Wild Planet ( French: La Planete Sauvage , Czech. Divoká planeta ) is a full - length animated film by the famous French director Rene Lalu . A film adaptation of the science fiction writer Stefan Woohl 's serial production of oms ( Oms en série , 1957 ). Co-production of France and Czechoslovakia .
|La planetet sauvage|
|written by||Roland Ax |
|Roles voiced||Jennifer Drake |
|Studio||Les films armorial |
Le Service de la recherche ORTF
|A country|| France |
The planet Igam is ruled by a highly developed civilization of Drags. During one of the cataclysmic expeditions, Terra brought tiny animals. Domesticated pets often run away, quickly reproduce in the wild and bring a lot of trouble. Gradually, a struggle breaks out on the Igama of oppressed oms (from the French hommes ) - the descendants of earthlings against their giant owners for a warm place under the dim sun, for life and freedom. As a result, dredges decide to completely destroy ohms ...
The style of this cartoon is determined primarily by the extremely inventive and vibrant visuals created by the famous French illustrator Roland Ax . The mysterious world, at times echoing the paintings of surrealists (for example, Salvador Dali ), is displayed in extraordinary detail on the screen.
The Importance of a Film for Cinema History
The film is one of the first examples of European animation for an adult audience and at the same time the first full-length animated film shot by a French director. He openly polemicizes with the Walt Disney tradition, including the animation technique - as opposed to the hand-drawn Disney animation, “Wild Planet” is made in the “transfer” technique (cut out of paper and replaced by elements of figures during shooting), more constrained in the plastic movement, but significantly richer in detail and color.
- Special Jury Prize at the XXVI International Cannes Film Festival ( 1973 ).
Reviews and reviews
Cartoon “Wild Planet” received a large number of positive reviews and was recognized as one of the greatest animated masterpieces according to Rolling Stone  . On the site-aggregator of opinions Rotten Tomatoes, the rating of the picture is 88%. The consensus of the site’s critics is: “The Wild Planet” is an animated epic, surreal, beautiful, fantastic and graceful at the same time ”  .
A reviewer at The New York Times noted that the cartoon offers "an original, thoughtful, strong (but tasteful) animation"  . TV Guide journalist called the picture "a creepy, surreal and long-awaited respite from the animation in the style of Disney"  . According to the publication Wired , “Wild Planet” is an incomparable example of ambitious animation of the late 60s and early 70s  . The journalist of the Russian edition of The World of Fantasy agrees with representatives of the foreign press, noting the impressive grotesque and visual range of the picture, which he called "a piercingly serious spectacle"  .
Many critics have spoken out on the Wild Planet manifesto against racism and intolerance  . Thus, the Turner Classic Movies critic believes that the cartoon is an allegorical depiction of the struggle against the oppression of a particular race in America, Algeria and South Africa, as well as the Holocaust  .
- Filming began at the Prague Short Film Studio, known for its high professionalism.
- In the American film "Cage" , individual shots from "Wild Planet" are used.
Analogies to Other Artwork
- People as pets of aliens, followed by development and rebellion against the "owners", appear in the novel by Kir Bulychev " Favorite ", published in 1993 . In the novel, the action takes place on Earth , which was invaded by aliens.
- The idea of using an unreasonable person to use a device of aliens for training, with the subsequent application of the knowledge gained for rebellion, was used in Ron Hubbard 's novel “ The Battlefield: Earth ” and its film adaptation of the same name .
- 40 Greatest Animated Movies Ever . Rolling stone. Date of treatment December 8, 2018. Archived December 8, 2018.
- FANTASTIC PLANET . Rottentomatoes.com. Date of treatment December 8, 2018. Archived December 8, 2018.
- Thompson, Howard Fantastic Planet 'Is Animated Feature . The New York Times (Dec 19, 1973). Date of treatment December 8, 2018. Archived December 8, 2018.
- McDonagh, Maitland Fantastic Planet . TV Guide. Date of treatment December 8, 2018. Archived December 8, 2018.
- Fantastic Planet . WIRED. Date of treatment December 8, 2018. Archived December 8, 2018.
- Wild Planet . The World of Fantasy (Oct 28, 2008). Date of treatment December 8, 2018. Archived December 8, 2018.
- Trandahl, Paul Fantastic Planet . Common Sense Media. Date of treatment December 8, 2018. Archived December 8, 2018.
- Axmaker, Sean Fantastic Planet . TCM.com. Date of treatment December 8, 2018. Archived December 8, 2018.