IntelliCAD Technology Consortium (ITC) is an international organization (consortium) uniting CAD developers. The organization's goal is to develop and support a DWG- compatible IntelliCAD software platform. The consortium members “build up” and adapt the platform, as well as promote the system under their own brands. IntelliCAD CAD is built on the DWGdirect software library developed by the non-profit organization Open Design Alliance ( IntelliCAD Technology Consortium is one of the founding member of this organization).
Features of the IntelliCAD platform:
- The main “working” format of IntelliCAD files is DWG .
- The interface of IntelliCAD- based systems is very similar to the AutoCAD interface
- IntelliCAD customization tools are compatible with similar AutoCAD tools.
Products developed on the basis of IntelliCAD : AcceliCAD , BricsCAD , CADian , CADopia , IntelliDesk , ProgeCAD , ZwCAD and many others.
- 1997 year
Visio Corporation buys Boomerang Technology , an unofficial developer of AutoCAD-compatible software. The IntelliCAD project codenamed “Phoenix” appears. In November 1997 , the first beta version appears .
- 1998 year
In February 1998 , Visio Corporation and several other companies, with the aim of promoting the DWG format as an open format for exchanging data between various CAD systems , form the non-profit organization OpenDWG Alliance .
In April 1998 , Visio Corporation released the first version of IntelliCAD - IntelliCAD 98 . The system implemented full support for the DWG format and high-level compatibility with AutoLISP and AutoCAD commands. IntelliCAD 98 also implemented a multi-document interface and the ability to create macros using VBA ( AutoCAD did not have such capabilities at that time). However, IntelliCAD 98 was not fully compatible with AutoCAD . There was no possibility of solid modeling and working with True-type fonts.
- 1999 year
Visio Corporation establishes IntelliCAD Technology Consortium and opens the program source code for commercial participants. A beta version of IntelliCAD 99 Beta has been released specifically for this purpose.
In September 1999 , Microsoft announced the acquisition of Visio Corporation . IntelliCAD Technology Consortium was no longer owned by Visio Corporation , so the sale of the parent company to IntelliCAD was practically not reflected.
- 2000 year
IntelliCAD Technology Consortium Launches Its First Product: IntelliCAD 2000 , Which Improves AutoCAD Compatibility
- 2008 year
IntelliCAD Technology Consortium has over 30 members. IntelliCAD- based products are available in many countries around the world.
Participation in IntelliCAD Technology Consortium
There are two types of participation in the consortium:
Commercial members of the consortium have access to the source code of the platform, can influence the development process of IntelliCAD , adapt and “build” the system at their discretion, and also have a license to sell an unlimited number of copies of IntelliCAD .
Commercial participation costs $ 25,000 per year (at the beginning of 2008 )
API participants do not have access to the source code of the platform and do not have a license to sell IntelliCAD . They must purchase the product from one of the commercial participants. Otherwise, the capabilities of API members are similar to those of commercial participants.
API membership costs $ 4000 per year (at the beginning of 2008 )
IntelliCAD Technology Consortium Members
- 4M SA - Greece
- ADeko Group Bilisim - Turkey
- Alpine Engineered Products , Inc. - USA
- Autodsys , Inc - USA
- Beijing EXTECH Technology Co., Ltd - China
- BlueLinx Corporation - USA
- CAD MEXICO - Mexico
- CAD-Manufacturing Solutions (CMS) - USA
- CADian - Republic of Korea
- CADopia Inc. - USA
- Cad.Able Srl - Italy
- Carlson Software Inc. - USA
- Collegi Arquitectes de Catalunya - Spain
- Data Prompt Technologies (DP Tech) - France
- Dimension4 - USA
- GZ Yuan Fang Computer Software Engineering Co. Ltd - China
- GreatStar Software - China
- iComS - Brazil
- INTERsoft - Poland
- Infrasoft - Russia
- Inmolevante sa - Spain
- IntelliJapan - Japan
- LEADTECH SYSTEMS , INC. - Philippines
- mc4software Italia srl— Italy
- MicroSurvey Software Inc. - Canada
- ProgeSOFT - Italy
- R & C / Task - Brazil
- SIACAD Pte Ltd. - Singapore
- SolidWorks Corporation - USA
- Stabiplan International BV - Netherlands
- The CAD Academy - USA
- VHSoft Technologies Co., Ltd. - Hong Kong , China
- Wuhan Yao Chuang Software - China
- Z-Byte Co., Ltd. Thailand
- ZwCAD Software Co., Ltd - China
- DIKON Recognition Systems AB - Sweden
- Runge Ltd - Australia
- Open design alliance