Evgeny Aleksandrovich Morgunov ( April 27, 1927 , Moscow , USSR - June 25, 1999 , Moscow, Russian Federation) - Soviet and Russian film and theater actor, film director, Honored Artist of the RSFSR ( 1978 ). The most famous for the role of the Experienced of the Trinity Trus, Dunce and Experienced in a series of Soviet film comedies by Leonid Gaidai .
|Birth name||Evgeny Aleksandrovich Morgunov|
|Date of Birth|
|Place of Birth|
|Date of death|
|Place of death|
actor , filmmaker , screenwriter
|Career||1944 - 1998|
Born in the family of Alexander Semenovich Morgunov. The father left the family early, the mother raised her son alone. She worked at the factory, then as a nurse in the hospital of the Ostroumovskaya hospital  . From the age of 14, he went to work at the Fraser plant , where he turned blanks for artillery shells. In the war and the postwar years, the family was very hungry. Once the mother brought a pack of butter, he could not resist and ate the whole pack without bread. He became ill, he was barely released, but since then his metabolism has been impaired. At 25, he was diagnosed with diabetes . As a result, he gained a lot of weight. At a more mature age, this affected the joints, his legs were constantly sore  .
In 1943, he wrote a letter to Stalin , in which he asked to be enrolled in a theater school. The answer came to the letter, and he was really enrolled in the school at the Tairov Theater , but he studied there for only a year and transferred to VGIK to the acting department to Sergei Gerasimov . In 1948 he graduated from VGIK. In 1948-1951 - actor of the Studio Theater of the film actor . In 1951-1953, he was an actor of the Academic Maly Theater , then returned to the Theater of Film Actor.
Recommendation for an actor when enrolling in a film actor's theater:
Is Morgunov talented? I don’t know this, but if a car gets stuck on an expedition, Morgunov will immediately pull it out. Is Morgunov talented? I don’t know this, but Morgunov perfectly tolerates heat and cold, and, if necessary, is unpretentious in food. Is Morgunov talented? I don’t know this, but he knows how to milk a cow and carries the flu on his feet. Such as Morgunov, the expedition is indispensable. Is Morgunov talented? I don’t know that, but you know whether Morgunov is talented. - Alexander Dovzhenko
The second actor’s work, which immediately brought him fame, was the role of the fictional character, the traitor Yevgeny Stakhovich in the film “The Young Guard” (version 1948, directed by Sergei Gerasimov ), an adaptation of the novel of the same name by Alexander Fadeev . The young actor in the image of Stakhovich was so much remembered by the public that in one provincial city the actor was attacked on the street by boys who thought they had tracked down the traitor  .
In the 1950s, the actor starred mainly in films of historical and patriotic orientation, now little known. The actor’s popular popularity was brought by the role of the Elderly Leonid Gaidai in the 1960s comedy series: “ Moonshiners ”, “ Dog Barbos and the Unusual Cross ”, “ Operation Y” and other Shurik’s adventures , “ Prisoner of the Caucasus, or Shurik’s new adventures ”. In the wake of popularity, he tries himself as a director - takes the picture " When the Cossacks Cry " based on the story of Sholokhov ( 1963 ).
During the filming of “The Caucasian Captive”, a conflict occurred between him and Gaidai  , when the actor behaved towards the director, known for his rigor, too independently. This episode greatly complicated his subsequent film career . In the 1970s and 1980s, he rarely acted in films, mainly in episodes, the most famous film of this period with his participation is Pokrovsky Gates . In the post-Soviet years, he starred in more than ten films, but still did not play the main roles. For the audience, he remained Experienced .
He painfully experienced creative lack of demand , spoke extremely sharply about the Soviet cinema industry . In everyday life, he was a great joker and lover of pranks, he was always surrounded by many friends. He loved the feast, but, contrary to rumors, did not abuse alcohol  . The actor for many years suffered from diabetes mellitus, suffered a thrombosis, two heart attacks and a stroke  . In recent years, almost did not go because of foot disease, starred and performed at concerts in slippers. Doctors wanted to amputate his legs several times, but his wife Natalya Nikolaevna, who herself was treating her husband, helped to avoid surgery  .
He died on June 25, 1999 in the Moscow Central Clinical Hospital from a second stroke, shortly before that, in June 1998, his 26-year-old son Nikolai died in a car accident  . Both are buried in Moscow at the Kuntsevo cemetery .
The cultural significance of the actor’s work
The personality of the actor is often debated, because the actor seemed to deliberately combine in himself and his character a wit-joker and a subtle connoisseur of art and poetry. Around him, many stereotypes were created, related both to the beginning of his acting career in heroic-patriotic films, and to the experienced mask. His quarrel with Gaidai is widely known - then a sharp wit got the upper hand and hurt both the director and the actor  .
At the same time, the role of the Experienced brought the actor such a popular love that many eminent artists cannot manage to earn after dozens of roles played.
The rest of his work (directing “When the Cossacks Cry”, the role of Soyev and other acting works) well emphasize his main image.
What is the secret of Morgunov? Why did everyone listen to him and let him go everywhere? I think that in addition to the natural gift of suggestion, which he certainly possessed, Morgunov still correctly chose the role necessary in this episode and perfectly performed it. In the actor’s work on the role, there is a concept - an extension. Annexes can be different: from below, on equal terms, from above. Morgunov had only two extensions in his solo performances: on an equal footing - with his superiors and from above - with everyone else. He talked with bosses of any rank in a friendly way: cordially and relaxed, like with a classmate with whom he was sitting at the same desk. And he spoke with the rest calmly, evenly, with a sense of superiority and slight contempt. And the "rest" understood that in front of them was the boss. And so they obeyed him and let him go everywhere.- George Danelia
For more than 10 years, Morgunov lived with the Bolshoi ballerina Varvara Ryabtseva (1914 - 1999), who was 13 years older than him  .
- Wife - Natalya Nikolaevna Morgunova (born 29.06.1940)  , was 13 years younger than Morgunova, her parents were engineers. Their acquaintance began in 1963 with a rally: Natalya, then a MATI student, instead of an institute, mistakenly called a friend whom Morgunov was visiting at that time. He picked up the phone and, introducing himself as an employee of the department, asked for a phone number. Then he called several times, supposedly from the department, and only then made an appointment  . Married in 1965.
- son - Anton Evgenievich Morgunov (born 20.04.1966).
- son - Nikolai Evgenievich Morgunov (09/29/1972 - 06/25/1998), died at 25, falling asleep at the wheel of a car   .
- Two grandchildren (b. 1990 and b. 2000) and granddaughter Evgenia Nikolaevna Morgunova  . (1994)
Since 1966 he lived on the street of Alexei Tolstoy , 8; since 1973 - on Pushkinskaya street , 21/7; since 1985 - on Krasnoproletarskaya street , 9  .
He was a passionate sports fan. Information about which Moscow football club he was a fan of is diverging.
... Often they also called to the House of the Film Actor, where he became friends with Evgeny Morgunov, Experienced from the Gaidaevo trio. Zhenya passionately supported CSKA , and I played for Spartak, but that didn’t interfere with our friendship
Olympic champion Alexey Paramonov 
As a child, Evgeni Morgunov loved to play football, chasing a tin can instead of a ball. Later he became a gambling fan - he could often be found at matches of his favorite Spartak team 
In addition, he was a big fan of classical music, adored Tchaikovsky , Rachmaninov , Mussorgsky . He dreamed that his children would become musicians. He, having no musical education, could nevertheless sit down at the piano and play a classical composition by ear, from memory  .
- 1943 - Days and Nights - Soldier (not in the credits)
- 1944 - At 6 p.m. after the war - artilleryman (not in the credits)
- 1944 - Native fields - a draftee (not in the credits)
- 1944 - Man No. 217 - Prisoner No. 204 (not in the credits)
- 1945 - It was in the Donbass - underground (not in the credits)
- 1948 - The Young Guard - Evgeny Stakhovich (in the 1960s version - Gennady Pocheptsov)
- 1949 - They have a homeland - the commandant (not in the credits)
- 1950 - Donetsk miners - the miner, the son of the Gorovs (not in the credits)
- 1950 - Conspiracy of the doomed - military (not in the credits)
- 1950 - Secret Mission - American Soldier (uncredited)
- 1950 - Brave People - Hoffmann (uncredited)
- 1952 - Unforgettable 1919 - sailor- anarchist (not in the credits)
- 1953 - Hostile Whirlwinds - Anarchist
- 1954 - The Hero Goes to Marto - Humphrey
- 1954 - Ship Commander - Mahotin
- 1955 - Mother Gendarme (uncredited)
- 1955 - Mexican - Michael
- 1955 - Othello - episode (not in the credits)
- 1956 - Pavel Korchagin - Urka on the porch (not in the credits)
- 1956 - First joys - the orderly (not in the credits)
- 1956 - Poet - spectator at an evening of poetry (not in the credits)
- 1957 - Burn, my dawn - Krutikov
- 1957 - Squad Trubachev fighting - German batman (not in the credits)
- 1957 - Born of the Storm - Kobylsky
- 1957 - Pages of the Past - Gendarme (not in the credits)
- 1958 - Soldiers marched - adjutant general (not in the credits)
- 1959 - White Nights - Guard
- 1959 - Vasily Surikov - commandant of the snowy town
- 1959 - The fate of man - a fat German (not in the credits)
- 1959 - Chernomorochka - Trambonium, entertainer
- 1960 - Evgenia Grande - Bochar (uncredited)
- 1960 - Resurrection - Private (uncredited)
- 1961 - Scarlet Sails - Police Corporal
- 1961 - Two Lives - Krasavin (uncredited)
- 1961 - Insolent - episode
- 1961 - Dog Watchdog and unusual cross - Experienced
- 1961 - Moonshiners - Experienced
- 1961 - A Man from Nowhere - a Tapi Chef (uncredited)
- 1963 - Track stitches - patrol policeman
- 1964 - Goodbye Boys! - beachman with a child
- 1964 - Ballet Star - Shilobray
- 1964 - The Tale of Lost Time - the owner of "Moskvich"
- 1964 - Want - believe it, want it - no ... - interlocutor in a restaurant
- 1965 - It happens so (movie almanac) (short story "The Skeleton of Apollo") - episode
- 1965 - At the first hour - violinist at the Blue Light
- 1965 - Give the Complaint Book - Director of a clothing store
- 1965 - Operation Y and Shurik's other adventures - Experienced
- 1966 - Three Fat Men - Fat Man
- 1966 - Caucasian captive, or Shurik's New Adventures - Experienced
- 1966 - Tales of the Russian Forest - Experienced
- 1967 - Sea Tales - a small song in the illusion of "Nymph"
- 1968 - Seven old men and one girl - Experienced
- 1969 - Abduction - artist Morgunov
- 1969 - An old acquaintance - entertainer
- 1970 - Traffic Light - Intruder Fan
- 1971 - Ilf and Petrov traveled by tram - raider
- 1975 - Big attraction
- 1976 - Happy Dream, or Laughter and Tears - Ace of Spades
- 1976 - Magic lantern - sheriff, cop, neighbor, border guard ''
- 1976 - Solo for elephant and orchestra - Kolya
- 1977 - Risk - a noble cause - cameo
- 1977 - These incredible musicians, or Shurik's New Dreams - cameo
- 1979 - Grandmothers in two said ... - a cook in a hotel restaurant
- 1980 - Comedy of Bygone Days - Experienced
- 1982 - Did not wait, did not guess! - neighbor
- 1982 - Pokrovsky Gate - Soyev
- 1982 - Just awful! - goat master
- 1984 - Jumble , issue number 46 (episode "Forty Devils and One Green Fly") - school principal
- 1986 - Premiere in Sosnovka - viewer
- 1986 - We are sitting well! - drunk football referee on the train
- 1987 - Stronger than all other decrees - the landowner
- 1990 - Superment
- 1991 - Swamp street, or Anti-sex agent - landlord
- 1991 - Act, Manya! - filmmaker
- 1992 - Womanizer 2 - psychic
- 1992 - Shot in a coffin - Kolbasyuk
- 1992 - Gentlemen artists - architect
- 1992 - New Odeon - Blokhin
- 1993 - Good guys - Ivan Karas, major
- 1993 - Treasure of my family
- 1994 - Waltzing for sure
- 1994 - Jumble (episode "Bomb") - director of the school
- 1995 - Boulevard Novel - Governor
- 1998 - The Paradise Bullseye - Vsevolod Ivanovich Tubikov, Head of Security
- 1963 - When the Cossacks cry
- 1962 - Wick number 1 (plot "Living Corpse")
- 1977 - Wick number 186 (plot "Lovers")
- 1981 - "The Accident in the Country of Multi-Remote " - Experienced
1989 - Give people beer ( Zodchie group ) - patient on a gurney
- 2009 - Evgeny Morgunov. Jokes of a big man (dir. Olga Kulikova)
- Myagkova Laura. Operation Y and other adventures of Vitsin, Nikulin and Morgunov . - M .: Algorithm, 2014 .-- 288 p. - (The greats are joking). - ISBN 978-5-4438-0762-1 .
- Internet Movie Database
- Tatyana Bulkina . Bow to Soviet cinema. - M .: Publishing House "Muscovy", 2011. - S. 215-219. - 384 p. - ISBN 5-7151-0333-9 .
- Morgunov Eugene - Biography - Actors of Soviet and Russian cinema
- Documentary film “Jokes of a Big Man. Evgeny Morgunov
- MORGUNOV Evgeny Aleksandrovich
- Newspaper Gordon Boulevard | The widow of the actor Evgeny MORGUNOVA Natalia: “The husband was crippled by the death of our youngest son - a year after the death of Kolya, Zhenya was gone”
- Widow of actor Evgeny MORGUNOV Natalia: “The death of our youngest son killed the husband - a year after the death of Kolya, Zhenya was gone” / Boulevard
- Morgunov Evgeny Aleksandrovich // Moscow Encyclopedia. / Ch. ed. S.O. Schmidt . - M. , 2007-2014. - T. Volume I. Faces of Moscow : [in 6 books].
- Romantsov D ,. Alexey Paramonov: “In summer, Spartak trained at the airport, in winter - at the former stable” . sports.ru (February 1, 2013). Circulation date May 17, 2019.
- Danilenko L., Smirnova D. Operation “Y” and Shurik’s other adventures. - Ukrainian Media Holding , 2012. - T. 13. - 96 s. - (Favorite movie). - ISBN 978-617-694-010-4 .