Wide Awake in America ( Russian "Waking in America" ) is a semi-concert mini-album of rock band U2 , released in 1985 .
|Wide awake in america|
|U2 Mini Album|
|Date of issue|| May 1985 |
October 19, 1987 
About the album
The central song of the mini-album, “Bad,” a song about heroin addiction, was recorded in Birmingham , England on November 12, 1984. “Bad” will be one of the highlights of U2's concert performances, especially after playing on Live Aid , during which Bono jumped off the stage and danced with a girl from the crowd. Rolling Stone magazine wrote that songs from The Unforgettable Fire in a concert performance only won, and “Bad” was called “showopper”  . Radio DJs also preferred the Broad Awake In America version of the album version.
"A Sort of Homecoming" was recorded during the soundcheck on November 15, 1984 at Wembley Arena , London , England . The crowd effect was added later.
The title of the album refers to the refrain from "Bad": "I'm wide awake / wide awake / I'm not sleeping." Photo & Cover Design - Matt Mahurin.
On May 23, 1994, the American Association of Recording Companies assigned the album multi-platinum status  .
All tracks from the album are included in The Unforgettable Fire 2009 reissue bonus disc.
List of Songs
- “Bad” (live) - 7:59
- “A Sort of Homecoming” (live) - 4:04
- Three Sunrises - 3:46
- Love Comes Tumbling - 4:41
|Great Britain||11 ||gold disc |
|Canada||-|| platinum disk|
|USA||37 || platinum disk|
- McGee, Matt. U2: A Diary. - Omnibus Press, 2008 .-- S. 112. - ISBN 978-1-84772-108-2 .
- Allmusic review
- RS: U2 album guide
- Rolling Stone: Wide Awake in America
- Rolling Stone - Music Review: Wide Awake in America
- RIAA: Gold & Platinum
- everyHit.com search results
- Certified Awards Search. British phonographic industry
- CRIA Certification Results: U2
- Allmusic - Wide Awake In America : awards
- Wide Awake in America at Discogs