In Cameroon, the Greeks appeared long ago, and there has always been a significant Greek community. As early as 1958, the first diocese in West Africa was opened. The Greeks built Orthodox churches here in Yaounde , the capital of the country, and in Douala , the country's main port. Prior to the arrival of Metropolitan Irenaeus (from 1977 he became the Metropolitan of Cameroon and West African), there were no Orthodox from the local residents. Gradually, however, Cameroonians became interested in Orthodoxy, and Vladyka invited some to serve. So the first Orthodox Cameroonians appeared.
Orthodoxy also appeared in the northeast of the country, on the border with Chad . Here workers from the local population, who worked on the plantations of the Greeks, accepted Orthodoxy. These people belonged to the Tuburi tribe, now there are 8 Orthodox parishes on this territory.
Cameroonian metropolis also includes countries: Chad, Guinea , Gabon . From 1997 to 2002 The current Patriarch of Alexandria and All Africa, Theodore II, was the metropolitan of Cameroon and West Africa. Before him, he worked from 1990 to 1991 and from 1994 to 1997. late patriarch Peter VII.
Both hierarchs are known for their enormous contribution to the Orthodox mission.
A seminary was opened in Yaounde for the French-speaking Orthodox.
The number of Orthodox in Cameroon is 0.2% of the population (about 40 thousand people)  .
- Orthodoxy in Africa
- Nebolsin E. Cameroon // Orthodox Encyclopedia . - M .: Church Research Center "Orthodox Encyclopedia" , 2012. - T. XXX. - pp. 52-61. - 752 s. - 39 000 copies - ISBN 978-5-89572-031-8 .
- Walk in the desert of Cameroon // Orthodoxy and Peace