Sosnovka ( Sosnovsky Forest Park ) is a park in the Vyborg district of St. Petersburg . The area of the park is 302 ha  . It is limited by avenues: Severny , Tikhoretsky , Svetlanovsky and Toreza , as well as Yesenin Street .
Statues dismantled 09/22/2015 in connection with vandal actions
|A district of the city||Vyborgsky district|
The central avenue of the park is Jacques Duclos Street .
In the 1830s , when the surroundings of the Forestry Institute (the current Forestry Academy ) gradually turned into a suburban area, the lands to the north of it, covered with a pine forest, began to be called Sosnovka. Summer residents used Sosnovka for secluded walks. It is known that in the summer of 1844, I. S. Turgenev and V. G. Belinsky liked to walk and talk “along the pine rows” (the former had a summer cottage on Poklonnaya Gora ; the latter, on the current Toreza avenue , which was then called the Staro-Pargolovskaya road )  .
Among residents of the central districts of St. Petersburg, Sosnovka had a reputation as a wild outskirts, convenient, for example, for duels. So, in February 1840, in Sosnovka, approximately at the site of the modern intersection of Torez and Svetlanovsky Avenues, a duel took place between M. Yu Lermontov and Ernest de Barant, son of the French ambassador. No one was hurt, but Lermontov was sent to the Caucasus as a punishment, where he was soon shot dead during another duel by N. S. Martynov  .
In 1893, the district of Sosnovsky Forest was acquired by the mayor V. A. Ratkov-Rozhnov . After his death in 1913, son Ananius got the southern part of Sosnovka, and his daughter Olga - the northern part. Ananii actively took up the redevelopment of his possessions, cut through the alleys, intending to turn them into the streets of a new summer cottage area over time. The southernmost street-alley was named Ananyevskaya - today it is Svetlanovsky Avenue . However, the war, and then the revolution, prevented Ratkov-Rozhnov Jr. from realizing his plans. Monument to his efforts today are the alleys of the southeastern part of Sosnovsky Park, which generally repeat the layout of the beginning of the 20th century  .
Until the beginning of the 21st century, there was gardening in the north of the park on Deciduous Street . It was located on the site of the village of Standard, built in the late 1920s . The village consisted of Finnish frame-and-shield tomb houses. Later, part of the territory was given for sports facilities, including a motorcycle track, and part - for gardening. At the beginning of the XXI century, gardening was liquidated in connection with the construction of a multi-storey residential complex  .
During the Great Patriotic War , a military airfield was located in Sosnovka. The 44th Air Defense Fighter Aviation Regiment was based at the airport; in March 1942 it was transformed into the 11th Guards Air Defense Fighter Regiment . The runway was built in September - December 1941 . In February 1978, a monument was erected on the northeastern edge of the former airfield. Not far from it, a memorial cemetery for pilots was preserved  .
Only in 2011 did publications appear that in the summer of 1942 special school No. 2 was transferred to Sosnovka from the 1st line of Vasilyevsky Island, which was engaged in the preparation of sabotage detachments in order to leave them in the city (in case of the capture of Leningrad), as well as groups for abandonment behind enemy lines. For study and residence of cadets, abandoned houses were selected in the area of the modern Avenue of the Unconquered and Gzhatskaya streets (the southern part of Sosnovka, built up after the war with residential quarters). The school existed until 1945  .
Back in the middle of the 20th century , there was just a forest site on the site of Sosnovka. In 1948, here, on the outskirts of Leningrad, a shooting range of the military-hunting society was created (since 2007, the Olympiets club of the Russian Shooting Union has been operating in its place). In the 1960s , when the Shuvalovo-Ozerki area began to be built up, they decided to leave a huge piece of forest and make a forest park , which was named Sosnovsky . In November 1968 it was renamed the city park "Sosnovka" .
View of Tikhoretsky Avenue
Clearing in the wooded part of the park
Memorial to the pilots of the Sosnovka airfield
View from the park to Svetlanovsky Avenue
Alley near Jacques Duclos street
Alley near Toreza Avenue
- Gardens and Parks / Sosnovsky Forest Park (Inaccessible link) . Date of treatment September 27, 2008. Archived February 11, 2009. // Addresses of St. Petersburg
- Glezerov S. Lesnoy, Citizen, Streams, Specific. M, 2007.S. 86
- Glezerov S. Lesnoy, Citizen, Streams, Specific. M, 2007.S. 118
- Glezerov S. Lesnoy, Citizen, Streams, Specific. M, 2007.S. 26-27
- “Non-standard” “Sosnovka” // Karpovka.net - June 18, 2007
- Glezerov S. Lesnoy, Citizen, Streams, Specific. M, 2007. S. 228-230
- Bolshakov A. The Secret of Sosnovsky Forest Park. St. Petersburg Gazette. Number 081. May 6, 2011.
- Gorbachevich K. S. , Khablo E. P. Why are they so named? On the origin of the names of streets, squares, islands, rivers and bridges of St. Petersburg. - 4th ed., Revised. - SPb. : Norint , 1996.- S. 245. - 359 p. - ISBN 5-7711-0002-1 .