Tad Williams ( born Tad Williams , born 1957 ) (real name is Robert Paul Williams) is an American science fiction writer.
|English Tad williams|
|Birth name||Robert Paul Williams|
|Date of Birth|
|Place of Birth|
science fiction writer
|Years of creativity||since 1985|
|Language of Works|
|Debut||Tailchaser's Song, 1985|
| and |
Williams childhood passed in the small town of Palo Alto , near Stanford University . After leaving school, unlike most of his friends, Williams decides to start making money for a living. Firstly, because his family was never wealthy, and secondly, because he himself seemed more interested. He sang in a rock band (it was called "Idiot"), sold shoes, distributed mail, worked in the theater, on television and radio (for almost 10 years), as well as in a multimedia application production company. This is not a complete list of classes that he tried. However, one fine day, by his own admission, he decided to “stop doing some terrible things” and focus on writing, which in the future could bring him sufficient income. In addition to novels, Williams also writes scripts for film and television and comic books.
Ted Williams lives with his wife in London and in San Francisco .
George R. R. Martin , another fantasy writer, is a big fan of Ted Williams. According to him, it was “Memory, Sorrow and Thorne” that convinced him that fantasy can be serious literature, after which he undertook to write “ A Song of Ice and Fire ”  . In one of the books, he curtailed his friend Williams: it refers to the “House of Willum”, its members are the brothers Elias and Joshua, and their coat of arms depicts three crossed swords and a dragon skeleton. Together, this is a hint of "Memory, Sorrow and Thorne"   .
In 2006, the German rock band Blind Guardian released the song " Otherland ", dedicated to the Williams series of the same name, on the album a Twist in the Myth .
Memory, Sorrow and Turn (Order of the Manuscript) ( fantasy )
- Throne of the Dragon Bones (the Dragonbone Chair, 1988)
- Rock of Farewell (Stone of Farewell, 1990)
- Wind Road (To Green Angel Tower, part 1: Siege, 1993)
- Green Angel Tower (To Green Angel Tower, part 2: Storm, 1993)
Inozemye (Otherland) ( cyberpunk )
- City of Golden Shadows (City of Golden Shadow, 1996), AST, 2003
- Blue Flame River (River of Blue Fire, 1998), AST, 2004
- Mountain of Black Glass (Mountain of Black Glass, 1999), AST, 2004
- Sea of Silver Light (Sea of Silver Light, 2001), Realms Of Books, 2013
Shadowmarch ( fantasy )
- Shadowmarch (2004), Exmo, 2007
- Game of Shadows (Shadowplay, 2007), Exmo, 2010
- Sunrise of Shadows (Shadowrise, 2010), was not published in Russia
- Heart of Shadows (Shadowheart, 2010), not published in Russia
Adventures at the Ordinary Farm Adventures ( child fantasy ), co-author Deborah Beale
- Dragons of the Ordinary Farm (The Dragons of Ordinary Farm, 2009), Exmo, 2012
- Secrets of Ordinary Farm (The Secrets of Ordinary Farm, 2011), not published in Russia
Bobby Dollar (City Fantasy)
- Dirty Streets of Heaven (The Dirty Streets of Heaven, 2012), Exmo, 2014
- Hell Discount Time (Happy Hour in Hell, 2013), Exmo, 2014
- Oversleep Judgment Day (Sleeping Late on Judgement Day, 2014), Exmo, 2014
Out of series:
- The Tailed Tube or The Adventures of the Young Cat (Tailchaser's Song, 1985), ABC, 1997
- The Child of the Ancient City (Child of an Ancient City, 1992, co-author Nina Kiriki Hoffman ), was not published in Russia
- Caliban's Hour (1994), not published in Russia
- War of the Flowers (the War of the Flowers, 2003), AST, 2005
- Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- BD Gest '
- German National Library , Berlin State Library , Bavarian State Library , etc. Record # 120448726 // General Normative Control (GND)
- BNF ID : Open Data Platform
- A Conversation With George RR Martin: An interview with Wayne MacLaurin. November 2000
- House Willum