Sakarya  ( Turkish Sakarya ; also Sangarius : Greek Σαγγάριος , Latin Sangarius ) - a river in the North-Western part of the Asia Minor Peninsula, flows into the Black Sea . The main tributaries are Porsuk , Ankara (on the banks of which the capital of Turkey Ankara is located ). Non-navigable. In the lower reaches is the city of Adapazar .
|Swimming pool||65,000 km²|
|• Height||0 m|
|Water system||Black Sea|
|- source - mouth|
The upper reaches of the river are located in the historical region of Phrygia  , and the mouth is in Bithynia . Sakarya is the second largest river in Turkey, and its length is, according to various estimates, from 790 to 824 km  . The basin area is about 65 thousand km². Average water consumption approx. 200 m³ / s. Crimean barbel is found in the waters of the river  .
The banks of the Sakarya river are plowed up, although in some places the remains of forests consisting of willow , alder , elm and ash are preserved  . The Saryyar hydroelectric power station (125 km from Ankara) and Gokcekaya (60 km downstream from Saryyar) were built on the river. The environmental situation is unfavorable  .
The main attraction of the river is the Beshköprü bridge ( tour: Beşköprü ) 430 m long, built by the emperor Justinian  .
A similar name in Turkey has a province in the Sakarya River region, with its center in Adapazari (formerly the city of Sakarya).
In ancient times, the Sangarius River was considered the western border of Galatia . During the Second Greek-Turkish War, near the Sakarya River, a crucial battle took place between the Greek and Turkish forces, as a result of which the Turks recaptured Asia Minor.
- Battle of Sakarya
- Sakarya (silt)
- Geographic Encyclopedic Dictionary: Geographic Names / Ed. A.F. Treshnikov . - 2nd ed., Ext. - M .: Soviet Encyclopedia , 1989. - S. 407. - 210 000 copies. - ISBN 5-85270-057-6 .
- Arrian . Anabasis Alexandra , 1:29
- Geography of Turkey (inaccessible link) . selmarzgroup.ru . Date of treatment January 17, 2019. Archived January 18, 2012.
- Red Book of the Krasnodar Territory (animals) / resp. ed. A. S. Zamotailov. - Ed. 2nd. - Krasnodar: Development Center PTR Krasnodar. Krai, 2007 .-- 477 p. - ISBN 5-98630-015-3 .
- ANATOLIAN PALETTE - 61 (inaccessible link - history ) . archive.is .
- Dead fish in the rivers and lakes of Turkey - an occasion to think! . www.poputchik.ru . Date of treatment January 17, 2019.
- Holidays on the Marmara and Black Seas of Turkey in the province of Sakarya (Sakarya) . www.tournet.ru . Date of treatment January 17, 2019.
- Sakarya // Great Soviet Encyclopedia : [in 30 vol.] / Ch. ed. A.M. Prokhorov . - 3rd ed. - M .: Soviet Encyclopedia, 1969-1978.
- Sakaria // Brockhaus and Efron Encyclopedic Dictionary : in 86 volumes (82 volumes and 4 additional). - SPb. , 1890-1907.
- Sakarya . www.megabook.ru . Date of treatment January 17, 2019. Great Encyclopedia of Cyril and Methodius