Girneft (Girneto, dr. Greek. Ὑρνηθώ ) - a character in ancient Greek mythology. Daughter of Temen , king of Argos. Deiphont's wife. After the murder of her father, the army decided to transfer to them royal power  Cenotaph in Argos  .
According to others, she began to rule with her husband in Epidaurus. The brothers Girnefo Kerin and Falk tried to kidnap her from Epidaurus, taking her away in a chariot. Deiphonus rushed to rescue her, killed Kerin and entered the fight against the Falk . Falk dragged her along, and she died since she was pregnant. She was buried in Epidaurus, setting up the sanctuary of Girnefion  .
The plot is mentioned by the poet Dioscorides  . In Argos there was a fila girnafiev  .
- See Kurilov A.G. Tradition about the Argos princess of the era of the Dark Ages // Bulletin of St. Petersburg State University . Series 2. 2000. Issue. 1 (No. 2). S.104-109.
- Pseudo-Apollodor. Mythological library II 8, 5
- Pausanias. Description of Hellas II 23, 3
- Pausanias. Description of Hellas II 28, 4-6
- Dioscorides. Epigram 36 Paige
- Commentary by L. D. Bondar, A. G. Kurilov in the book. Polyan. Strategies. St. Petersburg, 2002. S.367; Nagy G. Greek mythology and poetics. M., 2002. S. 362, according to the inscriptions