Li Qingyun ( Chinese trad. 李清雲 , pinyin : Lǐ Qīngyún , pall .: Li Qingyun , d. 1933) is an unverified Chinese super-long-lived   .
|Date of Birth|
|Place of Birth|
|Date of death|
|Place of death|
Since there are no documented sources about the birth of Li Qingyun in 1677 or 1736 , his age is 250–256 years old at the time of his death in 1928  or 1933  and is considered a hoax  . Gerontologists tend to consider allegations of such a long life as a myth  .
Li Qingyun spent the bulk of his life in the mountains, where he practiced qigong  . As a herbalist , he collected and sold solanaceous , ginseng , fallopian , centella , other Chinese herbs, as well as tinder fungi , living on a diet of these components and rice  .
As a child, Li lived in Sichuan , and from the age of ten years traveled to Gansu , Shanxi , Tibet , Vietnam , Thailand, and Manchuria for a century, where he collected herbs, after which he began to prepare components collected by other herbalists  .
In 1749 , at the age of 71-72, Li moved to Kaizhou , where he joined the Chinese army as a martial arts teacher and military adviser.  In 1927, after 178 years, Lee arrived at Nationalist General Yan Sen in Wanzhou , where a photograph was taken in which Li was holding a medicinal root  .
The Chinese field commander Wu Peifu took the old man to his house to find out the secret of his long life, which has been going on for 250 years   .
Li Qingyun died a non-violent death on May 6, 1933 in Kaizhou, he was survived by a 60-year-old wife, 24th in a row   . During his life, Lee left more than 200 descendants   . According to other sources, he had 180 descendants, more than eleven generations living at the time of his death, and 14 marriages   . With a possible date of birth in 1677, Lee's age at the time of death was 256 years  .
After the death of Li Qingyun, General Yan Sen published a report on him, “True Information about a 250-year-old happy man,” published in Taipei  .
Versions on the reasons for his longevity
According to legend, when asked about the secret of his longevity, Li Qingyun said: "Keep your heart quieter, sit like a tortoise, go wide awake like a dove and sleep like a dog"  .
An October 1929 Florida article in October 1929 claims that Lee consumed medicinal mountain plants all his life that prevented old age  .
According to more realistic versions, his age at the time of death was much less, and he lived a long, but not two hundred year life.
- is an Indian yogi who, according to some sources, has lived 280 years.
- Jiroemon Kimura is the oldest man whose age is confirmed.
- 史上 第一 長壽！ 256 歲 的 李青雲 長壽 秘訣 只有 一個 字
- 256 歲 娶 24 妻 李慶 遠 長壽 秘訣 公開
- Muscle / Tendon Changing and Marrow / Brain Washing Chi Kung: The Secret of Youth
- Li Ching-Yuen: 256-Year-Old Man?
- Typologies of Extreme Longevity Myths
- “The healing herbs: the ultimate guide to the curative power of nature's medicines” (1991), p. 206. ISBN 978-0-87857-934-1 .
- LI CHING-YUN DEAD . The New York Times. May 6, 1933.
- Meet The 256 YEAR OLD Man With 24 Wives & 200 Descendants
- Harris, Timothy (2009). "Living to 100 and Beyond." ACTEX Publications. p. 70. ISBN 978-1-56698-699-1 .
- Living forever . The Evening Independent, 12 October 1929.
- The 250 year-old Good-luck-man ... ..
- Article "Turtle-Dove-Dog" from Time magazine on May 15, 1933.