Dmitry Ivanovich Sautin (born March 15, 1974 , Voronezh , RSFSR , USSR ) is a Soviet and Russian water jumper , two-time Olympic champion, the only holder of 8 Olympic awards in diving. Honored Master of Sports of Russia (2000), lieutenant colonel of the reserve of the Armed Forces of Russia .
|Full name||Dmitry Ivanovich Sautin|
|Date of Birth|
|Place of Birth|
|Sports career||since 1991|
|Weight||75 kg |
He played for CSKA (Voronezh). He is currently Vice President of the All-Russian Federation for Diving. Member of the Voronezh Regional Duma of the V convocation  .
She has been training since the age of 7 under the guidance of one mentor - Tatyana Alexandrovna Starodubtseva . His professional development was also influenced by coach Vladimir Rulev  . It specializes in ski jumping 3 m (individual and synchronized jumping) and from a 10 m platform (individual and synchronized jumping). Graduate of the Voronezh State Institute of Physical Culture . He achieved his first success when he was 17 as a member of the USSR national team, winning a silver medal at the European Championships in Athens (1991) .
Despite numerous injuries, Dmitry achieved outstanding success in his sport. At the Olympic Games in Sydney (2000) he won medals in all issues of the men's diving program.
It is considered the best Russian jumper in the water of the XX century. He is one of the few athletes who have successfully fought with Chinese divers in the water. He became the first athlete to score above 100 points per jump in diving  .
Twice (1998 and 2000) he was recognized as the best athlete of the year in Russia.
Since 2010 - Vice President of the All-Russian Federation for Diving.
Member of the Voronezh Regional Duma .
In 2010, according to a survey of the International Federation of Water Sports (FINA), he was recognized as the best athlete in diving in 2000-2009. In the survey, Sautin scored 29.60 percent of the vote, beating 1.8 percent of the Chinese Tian Liang  .
Married. Two sons - Ivan (born in 2008) and Matvey (born in 2011).
Olympic Games (8 medals)
- Two-time Olympic champion:
- 1996 - 10-meter tower
- 2000 - 10-meter tower (synchronized jumping) (with Igor Lukashin )
- Two-time vice champion of the Olympic Games:
- 2000 - 3-meter springboard (synchronized diving) (with Alexander Dobroskok )
- 2008 - 3-meter springboard (synchronized diving) (with Yuri Kunakov )
- 4-time Olympic bronze medalist:
- 1992 - 3 meter springboard
- 2000 - 3 meter springboard and 10 meter tower
- 2004 - 3 meter springboard
- Participant and winner of 5 Olympic Games in a row - 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004 and 2008.
- Sole holder of medals in all 4 types of modern jumping programs at the Olympic Games
World Aquatics Championships (9 medals)
- Five-time world champion:
- Rome 1994 - 10 meter high tower
- Perth-1998 - 10-meter tower,
- Perth 1998 - 3 meter springboard
- Fukuoka 2001 - 3 meter springboard
- Barcelona 2003 - 3-meter springboard (synchronized diving) (with Alexander Dobroskok )
- 1994 World Ski Jumping Silver Medalist
- Three-time bronze medalist of the world championships (2001, 2003 and 2007)
- 11-time European champion in various disciplines (1993-2008):
- 1993 - 1 time
- 1995 - 1
- 1997 - 1
- 1999 - 1
- 2000 - 2
- 2002 - 2
- 2006 - 1
- 2008 - 2
- 4-time silver medalist at the European Championships (1991, 1993, 2000 and 2006)
- 2-time bronze medalist of the European Championship (1995 and 2010)
- Multiple winner and medalist of the championships of Russia
- Winner of the World Cup and Grand Prix competitions
- Three-time winner of the Goodwill Games (1994, 1998 and 2001).
- Order "For Merit to the Fatherland" IV degree ( April 19, 2001 ) - for his great contribution to the development of physical culture and sports, high sports achievements at the Games of the XXVII Olympiad 2000 in Sydney 
- Order of Honor ( November 2, 1995 ) - for high sports achievements at the first World War Games of 1995 
- Order of Friendship ( August 2, 2009 ) - for his great contribution to the development of physical culture and sports, high sports achievements at the Games of the XXIX Olympic Games 2008 in Beijing
- Medal of the Order "For Merit to the Fatherland" I degree ( February 18, 2006 ) - for his great contribution to the development of physical culture and sports and high sports achievements 
- Badge of Merit for the Moscow Region ( September 1, 2008 ) 
- Honorary Citizen of the City of Voronezh 
- Honor sign of the government of the Voronezh region "Gratitude from the land of Voronezh
In 2013, he took part in the program “Universiade 2013 Ambassadors” (XXVII World Summer Universiade 2013 in Kazan)  . It has the status of “Ambassador of the Championship 2015 ” in the framework of the PR program, the purpose of which is to attract the attention of the general public to the championship, disseminate and develop the values of sports, tourism and a healthy lifestyle in Russia and the world  .
In 2017 - the official ambassador of the III Winter World War Games  .
In 1986, at competitions in Austria, Greg Luganis donated his rag to wipe the body after a shower to 12-year-old Soviet boy Dmitry Sautin , the future winner of 8 Olympic medals in diving. Sautin kept the rag for a long time. 
In 1992, at the Olympic Games in Barcelona, Sautin was forced to borrow spare swimming trunks from the Mexican Fernando Platas , since he had forgotten his own at the hotel. In the swimming trunks of Platas Dmitry won bronze on the 3-meter springboard, and the Mexican took only 17th place. After the competition, Sautin tried to return the trunks to the owner, but the Mexican said that he gives them to the Russian  .
- Diving Man Dmitry Sautin August 4, 2006 Novye Izvestia URL at 9/3/2008
- Vaytsekhovskaya E. Dmitry Sautin: “I regret that I did not leave immediately after Beijing” . Sport Express (07/02/2014). Date of treatment June 26, 2014.
- Dmitry Sautin
- Sautin, Ilchenko and Davydova - the best athletes of the decade . Sportbox.ru (April 29, 2010). Date of treatment July 26, 2012. Archived on August 7, 2012.
- Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of April 19, 2001 No. 450
- Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of November 2, 1995 No. 1068
- Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of February 18, 2006 No. 126
- Resolution of the Governor of the Moscow Region of September 1, 2008 No. 104-PG (Unavailable link) . Date of treatment February 28, 2010. Archived December 2, 2008.
- Kazan 2013. All ambassadors of the Universiade 2013 . Sport Express (12/07/2012). Date of treatment December 8, 2014.
- Salnikov became the 2015 World Aquatics Ambassador in Kazan . Sport Express (08/14/2014). Date of treatment December 8, 2014.
- Lieutenant Colonel Dmitry Sautin declared ambassador of the III Winter World War Games in Sochi: Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation
- Dmitry Sautin: These games will be the hardest for me . russianews.ru (Posted on 05/22/2008 17:45).
- most curious situations in the history of the Olympic Games (Inaccessible link) are named . Date of treatment August 6, 2010. Archived on August 6, 2008.
- Sautin official website
- Dmitry Sautin on the IOC website
- School of Dmitry Sautin. Diving for everyone
- The article “Ten records of Dmitry Sautin” in the newspaper “Moskovsky Komsomolets” dated March 24, 2008
- Sautin's profile at infosport.ru
- Sautin's interview with the Novye Izvestia newspaper on August 4, 2006
- The article “The striped life of Dmitry Sautin” in the newspaper Sport-Express dated April 7, 2004
- Dmitry Sautin, about sports, children