Belogorye is a state nature reserve located in the Belgorod region of the Russian Federation .
|State Nature Reserve "Belogorye"|
|IUCN Category - Ia (Strict Nature Reserve)|
|Management organization||Ministry of Natural Resources and Ecology of the Russian Federation|
History of the reserve
It was created in 1999 on the basis of the Forest on Vorskla reserve that existed since the 1920s, which in 1951 was liquidated and became a training and experimental forestry.
In 1979, "Forest in Vorskla" again received the status of a reserve. In 1995, it included the Ostrasyevy Yary section, and in 1999 the Yamskaya Steppe , Lysy Gory and Stenki Izgorya sections (these three sections were part of the Central Black Earth State Natural Biosphere Reserve until 1999 named after professor V.V. Alekhine ) and in the same year the reserve was named "Belogorye"  .
The reserve is a federal environmental conservation, research and environmental educational institution aimed at preserving and studying the natural course of natural processes and phenomena, the genetic fund of the plant and animal world, individual species and communities of plants and animals, typical and unique ecological systems in the south of the Central Russian Upland .
The following tasks are assigned to the reserve:
- Implementation of the protection of natural territories in order to preserve biological diversity and maintain in a natural state protected natural complexes and objects
- Organization and conduct of scientific research, including the maintenance of the "Chronicle of Nature"
- Environmental monitoring
- Environmental education
- Participation in the state environmental review of projects and layouts of economic and other facilities
- Assistance in the training of scientific personnel and specialists in the field of environmental protection
In accordance with the tasks set for the reserve, in its structure there are: a department for the protection of the protected area, a scientific department, a department of environmental education and a department for supporting core activities.
The territory of the Belogorye State Nature Reserve consists of 5 separate sections (clusters) located in the Borisov , Gubkinsky and Novooskol districts of the Belgorod Region, with a total area of 2131 hectares.
|" Forest in Vorskla "||Borisov district||1038|
|" Ostrasiev Yary "||Borisov district||90|
|" Walls of the Foothills "||Novooskolsky district||267|
|" Yamskaya steppe "||Gubkinsky district||566|
|" Bald mountains "||Gubkinsky district||170|
The nature reserve “ Rivne ” is also in charge of the reserve.
Flora and Fauna
There are 149 bird species recorded in the reserve. About 370 species of higher vascular plants are found on its territory. In the fauna of the reserve, there are 50 species of mammals. There are 6 species of reptiles and 9 species of amphibians, 15 species of fish.
- Forest in Vorskla
- Walls of Foothills
- Stone Log
- List of Specially Protected Natural Areas of the Belgorod Region
- Red Book of Belgorod Region
- Goryshina T.K., Timofeeva E.K. Forest-on-Vorskla Reserve // Reserves of the European part of the RSFSR. Part II / Ed. V.V.Sokolova, E.E.Syroechkovsky . - M .: Thought , 1989 .-- S. 138-151.
- Kasatkina G. A., Fedorova N. N., Rusakov A. V. Soils and soil cover of the Belogorye Reserve // Bulletin of St. Petersburg State University. Ser. 3: Biology. 2012. Issue. 1, p. 121-138. [one]
- Reserve "Belogorye" :: Official site . zapovednik-belogorye.ru. Date of treatment January 24, 2013. Archived February 2, 2013.
- Belogorye, state nature reserve ● Catalog of protected areas of the Russian Federation . belogor.zapoved.ru. Date of treatment January 24, 2013. Archived February 2, 2013.
- Preserved Russia: Belogorye
- Reconstruction of the Belogorye Reserve (youtube.com)