Sven Nordqvist ( Swede. Sven Nordqvist ; born April 30, 1946 ) is a Swedish children's writer and illustrator. Known primarily for his series about Petson and his kitten Findus . Married, has two adult sons.
|Date of Birth|
|Place of Birth|
Born in 1946 in the south of Sweden , in Skån in the city of Helsingborg . He spent his youth in Halmstad. From the age of 15, he wanted to become an artist and several times unsuccessfully tried to enter various art institutions. In the end, he had to study architecture at a higher technical school in the city of Lund , where he then lectured on architecture for some time. At the same time, he worked as an illustrator in an advertising company in Halmstad, designed posters and books.
Finally, in 1983, he took part in the competition for the best children's illustration for the book, which was conducted by the publishing house "Opal". To do this, he wrote his own book (the tale "Agathon Eman and the Alphabet") and illustrating it, took first place. The following year, this tale was published as a separate book. Since then, he began to work only as an author and artist of children's books.
In 1984, his book “Birthday Cake” was published, the first in the famous series about the old farmer Petson and his smart kitten Findus. Thanks to this series, in which 8 more books were subsequently published, he became famous first in his homeland and then in Europe, especially in Germany, where his characters are known as Pettersson and Findus. In Denmark, their names are Peddersen and Findus, and in many English translations they are Festus and Mercury (although there are translations with the original names as well).
Films and cartoons were created from books about Findus and Petson, and a computer game was created.
In addition to books about Petson and Findus, Nurdkvist is also known as an illustrator and co-author of a series of fairy tales about the adventures of Mom My and her friend Raven, the Swedish writers Juji and Thomas Wieslander.
In 2007, he received the August Literature Prize , in the children's book category, for his book Var är min syster ?.
In 2005-2009, many of Nurdkvist’s books were translated into Russian and published in Russia.
- Nurdqvist C. Agaton Eman and the alphabet = Agaton Öman och alfabetet. - 1982.
- Nurdqvist C. Birthday Cake = Pannkakstårtan. - M .: Open World, 1984/2007. - 24 p. - (About Petson and Findus). - 5,000 copies. - ISBN 978-5-9743-0078-3 .
- Nurdqvist C. Minus och stora världen. - 1985.
- Nurdkvist C. Julgröten. - 1986.
- Nurdqvist C. Fox Hunt = Rävjakten. - M .: Open World, 1986/2006. - 28 p. - (About Petson and Findus). - 5,000 copies. - ISBN 5-9743-0025-4 .
- Nurdqvist C. Hattjakten. - 1987.
- Nurdkvist C. Petson is sad = Stackars Pettson. - M .: Open World, 1987/2007. - 28 p. - (About Petson and Findus). - 5,000 copies. - ISBN 978-5-9743-0064-6 .
- Nurdqvist C. Nasse hittar en stol. - 1988. - (Nasse-serien).
- Nurdkvist C. Christmas at Petson’s House = Pettson får julbesök. - M .: Open World, 1988/2007. - 24 p. - (About Petson and Findus). - 5,000 copies. - ISBN 978-5-9743-0079-0 .
- Nurdkvist C. Trouble in the garden = Kackel i grönsakslandet. - M .: Open World, 1990/2007. - 28 p. - (About Petson and Findus). - 5,000 copies. - ISBN 978-5-9743-0066-0 .
- Nurdkvist C. Nasses taxi. - 1991. - (Nasse-serien).
- Nurdqvist C. Petson goes camping = Pettson tältar. - M .: Open World, 1992/2006. - 28 p. - (About Petson and Findus). - 5,000 copies. - ISBN 5-9743-0027-0 .
- Nurdkvist C. Mechanical Santa Claus = Tomtemaskinen. - M .: Open World, 1994/2008. - 148 p. - (About Petson and Findus). - 8000 copies. - ISBN 978-5-9743-0129-2 .
- Nurdkvist C. Stranger in the garden = Tuppens minut. - M .: Open World, 1996/2008. - 28 p. - (About Petson and Findus). - 5,000 copies. - ISBN 978-5-9743-0057-8 .
- Nurdqvist C. The story of how Findus got lost when he was small = När Findus var liten och försvann. - M .: Open World, 2001/2008. - 24 p. - (About Petson and Findus). - 5,000 copies. - ISBN 978-5-9743-0101-8 .
- Nurdkvist C. Pettsons och Findus kokbok. - 2004. - (About Petson and Findus).
- Nurdkvist C. Var är min syster? - 2007.
- Nurdkvist S. “Findus Moves” - Publisher: Belaya Vorona - 2014— ISBN 978-5-906640-08-6
- Juja and Thomas Wislander, Nurdkvist S. Mama Mu and Raven = Mamma Mu och krakan.
- Juja and Thomas Wislander, Nurdqvist S. Mama Mu on a sled = Mamma Mu Stadar.
- Eva-Lena Larson, Kennert Danielson, Nurdkvist C. Finduz Crafts = Pyssla med Findus. - M .: Open World, 2009 .-- 64 p. - (About Petson and Findus). - 7000 copies. - ISBN 978-5-9743-0154-4 .
- Eva-Lena Larson and Kennert Danielson. Crafts of Findus (Pyssla med Findus)
- Petson and Findus website (Swedish)
- Books about Petson and Findus on the website of the Open World Publishing House (inaccessible link)
- Interview with Sven Nurdkvist on Snob.ru (04/07/10) (Russian)