“ The Adventures of the Funtik Piglet ” is the Soviet four-episode cartoon Anatoly Solin , shot according to the script by Valery Shulzhik and Yuri Fridman (indicated in the credits under the pseudonym “Yuri Sidorov”), based on their two-act play “The Fourth Piglet” (1976). Issued by the creative association " Screen " in 1986 - 1988 .
|The Adventures of Pig Funtika|
|written by||Valery Shulzhik |
|Production designer||Inna Pshenichnaya|
|Roles voiced||Zoya Pylnova, |
Armen Dzhigarkhanyan ,
Irina Muravyova ,
Olga Aroseva ,
Spartak Mishulin ,
Anatoly Barantsev ,
George Burkov ,
Boris Runge ,
|Sound engineer||Sergey Kel|
|Studio||Creative Association "Screen"|
|A country||the USSR|
|Premiere||1986 - 1988|
In 2010, a message appeared about a three-part continuation   , but at the moment these series are not available to the general public.
The Elusive Funtik
The greedy owner of the “Tear of the Child” toy store, Mrs. Belladonna, is served by the little pig Funtik, who lures money for passers-by for him - he tells the tale “ Three Little Pigs ” , passing it off as an all-selling, and asks “to submit to the houses for homeless pigs”. Finally, he is bored and he, unable to withstand the deception committed by him and not wanting to commit such atrocities in the future, escapes from Belladonna. Then she begins to ruthlessly pursue Funtik and turns to the police chief, Foxtrot, with the aim of organizing the persecution. He sends on the trail of Funtik two of his best detectives - Dober and Pincher. Funtik wanted announcements also began to circulate.
By chance, Funtik meets with two circuses - Uncle Mokus and his monkey assistant Bambino. They offer Funtik to go on a tour with them to a neighboring city. Funtik agrees to expose Belladonna in front of everyone and wash away his sins. With the help of his newfound friends, Funtik manages to fool Dober and Pincher, thanks to which they mistakenly drag to Belladonna an old holey boot, which they found earlier in the garbage bin, rather than infuriate it.
Funtik and detectives
Belladonna sends Dober and Pincher to continue to hunt down Funtik, and not the other two piglets whom Pincher saw near the mill. But, knowing full well that you can’t count on them, she decides to act herself and lures the circus performers into the swamp. The hippo (to whom Bambino gave the name "Chocolate"), who used to live in the city and sell balloons, helps them get out. But Belladonna achieved his exile because her own balloons, due to poor quality, could not compete with his balloons. Circus performers persuade a hippopotamus to join them as a strongman in the circus arena.
To Belladonna’s fury, Dober and Pincher’s attempt (who disguised themselves as a hunter and a dog) to capture Funtik again fails due to their clumsiness, and Belladonna decides to intercept the fugitives at her very first gas station.
Funtik and old lady with a mustache
Having tried to prevent possible interference from the "best" detectives, Belladonna decides to act exclusively herself, for which she disguises herself as a man who owns a gas station, since the circus performers just ran out of fuel in the car. But all her attempts to capture Funtik again, for various reasons, fail to the extent that when Belladonna, taken to the extreme, decides to give coffee to the circus with potent sleeping pills , then in the end, because of Funtik, she drinks it and falls asleep by mistake.
Circus performers decide to take her to the nearest hotel where there is a telephone, and Dober and Pincher, who, on the orders of Belladonna, had been hiding in the trash all this time and ended up stuck there, rode in it and, crashing into the sign, are forced to report to Foxtrot that “grandmother captured ", and they" got into the scrap. "
Funtik in the circus
Circus performers bring Belladonna to the Three Roads roadside hotel owned by her friend Durillo, as greedy as she is. There she wakes up. Having understood the situation very soon, circus performers run away on time. Then Belladonna decides to no longer chase after them, but to seize right in the arena in the circus. But this time, her attempt to fail and leads to the fact that Funtik reveals to the audience that Belladonna forced him to deceive them, took all their money, and urges them to boycott the goods from her store.
Circus performers manage to escape again from Belladonna. In the end, Funtik sadly tells Uncle Mokus that he is sorry to leave this city, but he consoles him, saying that they will return here.
- 1989 - Main prize at the Beijing International Film Festival of Children's Television Programs (PRC).
- The Elusive Funtik (1986)
- Funtik and detectives (1986)
- Funtik and an old woman with a mustache (1987)
- Funtik in the circus (1988)
In 2010, filming of as many as 52 episodes was reported, three of which were called:
- Funtik almost caught
- Funtik and the Pirate
- Pirate and Jaco: Good Deed  
Unlike the old version, the new series were shot in three-dimensional doll-by-frame animation. Almost all the original cast took part in the voice acting. However, at the moment, there is no information that the new series will be or will be presented for wide display. According to Komsomolskaya Pravda, a private screening of the aforementioned three episodes took place in December 2010 at Soyuzmultfilm.
- Funtik is a “gold-bearing piglet” and the protagonist of tetralogy. I escaped from Mrs. Belladonna, as she forced him to deceive passers-by, asking them for money "for houses for homeless piglets." I accidentally met Uncle Mokus and Bambino in the forest and began to travel with them in order to please the children in funny circus performances. Favorite phrase: “Honestly, honestly ?!”.
- Uncle Focus Mokus is an itinerant clown and magician , romantic and compassionate, but careful and smart. He loves and knows how to show tricks, but does not tolerate deceivers.
- Bambino is Uncle Mokus’s hand monkey, as well as his driver and assistant. Loves to compose couplets . Bambino became Funtik's best friend.
- Chocolate is a hippopotamus living in a swamp where the police drove him out of the city at the request of Belladonna. Previously sold balloons . Having met Uncle Mokus and his companions, he decides to join them in order to act as a strong man in the circus arena.
- Ms. Beladonna is the main antagonist of tetralogy. An elderly lady who made a millionaire fortune from the Tear of a Child store, a former owner of Funtika. After the disappearance of the pig at the beginning of the cartoon, it is exclusively engaged in its search and capture, which it succeeds to some extent, but not for long. Sly, insidious, rude, but especially among the nasty character is distinguished by greed, dishonesty and cynicism. Foxtrot also crouches in front of Belladonna, since she is on a friendly footing with his general.
- Pincher Sr. is the best detective with a diploma, fat and low. Reports to Foxtrot.
- Dober Jr. is the best detective without a diploma, thin and lanky. Also reports to Foxtrot.
- Foxtrot is the chief of police. Holds a post in a balloon . Reported to Belladonna, afraid of her general.
- Durillo is the owner of the Three Roads hotel and an old friend of Belladonna. Avaricious and mean. Served in front of Belladonna, possibly counting on a reward .
In the original play was the character of Triolin, a servant girl who served Durillo and later escaped with the circus performers. Although Triolin did not fall into the cartoon adaptation, but it is present in the novelization of Shulzhik. In turn, the chief of police Foxtrot in the play appears only at the very end and in the part that is not present in the plot of the cartoon adaptation.
- Director - Anatoly Solin
- Screenwriters: Yuri Sidorov , Valery Shulzhik
- Set Designer - Inna Pshenichnaya
- Operator - Ernst Gaman
- Composer - Vladimir Lvovsky
- Roles voiced:
- Zoya Pylnova - Pig Funtik (series 1-4), Bambino (series 3)
- Elena Simonova - Pig Funtik (series 5-7)
- Armen Dzhigarkhanyan - Uncle Mokus
- Irina Muravyova - Bambino
- Olga Aroseva - Mrs. Belladonna (vocals of Raisa Mukhametshin )
- Spartak Mishulin - detective Pincher
- Yuri Volintsev - detective Dober
- Anatoly Barantsev - Foxtrot (series 1-4)
- Igor Silverstov - Foxtrot (series 5-7)
- George Burkov - Hippo Chocolate
- Boris Runge - Durillo
- Animation artists: Svetlana Sichkar , Andrey Kolkov, Alexander Elizarov, Vladimir Sporykhin, Irina Gundyreva
- Sound engineer - Sergey Kel
- Editors: Lyudmila Ruban, Galina Drobinina, Svetlana Simukhina
- Editor - Lyubov Stefanova
- Director - Lidia Varentsova
The series was shot on the basis of the two-act play "The Fourth Piglet . " Almost all the replicas in the cartoons are taken from the play, but their context and the circumstances in which they are spoken differ in places. The first three episodes cover the first act of the play and only the last refers to the second act, but about half of the second act (including the ending of the play) was left overs. In the play, many characters also sing songs, but only the song of Belladonna from the third series was taken directly from the play (but the text was shortened), while the rest of the songs in the cartoon were written specifically for the latter.
In 2004-2005, Valery Shulzhik published five children's books about the adventures of Funtik in the publishing house “ Drofa ” - “Elusive Funtik”, “Funtik and the old woman with a mustache”, “Funtik almost got caught”, “Funtik and the pirate” and “Funtik in the circus” . The first three relate to the cartoon (the first book combines the first two episodes, the fifth, contrary to the title, is not based on the fourth episode of the same name), the last two are new plots. The illustrators of the books were Inna Pshenichnaya (who was a cartoon artist) and Anatoly Solin (who was the director of the series).
- Belladonna’s pants on the straps in the series “Funtik and the Old Lady with a Mustache” constantly change color from red to blue and vice versa. Also in this series Belladonna’s bag hangs either end to the wall, or in parallel.
- Detectives Dober and Pincher are like rogues from the cartoon "Kid and Carlson".
- Piglet Funtik teaches letters (11/05/2008)
- Piggy Funtik: road adventure (03/11/2009)
- Piglet Funtik: entertaining mathematics (08.28.2008)
- Piggy Funtik: new adventures (02.25.2009)
- Pig Funtik: rescue Funtik (02.25.2009)
- Main Prize at the IFF
- "The Adventures of Pig Funtika" on " Animator.ru "
- The Elusive Funtick on the Internet Movie Database
- Funtik and Detectives on the Internet Movie Database
- Funtik and the Old Woman with a Mustache (English) on the Internet Movie Database
- Funt Circus on the Internet Movie Database
- Creative Association "SCREEN"