The Small North Caucasus Railway named after V.V. Tereshkova is a children's railway in the city of Vladikavkaz , North Ossetia , Russia . Located in the southern part of the city on the left bank of the Terek River in the area of the city water station. The road has the shape of an irregular ring with one station and two stopping points . The length of the main path (ring) is 2 km, the total length of all paths is 2.2 km. Track gauge 750 mm . There are four turnouts , three unguarded crossings . The road is equipped with semi-automatic blocking on the stages and electric centralization at the station. Train radio is used .
|Small North Caucasian Railway named after V.V. Tereshkova|
|Number of stations||3|
|opening date||October 30, 1967|
|Artificial constructions||Locomotive depot, bridge over the duct|
On June 2-3, 1936, at a meeting of the Bureau of the North Ossetian Regional Committee of the CPSU (B.) , A decision was made to build a children's railway in the city. The route of the future road was supposed to go from the infantry school along the Georgian Military Highway to the village of Redant. Two old narrow-gauge tram cars were transferred from the tram depot to the balance of the children's railway. However, the construction of the road has not begun  .
Building and opening a movement
On October 3, 1966, by a decision of the Executive Committee of the Ordzhonikidze City Council of Workers' Deputies, the project of building a children's railway on the southern outskirts of the city was approved.
On October 5, 1966, the first female cosmonaut Valentina Tereshkova , who was in the city at the Congress of Women of the North Ossetian Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic, drove the first crutch into the canvas of the future railway  . Construction of the railway began.
The road was built at an accelerated pace in one year and inaugurated on October 30, 1967  . Regular movement and passenger service began on May 2, 1968 .
Since its construction, the children's railway has been subordinate to the Ordzhonikidze management of the tram . On February 1, 1977, the children's road was transferred to the balance of the North Caucasian Railway  .
Stations and Structures
- Station Eternal Flame - the main station of the children's railway. Located in the northwestern part of the Railway near the obelisk with the Eternal Flame . There are two ways, two passenger platforms , an EC post .
- Pionerskaya platform - located in the southern part of the railway near the city water station. Until the early 1990s, it was considered the main passenger station and was called Pionerskaya. Located in a curve. The passenger platform is located on the outside of the ring. Earlier on the platform was a pavilion with a ticket office.
- Solar platform (inactive) - located in the eastern part of the railway. The passenger platform is located on the outside of the ring.
- Locomotive-wagon depot - located on the inner side of the ring of the Russian Railways in the same complex as the Eternal Fire Station. The depot has two tracks and a viewing ditch for technical inspection of the locomotive . Also in the building of the depot are the administration of the Railways, training classes for young railway workers, a boiler room .
- Bridge over the channel - located in the eastern part of the railway between the platforms Water Station and Camp.
Initially, the rolling stock of the children's railway consisted of a diesel locomotive TU2-056  and six Pafawag passenger cars . Passenger cars had their own names: "Pioneer", "Kazbek", "Cosmos", "Eaglet". Since 1977, the entire train began to be called "Ossetia" - after the name of the fast train "Moscow - Ordzhonikidze."
In the early 1980s, it was planned to equip the road with a Gr-329 steam locomotive . The steam locomotive was delivered to Ordzhonikidze station , but it didn’t reach the children's railway.
In 1989, a new diesel locomotive TU7 A-2991  arrived at the DZhD.
In the fall of 2011, the fleet of the road was replenished with a new diesel locomotive TU10 -009 and three VP750 passenger cars.
Currently, the rolling stock consists of diesel locomotives TU2-056, TU7A-2991, TU10-009, four Pafawag wagons and three VP750 wagons.
Schedule and Features
The children's railway serves passengers from May to October. Passengers land at the Eternal Flame station. The movement of trains is carried out in a ring counterclockwise. Travel time is 15 minutes.
The children's railway is located in the southern part of the city in the vicinity of the water station. Near the railway station there is a zoo , a station for young naturalists and an obelisk with the Eternal Flame.
Address: 362007, North Ossetia-Al, Vladikavkaz, Costa Avenue , 30.
Tel .: (8672) 75-85-24
Travel by trams No. 5, 9 to the stop "V. Tereshkova Railway Station".
- Sutyagin D.V. Our children's railways. In 3 volumes. Volume 1. - M: Railway business, 2008 - S. 448 - ISBN 5935740311
- Donchenko A.P., Tautiev K.U. Connecting time. Electric transport of Vladikavkaz: the first was a tram. - Vladikavkaz: Attribute, 2010 - S. 288 - ISBN 978-5-904556-02-0