Plisfen ( dr. Greek Πλεισθένης ) is a character of ancient Greek mythology  , found in versions of the genealogy of the kings of Argos. Son of Atreus . The husband of Cleolla, daughter of Diantes (or Aeropa , daughter of Catrea ). Father of Agamemnon and Menelaus  . He died young, and his sons were raised by his grandfather Atreus (according to Hesiod and Aeschylus  ).
Stesichore mentions the "Plisphen family"  . However, Aeschylus Agamemnon is the son of Atreus  . Mentioned at Bacchilides  .
Plisfen bears the same name the son of Fiesta and Aeropa  , raised by Fiesta as his own. Fiesta sent him to kill Atreus, but Atreus killed him, thinking that it was the son of Fiesta  . The protagonist of the tragedy of Euripides "Plisfen."
Seneca Plisfen has the son of Fiesta, killed by Atreus  .
- Myths of the peoples of the world. M., 1991-92. In 2 t. T. 2. S.317; Pseudo-Apollodorus. Mythological library III 2, 2
- Ivic. Encomy Policrates, Art. 22
- Hesiod. The list of women, fr. 194 M.-U.
- Stesichore. Oresteia, fr. 219 Page; Aeschylus. Agamemnon 1569
- Aeschylus. Agamemnon 1583
- Bacchilides. Dithyrambs XV 18
- Gigin. Myths 246
- Gigin. Myths 86; 88
- Seneca. Fiesta 726