Kozyrevsk - a village (in 1958-2004  - an urban-type village ) in the Ust-Kamchatsky district of the Kamchatka Territory of Russia , the administrative center of Kozyrevsky rural settlement .
|Subject of the federation||Kamchatka Krai|
|History and Geography|
|Center height||35 m|
|Timezone||UTC + 12|
|Population||↘ 1241  people ( 2010 )|
|Telephone code||+7 41534|
Kozyrevsk is located in the Kamchatka river valley 492 kilometers north of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky , 247 kilometers west of the regional center, the village of Ust-Kamchatsk . Near the village is the mouth of the Kreruk River.
The first settlements in the area of modern Kozyrevsk appeared in ancient times. This area attracted settlers with an abundance of fish and game.
The village itself dates back to a small settlement of the Itelmen native inhabitants of Kamchatka , which arose at the beginning of the 18th century . Soon after its founding, it received its modern name in honor of the researcher of Kamchatka, Ivan Kozyrevsky . At the same time, a small river flowing near the village began to be called Kozyrevka  .
In the future, the village repeatedly changed its location. In the middle of the 18th century, it was moved to the mouth of the Kozyrevka River for more convenient transport links with other settlements. Buildings in the village were often transferred after the spills of the Kamchatka River  .
In 1958, Kozyrevsk received the status of an urban-type settlement ; in 2004, it was again transformed into a rural settlement  .
|1876||1888||1891||1926 ||1959 ||1970 ||1979 |
|78||↘ 67||↘ 64||↗ 141||↗ 4230||↘ 2822||↘ 2309|
|1989 ||2002 ||2010 |
|↘ 2295||↘ 1531||↘ 1241|
According to the All-Russian population census in 2002, 1,531 residents lived in Kozyrevsk, of which 774 were men, 757 were women; per 100 women, 102 were men.
- The average annual temperature is −3.4 ° C
- Relative humidity - 81.0%
- Average wind speed - 4.1 m / s
|Average temperature, ° C||−18.4||−17||−12.9||−6.7||−0.4||8.9||13.0||11,4||6.1||−0.1||−9.5||−16.3||−3.4|
|Source: NASA. RETScreen Database|
It is worth noting the fact that at the end of July 2016 the highest temperature in Russia at that time was recorded (35.4 ° C)
In December 2012, a fire department was opened in the village 
- Kozyrevsky timber industry farm, which at one time was the first timber industry farm in Kamchatka.
Kozyrevsk is connected by road with the regional and district centers.
There used to be an airport in the village, flights were made to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.
Tourism and recreation
Kozyrevsk is a starting point for tourists traveling to the Tolbachik volcano and other volcanoes.
- Summary of the 2010 All-Russian Population Census. The population of urban districts, municipalities, urban and rural settlements, urban and rural settlements
- Law of the Kamchatka Region dated April 26, 2004 No. 169
- DOT ON THE MAP. KOZYREVSK unopened (inaccessible link) . Date of treatment August 25, 2019. Archived July 18, 2003.
- List of populated areas of the Far Eastern Territory: based on the materials of the All-Union Population Census of December 17, 1926 and the Subpolar Census of 1926-27. . - Far East. regional stat. Dep .. - Khabarovsk, Blagoveshchensk: Dalkrailite, 1929. - P. 208. - 229,  p. - 500 copies.
- 1959 All-Union Census. The number of urban population of the RSFSR, its territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender . Demoscope Weekly. Date of treatment September 25, 2013. Archived on April 28, 2013.
- 1970 All-Union Population Census. The number of urban population of the RSFSR, its territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender. . Demoscope Weekly. Date of treatment September 25, 2013. Archived on April 28, 2013.
- 1979 All-Union Population Census. The number of urban population of the RSFSR, its territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender. . Demoscope Weekly. Date of treatment September 25, 2013. Archived on April 28, 2013.
- 1989 All-Union Population Census. The urban population . Archived on August 22, 2011.
- 2002 All-Russian Population Census. Tom. 1, table 4. The population of Russia, federal districts, constituent entities of the Russian Federation, regions, urban settlements, rural settlements - district centers and rural settlements with a population of 3 thousand or more . Archived February 3, 2012.
- In Kamchatka, in the village of Kozyrevsk, a new fire department was opened . kamchat.info. Date of treatment August 25, 2019.
- Map sheet O-57-XXXIV Kozyrevsk (fragment 80%) . Scale: 1: 200 000. Terrain condition for 1972 -... year. Edition ... the city is not signed on the map, located on the right bank of Kamchatka
- Kozyrevsk // Great Soviet Encyclopedia : [in 30 vol.] / Ch. ed. A.M. Prokhorov . - 3rd ed. - M .: Soviet Encyclopedia, 1969-1978.
- Kozyrevsk (Unofficial site)