Euripil ( ancient Greek Εὐρύπυλος ) is a character of ancient Greek mythology  . Son of Teleph and Astiochus (sisters of Priam)  .
After the death of Paris, he came to the aid of the Trojans with the army of the Mission. He made a number of exploits, but was killed by Neoptolem  . According to the Little Iliad, Machaon killed  . Killed Peneleus  . According to Giginu, he killed Nereus and Machaon  . According to Quint Smyrna, Nereus , Machaon , Peneleus , 8 more lesser-known persons are killed. Killed by Neoptolem  .
In Homer, in connection with Euripil, Keteans and feminine gifts are mentioned, but it is not clear what this is about  . The formula "women's gifts" is found in Homer in the story of Erifile , and the names are similar  . Modern scientists identify Keteans with the Hittites .
The protagonist of the tragedy of Sophocles "Euripil" (fr. 210-222 Rudt), the tragedy of Homer of Byzantine "Euripilia".
- Myths of the peoples of the world. M., 1991-92. In 2 t. T.2. P.656, F. Lubker. Real Dictionary of Classical Antiquities. M., 2001. In 3 t. T.1. P.566
- Quintus Smyrna. After Homer VI 150
- Pseudo-Apollodor. Mythological library É V 12
- Pausanias. Description of Greece III 26, 9
- Pausanias. Description of Hellas IX 5, 15
- Hyginus. Myths 113
- Homer. Odyssey XI 519; Quint Smirn. After Homer VIII 175-226
- Strabo. Geography XIII 1, 69 (p. 615)
- Gindin L. A., Tsymbursky V. L. Homer and the history of the Eastern Mediterranean. M., 1996. P.278