Sitokivtsi ( Ukrainian: Sitkivtsi ) is an urban-type settlement in the Nemirovsky district of the Vinnitsa region of Ukraine , the center of the village council of the same name.
|History and Geography|
|Timezone||UTC + 2 , in summer UTC + 3|
|Population||2235  people ( 2018 )|
|Telephone code||+380 4331|
|Car code||AB, KV / 02|
The village belongs to the historical and ethnographic region of Podillia , located at the confluence of the rivers Krasnaya and Povstyanka, 40 kilometers from the regional center of Nemirov .
In the center of the village, 20 graves of the late medieval cemetery were revealed. In one burial, a silver coin was found - half a penny of the year 1520 during the reign of the Hungarian king Louis II .
At the beginning of the XVI century. Sitkivtsi is a fortified castle on the border of Vinnitsa and Gaysinsky districts. In its place, the remains of earthen ramparts, foundations of houses and churches were preserved, and 9 km east of the village - the ruins of an ancient monastery (tract Monastyrische). In 1545, the Sitkivtsi belonged to the Lithuanian pan Skabarna, as evidenced by the audit documents.
Not far from the Sitkovites in ancient times the Black Road passed, along which the Tatar hordes marched, carrying out predatory raids. The village was repeatedly destroyed during such attacks (1551, 1571, 1586), but people again settled on its territory.
In 1629, there were 102 yards in the village.
Since 1654, the Sitkivtsi were repeatedly attacked by Polish-gentry troops. According to the Andrusovsky truce, the Sitkivtsi remained in Poland, and from 1672 to 1699 were under Turkish rule. In 1702, during the Pali uprising, the Sitkivtsi were occupied by the insurgent groups Paliya and Samusya.
After the Second Section of the Commonwealth in 1793, the Sitkivtsi entered Bratslav governorate , and four years later - into the Lipovetsky district of the Kiev province .
Soon the village was bought by Count Stanislav Pototsky . A palace was built in the village, a park-reserve was set up. The serfs worked at the sugar factory founded in 1836, as well as at the brick factory and glassware factory. In 1866, the joint-stock company, led by Baron K. Taube and Frenchman I. Goffar, began construction of a new sugar factory, in the autumn of 1867 the factory produced 87,617 pounds of granulated sugar. The factory employed 240 men and 20 women; The reform of 1861 increased the number of landless and landless peasants who went to work at the factory.
In 1882, a public school was opened with money from sugar factory workers and peasants, by 1902 the school became two-year, three teachers taught 157 boys and girls. In the village, a hospital worked for several beds with a paramedic and a village doctor; poverty, poor working conditions, poor sanitation, and the lack of widespread medical assistance have contributed to high morbidity; infant mortality was 62% of the number of births. In 1900, 3044 people lived in Sitkivtsi, there were 426 peasant households. Of the 2248 acres of land, more than a thousand belonged to the Potocki, 100 to other owners, 90 to the church, and only 981 tithes were owned by peasants.
In 1929, the restoration of the sugar factory was completed; in the 1930s, the factory produced 40–56 thousand centners of sugar. Primary and secondary schools worked in the village, 600 children studied. In 1939, teachers G. M. Karasevich and F. I. Morozyuk were awarded the title of Honored Teacher of the Ukrainian SSR.
With the outbreak of World War II, many residents of Sitkov went to the front. M. L. Yarentyuk was in the 62nd army from Stalingrad to Germany, for courage and bravery he was awarded two Orders of the Red Star, the Order of Alexander Nevsky and many medals. With three orders of Glory, World War 1 degree, F. S. Kovalchuk returned home. Since September 1941, a group of underground workers, organized by a doctor V.V. Monastyrsky and a police officer D.I. Savich, operated in Sitkovtsy. Underground workers disarmed and destroyed policemen in the village of Ilyintsy, delivered food and medicine to the partisans, took Sovinformburo reports and issued anti-fascist leaflets, in 1942 blew up a train between the Sitkovtsy-Krishtopovka stations. Doctor V.V. Monastyrsky rescued youth from deportation to Germany by issuing fake certificates of illness. In early 1943, the Gestapo arrested the underground, after torture in the Vinnitsa prison, the invaders executed 14 patriots, led by Monastyrsky. On January 24, 1944, a German punitive detachment arrived in Sitkovtsy, who shot 27 people and burned several houses of residents. The village was liberated on March 14, 1944, as a result of the occupation, a sugar factory was burned, the MTS , school, hospital, collective farm property, many residential buildings were looted and destroyed.
The status of an urban-type settlement was assigned in 1958.
In 1958, the farm to them. Voroshilov and the Shevchenko artel of the village of Dzhurintsy were merged into one collective farm “Ukraine”. Since 1961, the collective farm specialized in animal husbandry; in 1970, there were 2,455 cattle. The sugar factory continued to work, in the 1970s it produced 154 thousand centners of sugar per year, 788 tons of beets were processed per day. By 1971, the narrow gauge railway was reflashed to a wide gauge.
In January 1989, the population was3342 people  .
As of January 1, 2013, the population was 2366 people  .
The village has a railway station Sitkovtsy.
- Skotny, Valery Grigoryevich (1948–2011) - Ukrainian teacher, rector of the Drogobych Pedagogical University, culturologist, Doctor of Philosophy, professor, Honored Worker of Education of Ukraine
- number of the explicit population of Ukraine on 1 September 2018 rock. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kiev, 2018.S. 14
- 1989 All-Union Population Census. Number of urban population of Union republics, their territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender
- number of the explicit population of Ukraine on 1 September 2013. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kiev, 2013. 43
- Pokhilevich Lavrentiy , Tales of the populated areas of the Kiev province, 1864; with. 515
- Історія міст і іл Ukrainian RSR: Vinnytska Oblast. - K .: Golovna editors ure of the Academy of Sciences of the Urals Republic of Dagestan Republic, 1972. - 630 p.
- History of cities and villages of the Ukrainian SSR: Vinnytsia region. - Institute of History of the Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR - K .: Glav.red. Ukrainian Sov. Encyclopedias.