    .
In the world
- The economic crisis (2008-2012) . Capture Wall Street Movement. Global Protests October 15, 2011 . US credit rating downgraded from AAA to AA + (2011). The riots in Ferguson (2014). “ Women 's March ” (2017). “ March for our lives ” (2018). The trade war of China and the USA (2018) .
- European debt crisis (since 2010). European Stabilization Mechanism (2012). The political crisis in Belgium (2007-2011) . Protests in Greece (2010-2012) , England (2011) , Spain (2011-2012) . Accession of Croatia to the European Union (2013).
- Scottish Independence Referendum (2014). UK referendum on EU membership (2016). The Salisbury and Amesbury poisoning scandal (2018).
- China's GDP became the second in the world (2010). Social Credit System (2014). Protests in Hong Kong (2014). The collapse of the Chinese stock market (2015) . The abolition of the policy " one family - one child " (2015—2016).
- EurAsEC Customs Union (2010). Common Economic Space (2012). The revolution in Kyrgyzstan (2010) . Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU) (2015).
- Nuclear Security Summits ( 2010 ; 2012 ; START III ). A cyberattack on Iran’s nuclear facilities (2010; Operation Olympic Games ). The Korean Crisis (2013) . The Second Cold War .
- The war against terrorism . Leak of US diplomatic telegrams (2010). Exchange of prisoner spies between Russia and the USA (2010) . The Case of Private Manning (2010-2013). Disclosure of information by Snowden (2013; PRISM ). Vault 7 (2017). The emergence of mass paid internet trolling .
- War in Afghanistan (since 2001) .
- Iraq war (2003-2011).
- War in Northwest Pakistan. The death of Osama bin Laden (2011). Unrest in Pakistan (2011-2013) .
- The Arab Spring : mass protests and armed conflicts in North Africa and the Middle East (2010-2011). Attacks on US diplomatic missions (2012) .
- The revolution in Tunisia (2010-2011) .
- Unrest in Algeria (2010-2012) .
- Civil war in Libya (since 2011). The assassination of Muammar Gaddafi .
- The revolution in Egypt (2011) . The military coup in Egypt (2013) .
- Unrest in Bahrain (2011) .
- The revolution in Yemen (2011-2012) . Armed conflict in Yemen (since 2014) .
- Civil war in Syria (since 2011). The actual independence of the Islamic state (until 2017) and Kurdistan .
- Russian military operation in Syria (since 2015).
- European Migration Crisis (since 2015).
- The execution of workers in Zhanaozen , Kazakhstan (2011).
- Political reforms in Myanmar, the end of the military dictatorship (2011-2015). The persecution of the Rohingya in Myanmar (2016-2017) .
- South Sudan (2011) separated from Sudan . Hunger in East Africa (2011) . Tuareg Uprising (2012-2013) . Religious clashes in Nigeria , Boko Haram . The Ebola Epidemic (2014). The military coup in Zimbabwe (2017) .
- The political and economic crisis in Venezuela . Protests in Brazil: 2013 , 2015-2016 . Impeachment of Dilme Rousseff (2015-2016). “ Cuban Thaw ” (since 2014). Zika fever epidemic in Latin America (2015). The end of the half-century civil war in Colombia (2016).
- The political crisis in Ukraine , Euromaidan (2013-2014). Armed conflict in the east of Ukraine (since 2014). Incident in the Kerch Strait (2018).
- Protests in Armenia: 2015 , 2018 . Armed clashes in Nagorno-Karabakh (2016) .
- Paris Agreement on Climate Change (2015).
- Scandals with the “Panama Papers” (2016) and the “Paradise Papers” (2017).
- The war on drugs in the Philippines (since 2016).
- Attempted military coup in Turkey (2016) . Constitutional referendum (2017).
- Impeachment Park Geun-hye (2016-2017).
- Constitutional crisis in Spain (2017) . The referendum on the independence of Catalonia (2017) .
- Arrests in Saudi Arabia (2017) . The assassination of Jamal Khashogji (2018).
- The movement of yellow vests in France, Belgium and the Netherlands (2018-2019).
- Aggravation of the ideological struggle of conservatism and liberalism, especially in the United States. The appearance of the warring movements of the “ warriors of social justice ” and the “ alternative right ”.
- The Skolkovo Innovation Center (Moscow) and Innopolis (Tatarstan) were founded.
- December interethnic unrest (2010) .
- Renaming of the police to the police (2010-2011).
- Cancel the switch to winter / summer time (2011-2014). Time zone changes .
- The protest movement (2011-2013) . Return of the election of governors (2012). " Swamp business ."
- Putin took office for the third time (2012).
- The Law on “ Foreign Agents ” (2012).
- Russia's accession to the World Trade Organization (2012).
- Construction of the Vostochny Cosmodrome (2012-2016).
- The corruption scandal in the Ministry of Defense (2012).
- Unified Register of Prohibited Sites (2012).
- “ The Magnitsky Act ” and “ The Law of Dima Yakovlev ” (2012-2013).
- Reform of the Russian Academy of Sciences (2013).
- The pardon of Khodorkovsky (2013) and Lebedev (2014).
- Joining of Crimea (2014). "Polite people."
- International sanctions in connection with the annexation of Crimea .
- Russian food embargo .
- Import substitution .
- The collapse of the ruble (2014).
- VFLA doping scandal (since 2015).
- The murder of Nemtsov (2015).
- National Payment System "Mir" (2015).
- System "Plato" (2015).
- " Spring Law " (2016).
- The case of Ulyukaev (2016-2017).
- Mass protests against corruption (2017).
- Putin took office for the fourth time (2018).
- Raising the retirement age and VAT (2018).
- Military exercises " East-2018 ", the most ambitious since 1981.
Disasters, natural disasters, terrorist attacks
- Numerous earthquakes around the planet in 2010, including in Haiti (250,000 people died), in Chile and China .
- Abnormal heat in the Northern Hemisphere (2010; Abnormal heat in Russia ).
- Eruption of a volcano in Iceland near the Eyjafjädlajökull glacier (2010).
- The crash of Tu-154 in Smolensk (2010), the death of Polish President Lech Kaczynski and the highest military command of Poland.
- The attack in the Moscow metro (2010) .
- The explosion of the Deepwater Horizon oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico (2010).
- Floods in Central Europe , Pakistan (2010) , Australia and South Africa (2010-2011) , Thailand and Rio de Janeiro (2011; El Nino ).
- The attack at the airport Domodedovo (2011) .
- Japan Earthquake (2011) . Accident at Fukushima I nuclear power plant .
- Terrorist attacks in Norway (2011) .
- Massive . Hurricanes Irene (2011) and Sandy (2012).
- Floods in the Krasnodar Territory (2012) , Europe , India , Afghanistan, Pakistan , the Russian Far East and China (2013) .
- The collapse of the ship Costa Concordia (2012).
- The fall of the meteorite Chelyabinsk (2013).
- Terrorist attacks on a bus , train station, and trolleybus in Volgograd (2013).
- The attack on the Boston Marathon (2013)
- Railway accident in Santiago de Compostela (2013)
- Disaster Boieng 737 in Kazan (2013)
- The crash of a Boeing 777 in the Donetsk region (2014).
- The catastrophe in the Moscow metro (2014)
- The loss of the aircraft of the Malaysian Airlines in the Indian Ocean (2014).
- The crash of the trawler "Far East" (2015).
- Earthquake in Nepal (2015) .
- Explosions in Tianjin (2015)
- Terrorist attack by Charlie Hebdo (2015)
- The attacks in Paris on November 13, 2015
- The crash of the Airbus A321 aircraft over the Sinai Peninsula (2015)
- Explosion at the Severnaya mine (2016)
- The attacks in Brussels on March 22, 2016
- Nice attack July 14, 2016
- The attack in the St. Petersburg metro on April 3, 2017
- Shooting in Las Vegas on October 1, 2017
- Fire at the Winter Cherry shopping center (2018).
Science and Technology
Astrotechnology and space
- Mars rover " Spirit " failed and completed its mission (2010).
- The Chang'e 2 mission began exploring the moon (October 2010).
- The spacecraft " Akatsuki " could not from the first attempt to enter the orbit of Venus (December 2010).
- The Messenger spacecraft entered the orbit of Mercury and began to study it (March 18, 2011)
- The first Chinese orbital station Tiangong-1 was commissioned (September 29, 2011).
- The Chang'e-2 apparatus began to study the asteroid (4179) Tautatis (April 15, 2012).
- The apparatus " GRAIL " began to study the moon (2012).
- Landing on Mars rover " Curiosity " (2012).
- The LADEE apparatus began to study the moon; optical communication technologies in space were first tested (2013).
- The Chang'e-3 station delivered the Yuta lunar rover to the moon ; the telescope was first delivered to the moon (2013).
- The satellite " MAVEN " began to study Mars (2014).
- The Mangalyan station began to study Mars (2014).
- Chang'e-5T1 station has begun to develop flight technology to the moon for the future Chang'e-5 mission; The objectives of the Chinese program include the delivery to the moon of the spacecraft of the private European project 4M Manfred Memorial Moon Mission (October 2014).
- The first soft landing of a spacecraft ( Fila ) on the surface of a comet (2014).
- The Messenger spacecraft completed work and was smashed onto the surface of Mercury  (April 30, 2015).
- Station " New Horizons " for the first time conducted a study of Pluto and its satellites from the flight path (2015).
- The Tiangong-2 Orbital Laboratory was commissioned (September 15, 2016).
- From the 2nd attempt, the Akatsuki spacecraft entered the orbit of Venus and began work (December 7, 2015).
- The Juno apparatus began to study Jupiter and its satellites (July 5, 2016).
- The apparatus " Trace Gas Orbiter " began to study Mars; lost probe " Schiaparelli " (2016).
- The first launch of the Soyuz-2.1a launch vehicle from the Vostochny spaceport in the Amur Region (2016).
- A working version of the fuelless EmDrive engine for orbiting satellites has been created. The device passed successful tests aboard the Tiangong-2 space laboratory  (December 21, 2016).
- SpaceX launches a launch vehicle for the first time (2017).
- The first soft landing of the spacecraft ( Chang'e-4 ) on the far side of the moon (2019).
Biotechnology and Medicine
- The first successful full face transplant (2010).
- Decoding of the Neanderthal genome (2010).
- Creating an organism with an artificial genome (2010).
- In the UK, in 2015, for the first time in the world, the method of cytoplasmic replacement was legalized during in vitro fertilization . Children conceived in this way are called "children from three parents."
- Birth of the first genetically modified people (2018).
Physics and Mathematics
- The Higgs Boson (2012)     was discovered.
- Scientists at the LIGO and VIRGO collaborations announced the experimental discovery of gravitational waves predicted by Einstein (2016).
Electronics and Digital Technology
- Internet tablets became widespread after the release of the iPad (2010).
- Exhaustion of IPv4 Addresses . International IPv6 Day (2011).
- The release of Windows 8 (2012) and Windows 10 (2015) by Microsoft . The advent of the new Metro interface (2012).
- Tests of unmanned vehicles on public roads.
- Google Glass smart glasses were tested by a large community of developers, but in the end they were not put into widespread production.
- The advent of virtual reality helmets .
Technologies and discoveries that are part of everyday life and culture
- A deep social and cultural transformation of world society has taken place. The world is becoming digital  . There is a digital revolution     .
- Widespread use of tablets , smartphones and smart watches with touch screens. Decrease in PC sales , the onset of the "post-computer era . "
- Social networks Facebook , VKontakte , Odnoklassniki , Renren gather multimillion audience of users   around the world, becoming transnational brands and corporations.
- The emergence of voice search engines (virtual robots) Google Assistant, Siri , Cortana , , Dusya , Alice , etc. The emergence of smart speakers .
- Digital formats JPEG , GIF , TXT , PDF , DOC replaced film cameras, paper photographs and printed materials. There is a crisis, reorientation of production and small business in this area (photo studio, porn industry  , printing houses, magazines, newspapers). There are many programs and devices that allow you to create, edit, view and read electronic versions of photographs, books and documents. Many newspapers and magazines go digitally into virtual sites and exist through advertising and crowdfunding (for example, such an old magazine as Around the World and the newspapers Argumenty i Fakty , Moskovsky Komsomolets , etc.). Significantly decreased volumes of printing and sales of paper books  . The role of free digital newspaper sites, magazine sites, porn sites has increased, and the role of printed paid versions is decreasing.
- The MP3 digital audio format has become the universal free standard for storing and transferring music and audio books. Among music lovers, the lossless formats FLAC , WAV , APE , etc., forbidden on most Internet resources, are gaining popularity. The music media market for vinyl, audio tapes, and CDs is in crisis and is betting on collectors . There is a struggle of media corporations with torrents, "digital piracy" and free music     . By the end of the 10s, streaming services became widespread - both requiring a paid subscription, and conditionally free, limited by advertising, the level of quality or the limit on free listening ( Yandex.Music , VK Music , Bandcamp ).
- Digital money. During the 10s, electronic bank cards became widespread, in Russia in the second half of the 10s they even began to credit salaries and pension payments. In addition to electronic bank cards, Near Field Communication (NFC) technology has appeared, allowing you to make purchases and payments using a smartphone. Also during this period a digital currency appears - cryptocurrency .
- The global video and internet project Youtube has become a competitor to television    . The crisis of TV  . The rise and fall of the popularity of 3D television (2010-2014).
- UAV civilian unmanned robots (“drones”) began to gain popularity in the early 2010s. In 2010, the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) mistakenly assumed that by 2020, some 15,000 drones would be used for peaceful purposes. In a similar forecast by the FAA in 2016, this estimate was raised to 550,000. In a forecast by Business Insider , released in 2014, the civilian UAV market in 2020 was estimated at $ 1 billion, but two years later this estimate was raised to 12 billion dollars  . In Russia, civilian drones are not very popular, but precedents for the use of drones in business and crime are growing   .
- The center of world culture is finally becoming the Internet . Internet celebrities appear and conquer: bloggers , video bloggers , streamers . Internet memes are becoming an important part of popular culture.
- The most popular platforms for communication and discussion are social networks such as Facebook , Twitter , Vkontakte . The emergence of new popular sites - Instagram (2010), Pinterest (2010), Twitch (2011).
Cinema and television
- In Hollywood, the boom of superhero cinema, film adaptations of comic books and movie universes such as Marvel and DC continues  . The superhero genre in the 2010s is considered the most popular and profitable.  
- The heyday of 3D cinema after the success of the movie Avatar (2009) 
- Lucasfilm Studio sold to Disney . New films are being made on the Star Wars universe; the first of them, “ Awakening of power ”, becomes the third in terms of fees in the entire history.
- An adaptation of John Tolkien ’s book “ The Hobbit, or There and Back ” in the form of a movie trilogy, each film collects about a billion dollars at the box office.
- The animation continues the hegemony of computer animation. Computer animated films " Frozen ", " Minions ", " Zeropolis " and " Finding Dory " collect more than a billion each at the box office. The most successful studios are Disney and its Pixar division.
- The Game of Thrones is released (since 2011), one of the most successful television series in history.
- Netflix , Hulu , Amazon, and other online video-on-demand services are becoming serious competitors to broadcast channels.
- Numerous scandals related to the accusations of famous personalities and the American Film Academy of racism, sexism or sexual harassment. (See #OscarSoWhite , #MeToo , Weinstein Effect ).
- Key directors of the decade: Christopher Nolan , Guillermo Del Toro , Denis Villeneuve , Alejandro González Iñárritu .
- In 2013, the highest-grossing cartoon, Frozen , was released at that time.
- The advent of commercial virtual reality devices and games for them.
- Game industry revenues are skyrocketing and already comparable in scale to film and sports industries  
- The popularity and profitability of eSports is growing.
- Widespread games for mobile devices.
- Gamergate and other socio-political scandals in the gaming industry.
Popular music is dominated by hip hop and dubstep . The emergence of the genres of cloud rap , hiv house , vapeportveyv . K-Pop got a lot of attention after the release of the Gangnam Style (2012) video. The growing popularity of music and the aesthetics of the 1980s and the related heyday of the synthwave genre.
In Russia - the growing popularity of hip-hop and especially rap battles on the Internet. "New Russian wave" of groups in the genre of post-punk and pop rock .
- The subculture and style of hipsters is experiencing a rise, and then a decline in popularity    .
Literature and the Press
The print press and paper books are in crisis, interest in print media is declining  . Circulations are declining, mass publications go online.    Distribution of electronic books - "readers".
- Built 828-meter skyscraper Burj Khalifa (2010) in the city of Dubai , UAE , the highest in the world at that time.
- 2010 year
- June 11 - July 11 - XIX World Cup in South Africa . Spain became the champions.
- February 12 - 28 - XXI Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver , Canada .
- September 9 - October 23 - Rugby World Cup in New Zealand .
- year 2012
- July 27 - August 12 - XXX Summer Olympic Games ( London , UK ).
- year 2014
- February 7 - 23 - XXII Winter Olympic Games ( Sochi , Russia ) 
- May 9 - 25 - 78th World Ice Hockey Championship ( Minsk , Belarus ) 
- June 12 - July 13 - XX World Cup ( Brazil )  . The German national team became champions .
- 2015 year
- June 12 - June 28 - I European Games ( Baku , Azerbaijan )
- FIFA corruption scandal (2015)
- September 18 - October 31 - Rugby World Cup ( England and Wales ) 
- 2016 year
- June 10 - July 10 - European Football Championship ( France )  .
- August 5 - 18 - XXXI Summer Olympic Games ( Rio de Janeiro , Brazil )  .
- 2018 year
- February 9 - 25 - XXIII Winter Olympic Games ( Pyeongchang , South Korea ).
- June 14 - July 15 - World Cup ( Russia ). France became the champions.
- 2019 year
- June 21 - June 30 - II European Games ( Minsk , Belarus ).
- Rugby World Championship ( Japan ).
In " Formula 1 " - the complete predominance of new teams over old ones. The first half of the decade - the hegemony of the Red Bull team and a number of champion titles by Sebastian Vettel . In the second half, the championship goes to the Mercedes team and its riders Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg . Old teams like McLaren and Williams are in deep crisis
- Answer No. 244413 // Help Bureau “Gramoty.ru” ] (inaccessible link) . Archived August 21, 2012.
- Hip-hop passes rock to become the most popular music genre for first time in history : Nielsen - Business Insider
- Hip hop and R&B surpass rock as biggest US music genre - Reuters
- "Rap is a new punk." Why Russian rap has become so popular
- interplanetary station Messenger crashed on the surface of Mercury . interfax (April 30, 2015).
- Impossible engine was successfully tested in space: Space: Science and technology: Lenta.ru .
- CERN experiments observe particle consistent with long-sought Higgs boson - press release CERN, July 4, 2012
- Physicists have discovered a contender for the role of the Higgs boson // Lenta.ru 07/04/2012
- CERN announces the discovery of the Higgs boson Archived March 4, 2016. - Elementy.ru, July 4, 2012
- “The physical community believes that the Higgs boson is open” - Elementy.ru, 07.16.12
- Herman Gref on the economic pits of the past and the digital world of the future: State Economy: Finance: Lenta.ru .
- How is the art market changing | RIA Novosti - events in Russia and the world: topics of the day, photos, video, infographics, radio .
- At the meeting of the Presidium, the results of the Information City program were summed up. According to Sergei Sobyanin, a real digital revolution has occurred in Moscow over the past five years. More than 80 percent of metropolitan families use high-speed Internet. Moscow is one of the world leaders in the development of cellular communications and the spread of Wi-Fi in public places. “Today it is difficult to imagine the work of urban health care, education, housing and communal services, the provision of electronic services without information technology. Today, every second Muscovite uses the provision of public services via the Internet. This is an astronomical figure, ”said Sobyanin. http://www.tvc.ru/news/show/id/87643/
- Echo of Moscow :: Blogs / Alexey Venediktov: Media overslept two digital revolutions and are preparing to oversleep the third .
- In Skolkovo, startups and big business met: Business climate: Business: Lenta.ru .
- Facebook celebrates its 10th anniversary as the largest social network in the world .
- VKontakte audience .
- The owner of the last movie theater with French porn got angry on the Internet: Internet: Internet and mass media: Lenta.ru
- The volume of book publishing in Russia has halved since 2008 - Polygraphy of St. Petersburg .
- Music Piracy Study: Russia at 24th Place - BBC Russian Service .
- How pirates want to build a free world without politics and dictatorship: Internet: Internet and mass media: Lenta.ru .
- Copyright experts discuss a “mysteriously scandalous” document: Press: Internet and media: Lenta.ru .
- VKontakte will leave the music free: Social networks: Internet and mass media: Lenta.ru .
- Americans set a record for watching YouTube: Media: Lenta.ru .
- Why do Internet stars give up millions and tie up with YouTube: Internet: Internet and mass media: Lenta.ru .
- blue screen goes blank Why do Russians risk being left without television . lenta.ru (October 25, 2016). Date of appeal April 20, 2017.
- Ernst announced a deterioration in the quality of Channel One broadcasts: TV and radio: Internet and media: Lenta.ru .
- McNabb, Miriam . Changing Forecasts: The Drone Industry Surprise , Drone Life (04/08/2016). Date of treatment November 18, 2016.
- Syktyvkar began to deliver pizza on drones: Society: Russia: Lenta.ru .
- In Komi, a quadrocopter flying with prisoners with yeast was intercepted: Society: Russia: Lenta.ru .
- Results of the decade: 2003—2013. Cinema | World of fiction and fantasy
- Superheroes and the billion dollar global box office - BBC News
- How 2017 Became The Greatest Year For Superhero Movies Of All Time
- Revenues of the computer games industry are growing many times faster than the sports market - Gazeta.Ru
- Entertainment industry: games beat movies
- The Millennial hipster is in terminal decline. The travel industry must respond | Telegraph travel
- Portlandia's Finale and the End of Hipsters
- People about nothing: why hipsters die out
- Interest in print media / POF
- print press is in crisis - ARPP Print Distributors Association
- Poster Editor-in-Chief advises the best covers of the year - Look At Me
- Publishers - about the rise in book prices, the crisis and the future of business - Moscow 24.03.03.2015
- Russian President Vladimir Putin announced the XXII Olympic Winter Games in Sochi - open! .
- The world hockey championship Started in Minsk .
- In Brazil, the World Cup started .
- September 18 start date for RWC 2015. (English)
- The opening ceremony of Euro 2016 Began in Paris . Kommersant.ru (June 10, 2016). Date of treatment June 10, 2016.
- XXXI Summer Olympics are open in Rio de Janeiro . BFM.RU (August 6, 2016). Date of treatment August 7, 2016.