Eileen Heckart ( born Eileen Heckart , March 29, 1919 - December 31, 2001) - American actress, winner of the Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role (1973).
|Date of Birth|
|Place of Birth|
|Date of death|
|A place of death|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Filmography
- 3 Awards
- 4 notes
- 5 Links
Anna Eileen Heckart ( born Anna Eileen Heckart ) was born in the city of Columbus in Ohio in an Irish family. There she graduated from Ohio State University with a degree in drama. She began her career on Broadway as an assistant director and understudy in the production of The Voice of the Turtle in 1943.
This was followed by a series of Broadway plays, and later work on television and in the movies. In 1973, she received the Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role in the movie Butterflies Free. Later, the actress worked mainly on television, appearing in the television series “Streets of San Francisco”, “ Lou Grant ”, “Tales of the Dark Side” and “Way to Heaven”. Her roles on the big screen were rare, and represented only by secondary characters in the films “Secret Place” (1975), “Burnt Offers” (1976) and “Pass of Broken Hearts” (1986). The last time the actress appeared on cinema screens in 1996 was in the comedy Club of the First Wives , where she played the role of the mother of the heroine Diane Keaton . In the next two years, she played small roles in a number of television series, after which she completed her acting career.
In 1944, the actress married John Harrison Yanui Ml., With whom she lived until his death in 1997. Eileen Heckart died of cancer at her 82-year-old home in Norwalk , Connecticut . Her contribution to the US film industry is marked by a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame .
- 1996 - First Wives Club - Katherine MacDougan
- 1994 - The Last Betrayal - Sarah McNeill
- 1986 - Broken Heart Pass - Mary
- 1986 - Capture Day - Woman at a funeral
- 1979 - Gin Sorrows - Rosemary (TV)
- 1978 - Sudden Love - Mrs. Malloy (TV)
- 1976 - Burnt Offerings - Rose Allardyce
- 1975 - Hidden Place - Katie
- 1972 - Butterflies Free - Mrs. Baker
- 1968 - Lady is not treated like that - Mrs. Brammel
- 1967 - Up the stairs leading down - Henrietta Pastorfield
- 1960 - Devil in pink leotard - Mrs. Lona Hattaway
- 1958 - Hot Season - Alma's Girlfriend
- 1957 - Evil Blood - Hortens Dagel
- 1956 - Bus stop - Vera
- 1956 - Someone up there loves me - Barbella
- Golden Globe 1957 - Best Supporting Actress ( Bad Blood )
- Oscar 1973 - Best Supporting Actress (Butterflies Free)
- Emmy 1994 - “Best Guest Actress in a Comedy Series” (Love and War)
- Tony 2000 - The Lifetime Achievement Award.