Breguet ( Breguet ) is a luxury watch brand in Switzerland . Since September 1999, it is part of the Swatch group of companies.
|MONTRES BREGUET SA|
|Founders||Abraham Louis Breguet|
|Location||Switzerland : Vale de Joux|
|Key figures||Mark Hayek ( CEO )|
|Products||Wrist Watch |
|Parent company||The Swatch Group Ltd.|
In 1775, then still beginner watchmaker Abraham-Louis Breguet opened his first watch shop in Paris , where his creations gradually gained popularity among the French elite.
During the French Revolution, Breguet moved to Switzerland , where he created a new modern watch production. Nevertheless, in 1795 he returned to France and restored his workshop and began to develop his own mechanism for ordinary watches and repeater watches.
In 1801, Breguet began to gradually develop new markets, and especially Russia , which at that time was a profitable partner. As a result, in 1808, a representative office of the Russian House Breguet was opened in St. Petersburg .
For outstanding services in watchmaking, Breguet was awarded many awards and titles. In 1816 he was elected a member of the Royal Academy of Sciences and he became a gentleman of the Legion of Glory and a member of the French Bureau of Measurements (Chamber of Weights and Measures) .
In 1999, the Swatch Group bought Breguet.
Throughout its history, Breguet has refined and created many of the technologies that are still used in watchmaking.
- In 1780, the first self-winding watch, with inertial load and two winding drums, was released.
- In 1783, the invention of the construction of the shock gong.
- In 1790, the invention of the world's first shockproof system, called pare-chuté, was completed in 1808.
- In 1801, a patent was obtained for the invention of the tourbillon - a mechanism that compensates for the effect of gravity on the accuracy of the watch.
The company's clients were the most famous historical figures:
- 1782 - Marie Antoinette , Queen of France
- 1798 - Napoleon Bonaparte , Emperor of France
- 1787 - Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord , Minister of Foreign Affairs of France
- 1798 - Josephine Beauharnais , Empress of France
- 1806 - Selim III , Sultan of the Ottoman Empire
- 1808 - Carolina Bonaparte , Queen of Naples
- 1809 - Alexander I , Russian Emperor
- 1813 - Michel Ney , Marshal of France
- 1835 - Earl Axel von Fersen, Swedish officer and diplomat
- 1838 - Queen Victoria of England
- 1901 - Winston Churchill , British Prime Minister
- 2007 - Vladimir Putin (Breguet Marine) 
- Svetlana Medvedeva 
- Alexey Kudrin (Breguet Classique Automatic)
- Patriarch Cyril (Breguet Classique) 
Mention in literature
- In the novel by Evgeny Germanovich Vodolazkin “The Aviator”:
“I remember his movements. An exaggerated, somewhat snappy pulling of a breget for the chain. The clicking of the lid, a slight grimace ... "
- In the novel by Alexander Dumas " Count of Monte Cristo ":
“Danglar’s watch, Breguet’s masterpiece that he had set the day before before setting off, carefully wound up and rang at half past five in the morning.”
- In the book by Henri Murger, “Scenes from the Life of Bohemia”:
Mademoiselle Laura was already waiting for him at the appointed place. “Well done! He thought. “How accurate she is - not a woman, but a Breguet!”
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin mentioned Breguet in the novel " Eugene Onegin ":
For the time being in the morning,
Wearing a wide bolivar
Onegin rides on the boulevard
And there he walks in the open
So far awake
Lunch will not ring him.
Thirst asks for more glasses
Pour hot cutlet fat,
But Breguet ringing brings them,
What a new ballet has begun.
- Joseph Brodsky :
feels the darkness before
than the surrounding landscape;
I hug you
and wrap myself in a cloak
because in the window
rain - obviously crying
for you and for me.
We have to go.
Cuts through the glass
our time is long.
Change the mode.
Fated to live on
on breget strangers
- Leo Scheinin : "Breguet Edward Herriot ."
- "Breguet" is the story of Alexander Ivanovich Kuprin .
- The Golden Breguet of Erast Fandorin was mentioned repeatedly in the works of Boris Akunin .
- Collection of rare watches
- Kommersant apologized to Svetlana Medvedeva for the published photo with an expensive watch . NEWSru (February 12, 2009). Date of treatment August 12, 2010. Archived March 11, 2012.
- Patriarch Kirill wears a watch for 30 thousand euros
- breguet.com - official site of Breguet