The Institute of the United States of America and Canada of the Russian Academy of Sciences is a scientific institution within the Department of Global Problems and International Relations of the Russian Academy of Sciences , specializing in the comprehensive study of the United States of America and Canada .
|Institute of USA and Canada RAS|
( ISCRAN )
|Location||Russia , Moscow|
The institute was founded in 1967 by the famous American scientist G. A. Arbatov and from the first days of its existence began to play an important role as a center for analyzing US politics, economics and ideology. The Institute had a direct impact  on the development of the foreign policy of the USSR in relation to the United States.
- Since 1970, the journal " USA and Canada: Economics, Politics, Culture " has been published.
- Since 1991, the Institute bears its current name.
- Since 2000, the Faculty of World Politics within the framework of the State Academic University of the Humanities has been operating at the Institute.
Full name - Federal State Budgetary Institution of Science “Institute of the United States of America and Canada of the Russian Academy of Sciences”.
- Arbatov, Georgy Arkadevich - Academician of the USSR Academy of Sciences (1974), founder, director (1967-1995), honorary director (1995-2010).
- Rogov, Sergei Mikhailovich - Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences (2011), Director (1995—2015), Scientific Director since December 2015, Dean of the Department of World Politics, GAUGN .
- Garbuzov, Valery Nikolaevich - Director of the Institute of the USA and Canada of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Deputy Dean of the Department of World Politics, GAUGN, Doctor of Historical Sciences.
- Kremenyuk, Victor Alexandrovich - Deputy Director, Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences .
- Supyan, Viktor Borisovich - Deputy Director, Doctor of Economics.
- Emelyanov, Sergey Vladimirovich - Doctor of Economics, Professor of the Russian Academy of Sciences .
- Batalov, Eduard Yakovlevich - creator of the theory of philosophy of international relations.
- Ivanyan, Eduard Aleksandrovich - Doctor of Historical Sciences, editor-in-chief of the journal “USA and Canada” (1998-2012).
- American Studies
- Arbatov G.A. Man of the System.- Series: My 20th Century.- M .: Vagrius , 2002, 462 pp. ISBN 5-264-00851-5
- Yakunin V.I. , Sulakshin S.S. , Vilisov M.V. , Sokolov D.V. Science and power. The problem of communications . - M .: Scientific expert, 2009. - 248 p. - ISBN 978-5-91290-075-4 .
- Institute of the USA and Canada RAS (ISCRAN) // Ivanyan E.A. Encyclopedia of Russian-American Relations. XVIII-XX centuries. - Moscow: International Relations, 2001. - 696 p. - ISBN 5-7133-1045-0 .