Amifaon (Amitaon, Dr. Greek Ἀμυθάων ) is a character in ancient Greek mythology . In Mycenaean texts, the name a-mu-ta-wo (Amifaon, "silent") is found  .
|Brothers and sisters||and|
The son of Krefey and Tyro  . He lived in Pylos, married Idomene (or Aglaya  ), the sons of Biant and Melampod . Daughter of Aeolius, wife of Calydon  . Perimel's daughter, the wife of Antion  .
Argonaut  . Arranged the Olympic Games  .
- Lubker F. Melampus // The Real Dictionary of Classical Antiquities by Lubker
- Subject-conceptual dictionary of the Greek language. Mycenaean period. L., 1986. P.93, A. Molchanov, V. P. Neroznak, S. Ya. Sharypkin. Monuments of the most ancient Greek writing. M., 1988. S. 82
- Homer. Odyssey XI 259
- Diodorus of Sicily. Historical Library IV 68, 3
- Pseudo-Apollodorus. Mythological library I 7, 7 on
- Diodorus of Sicily. Historical Library IV 69, 3
- Pindar. Pythian Songs IV 126
- Pausanias. Description of Hellas V 8, 2