"Takeshis" ( English Takeshis' - a pun based on the English reading of the name Takeshi Kitano and the medical term) is a feature film directed by Takeshi Kitano .
|Genre||comedy / drama|
|In the main|
|Takeshi Kitano |
|Film company||Bandai Visual Co. Ltd. |
Tokyo FM Broadcasting Co. Ltd.
- 1 plot
- 2 Cast
- 3 Interesting Facts
- 4 References
The film is about the director’s dissociative personality disorder, about personality split . About Bita- brunet and Takeshi- blond , about their relationship, about dreams and how people live with them.
Brunet Kitano is a television star of gangster series, traveling with a young assistant-lover on Rolls-Royce. Blond Kitano is a salesman in a small shop of all sorts of small things, a loser hopelessly coming to TV auditions. Everyone has a dream about himself and the other Kitano.
Dreams mix with each other in a chaotic extravaganza, images are repeated and collide. Kitano real cites his own films, recalls his clown television shows, he is tormented by obsessive images that haunt the stereotypes of the yakuza image. The director’s experiences on the topics of his perception by the environment are expressed by the very random redundancy of shooting with which the mass consciousness associates his name and image.
- Takeshi Kitano - Beat Takeshi / Mr. Kitano
- Kotomi Kyo - Beat Takeshi's girlfriend / Mr. Kitano's roommate
- Ren Osugi - Beat Takeshi manager / taxi driver
- Kayoko Kishimoto - film screening producer / dresser
- Susumu Teradzima is a friend of Bit Takeshi / Yakuza neighbor of Mr. Kitano
- Tetsu Watanabe - Chef / Job Seeker
- Kanji Tsuda - tap dance
- Tadanobu Asano - Tap Dance
- Tahiti Saotome - a boy with a ball
- The film was a surprise film of the Venice Film Festival in 2005.
- Director comment:
It bothers me that I myself - this is the movie. In addition, I'm not a “cool” guy at all, not my own on the board, not fashionable. They asked me: “Have you become a blonde to seem fashionable?” And I replied: “To seem crazy.”
- Takeshis (jap. ) - The official site of the movie Takeshis