The State Art Collections of Dresden ( German Staatliche Kunstsammlungen Dresden ) are a number of world-famous museums in Dresden , famous for their large variety of expositions.
Their history dates back to the Kunstkamera, founded by the Saxon Electors in 1560. Systematic collection activities began during the rule of the Electors of Saxony and the kings of Poland Augustus the Strong and his son Augustus III . In 2010, the Dresden State Art Collections celebrated the 450th anniversary of the creation of collections that marked the beginning of today's museums.
The state art collections of Dresden are located in many of the historically significant buildings of Dresden. First of all, it is the Zwinger , as well as the Dresden castle-residence (it. Residenzschloss), Albertinum , the palace and park ensemble Pilnits .
In 2001, the organization was listed in the “Blue Book” - a list of the most significant cultural institutions of the “new” federal states of Germany - Brandenburg , Mecklenburg , Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia . In the list of twenty organizations, the Dresden meetings are in second place after the Prussian Castles and Gardens Berlin-Brandenburg Foundation.
The museum complex is under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Science and Culture of the federal state of Saxony .
- Old Masters Gallery (Old Masters Picture Gallery) in Zwinger
- Gallery of new masters in Albertinum
- Grünes Gewölbe or Green Svoda (treasury museum) in the Castle residence
- Dresden Armory and the Turkish Chamber at the Castle Residence
- Porcelain collection in Zwinger
- Museum of Applied Arts (Palace complex Pilnits )
- Sculpture Collection (Albertinum)
- Engraving cabinet in the castle residence
- Numismatic cabinet (coins, orders and medals)
- Physics and Mathematics Salon (antique watches and instruments) in Zwinger
- Museum of Saxon Folk Art and the Puppet Theater Assembly