Bibikov - Russian noble family , from the Tver boyars .
|Volume and sheet of the General Armorial||III, 13|
|Parts of the genealogy book||VI, II, III|
|Grand Duchy of Moscow|
|Manors||Grebnevo , Balovnevo , Senevo , Shkin|
The origin and history of the genus
Around the year 1300 , Murza Zidimir , a relative of the Blue Horde khans, whose son had received St. Catherine , left the Blue Horde for Tver , according to the tales of the genealogical books. baptism with the name of Dmitry Zhidimirovich and was a boyar in Tver. Dmitry's grandson, Fyodor Nikolaevich, bore the nickname Bibik. The Old Tatar word “bik” - “Bek, prince, sovereign, chief, lord” is homonymous with respect to the ancient Turkic word “bi” - “strong, healthy; solid". Thus, the name Bibik can be translated as “a solid chief”, or “supreme chief”; his descendants the Bibikovs began to write from him.
In 1477, Bibikov, Semen-Selivan Ignatievich received from Ivan III in the land of Novgorod in Votskaya Pyatina the described lands : Matvey Yurevich Repekhov in the churchyard Dudorovsky-Vvedensky; Vasily Mozzhinsky, Ivan Vasilievich Ruzhensky, Gridy, Semyon and Pyotr Esipovichi Krechetnikovs in the Nikolsky-Izersky pogost.
Bibikov, Semen Grigorievich , Novgorod landowner, was granted an estate in the Moscow district on October 2, 1550 . Bibikov, Ivan Vasilyevich , Bibikov, Ivan Elizarievich and Bibikov, Grigory Filatevich were the voivods: the first - in the Kazan campaign of 1544 , the second - in Nevlya in 1580 and 1581 and in Alyst in 1584 and the third - in Mtsensk in 1594 and Dankov in 1600.
Brother Grigory Filatevich, Bibikov, Ivan Filatevich , was the governor of Rylsk , he traveled as an ambassador to the Crimea in 1592. Then he was a commander in Zasek Venevskoy. Bibikov, Nikifor Semenovich voivodship in Tsivilsk in 1615, in 1617 and 1618 - in Arsk , and in 1631-1633 - on Beleozero  ; his sons, Bibikov, Dmitry Nikanorovich and Bibikov, Peter Nikanorovich , were killed during the siege of Smolensk in 1634.
When submitting documents on March 21, 1686, the Bibikov genealogical list and three royal letters were given to the family in the Velvet book , of which the most ancient were sent to Rylsky governor Ivan Feofilatyevich Bibikov in 1586  .
In the 17th century, the Bibikovs served in the capitals , nobles of Moscow and co-workers .
Twenty Bibikovs in 1699 owned populated estates.
Bibikov, Aleksey Yuryevich was the General Rekemeister and used the special power of attorney of Peter I. According to his contemporaries, Bibikov, Ivan Ivanovich , one of the smartest people of his time, was the president of the first revision college , then the chamber colleges , the lieutenant-general , the senator and finally, the ruler of Little Russia , where he died in 1745 .
Famous representatives of the genus
- Bibikov Alexander Borisovich - contentious in 1672-1692, the steward in 1692
- Bibikov Yuriy Loginovich - the queen of Natalia Kirillovna's steward in 1671-1676
- Bibikov Daniel Fomich - the steward of Tsariu Natalia Kirillovna 1671-1676, the steward in 1677
- Bibikov Thomas Ivanovich - voivode in Yakutsk in 1676-1680, where he died.
- Bibikov Alexey Borisovich - voivode in Lebedyan in 1678   .
- Bibikovs: Ivan Bogdanovich, Yakov Gavrilovich, Ivan Prokofievich - the steward in 1672-1692
- Bibikov Ivan Fomich - the steward of Queen Natalia Kirillovna in 1668-1677, the steward in 1677-1692.
- Bibikov Yuri Bogdanovich - steward in 1677-1692
- Bibikov Alexey Yuryevich - the steward of Queen Evdokia Fedorovna in 1692
- Bibikov, Alexander Alexandrovich (1765-1822) - Russian military and court figure.
- Bibikov, Alexander Ilyich (1729-1774) - Russian statesman and military leader, General-in-Chief.
- Bibikov, Alexey Yuryevich (? -?) - General-Rekemeister, Irkutsk Vice-Governor (1736—1739).
- Bibikov, Arseniy Nikolaevich (1873–1927) - writer, theater and silent film actor.
- Bibikov, Boris Vladimirovich (1900-1986) - actor, theater teacher.
- Bibikov, Vasily Nikolayevich (1910–1989) - Soviet commander, lieutenant-general of aviation (1954).
- Bibikov, Viktor Ivanovich (1863-1892) - Russian writer, representative of pre-symbolism.
- Bibikov, Dmitry Gavrilovich (1792-1870) - Russian statesman and military leader.
- Bibikov, Yevgeny Mikhailovich (1840-1900) - Russian general, participant of the Russian-Turkish war of 1877-1878.
- Bibikov, Ilya Bogdanovich (1739-1806) - Russian statesman, senator.
- Bibikov, Ilya Gavrilovich (1794–1867) - Adjutant General, Decembrist, Head of the North-Western Territory from 1850 to 1855
- Bibikov, Matvey Pavlovich (1812-1856) - Russian writer and journalist.
- Bibikov, Mikhail Vadimovich - famous Russian Byzantinist, professor, doctor of historical sciences, chief researcher at the Institute of World History, vice president of the Russian National Committee of Byzantinists  
- Bibikov, Nikolai Valerianovich (1842–1923) - Russian cavalry general, president (mayor) of Warsaw
- Bibikov, Pavel Nikonovich (1903-1985) - Soviet military leader, Major General.
- Bibikov, Peter Alekseevich (1832 or 1833–1875) - Russian journalist and translator.
- Bibikov, Yury Bogdanovich (? —1812) - lieutenant-general, commander of a separate Caucasian corps.
- Golenishcheva-Kutuzov, Ekaterina Ilyinichna (nee. Bibikova; 1754–1824) - the stats lady , the wife of Field Marshal Mikhail Illarionovich Kutuzov .
Coat of arms of Bibikovs 1785
In the Armorial of Anisim Titovich Knyazev of 1785 there is a seal with the emblem of the representatives of the Bibikovs:
- The coat of arms of the commander-in-chief, senator, colonel and cavalier of the Order of the Holy Apostle Andrei Alexander Ivanovich Bibikov (1729-1774), married to Princess Anastasia Stepanovna Kozlovskaya: in a shield with a blue field and a circular shape, with a wide pink border in a circle flying to the left side white bird. The shield is crowned with a noble crown (there is no noble helmet and notion ). The supporters : on the right side there is a lying white horse, on the left - a rising lion with its tongue hanging out, standing with its hind legs on the barrel of the gun. On the left side between the horse and the noble crown are four flags.
- The coat of arms of Fyodor Ivanovich Bibikov: in a shield that has a silver field and a wide golden border in a circle, is depicted a gray bird with its wings spread, holding a sword in its right paw, on top of which is a nobleman's crown. A curved vignette around which there is a branch woven into the right side. Above the vignette is the usual noble crown (there is no noble helmet)  .
Emblem. Part III. No. 13.
In the shield, which has a blue field, the bird Turokhtan is depicted flying to the right side.
The shield is crowned with an ordinary noble helmet with a noble crown on it. Basting on the shield is blue and red, enclosed in gold. The shield is held on the right side by a white horse, and on the left a lion.
Coat of arms of Count Bibikov
On the ex-libris there is an image of the unknown origin of the coat of arms of Bibikov, crowned by the earl's crown: on the shield there is a bird flying to the left. Supporters standing on a bracket: on the left - a rising lion, with a sword in its right paw, on the right - a rising unicorn, with a flag in its right leg. The shield is crowned with the crown of count dignity. Under the shield, order cross. Above the shield is the motto << Vigil et audax >> << Vigilant and dare >>  .
- Bibikov, Nikifor Semenovich (voivode) // Russian biographical dictionary : in 25 volumes. - SPb. - M. , 1896-1918.
- Sost: A.V. Antonov . Genealogical murals of the late XVII century. - Ed. M .: Ros.gos.arch.drev.aktov. Archeogr. Centre. Issue 6. 1996 Bibikovs. p. 95. ISBN 5-011-86169-1 (Т.6). ISBN 5-028-86169-6.
- Alphabetical index of the names and persons mentioned in the Boyar books, kept in the I-st branch of the Moscow archive of the Ministry of Justice, with the designation of the service activities of each person and the years of their status, in their positions. M., Tipogr: S. Selivanovsky. 1853 Bibikovs. pp. 29-30.
- interview with M.V. Bibikov on bogoslov.ru
- MSU. Department of Byzantine and Modern Greek Philology
- Comp. A.T. Knyazev . Armorial Anisim Titovich Knyazev 1785. Edition S.N. Troinitsky 1912 Ed., Prepared text after the HE. Naumov. - M. Ed. “Old Basmannaya”. 2008 Bibikovy. p. 33. ISBN 978-5-904043-02-5.
- Comp. S.I. Bogomolov . Russian book sign. 1700-1918. Ed. Past Ed. 2nd. M., 2010. Nauch. ed. N.I. Baburin. Bibikovy. p. 90. ISBN 978-5-902073-77-2.
- Bibikovy // Encyclopedic Dictionary of Brockhaus and Efron : 86 t. (82 t. And 4 extra.). - SPb. , 1890-1907.
- Bibikovy // Russian biographical dictionary : in 25 volumes. - SPb. - M. , 1896-1918.
- Dolgorukov P.V. Russian genealogical book . - SPb. 3 Ed. Own E. I. Century Office, 1857. - Vol. 4. - p. 289.