A cable car in Kharkiv is a walking and transport system connecting Sumskaya Street (near the Park cinema and the FED plant) with Pavlovo Pole microdistrict through the Gorky Park. Gorky and Sarzhin Yar .
Commissioned in 1971 . Supports - 18, two-seater passenger cabins with a carrying capacity of 180 kg - 124, including service.
The length of the route from the Gorpark station (behind the Park cinema, next to the children's railway station , from which, from 2012, has been separated by a park fence) to Pavlovo Pole station (interface of Otakar Yarosh street, 23 August and Balakirev, source area) - 1387 m .
The one way route is 18 minutes, during which the passenger rises to a height of 8 to 26 meters above the ground, offering a picturesque view of the green massifs of Gorky Park and Lesopark (currently thinned out by an elite settlement and laid through a winding territory alienated from the park the highway over which the route passes), Shatilovka and Pavlovo Pole.
One-way fare as of May 2017 is 30 hryvnia , children up to 110 cm tall are free.
Despite the fact that at present the cable car is mainly used as an attraction, it was designed and initially used as a vehicle: ul. Derevyanko was not yet reached Sokolnikov, and the metro stations on Pavlovo Pole were opened only in 2004 . Thus, the cableway made it possible for HAZ and FED workers to get to the place of work in the shortest time.
In the 1970s, there were monthly tickets for the cable car.
The building of the Pavlovo Pole landing station (architect I. Ye. Popov) is decorated with a mosaic panel of V. Ya. Savenkov .
- In 2006, during the advertising campaign of the Russian-Ukrainian mobile operator Beeline , most of the booths were painted in a yellow-black horizontal strip (the color of the Beeline bee ), and the images of various objects with the corresponding coloring were placed on others. Striped cabins travel until 2009.
- In July 2012, the overhaul of the cableway was overhauled: 3 km of cable was replaced, moving parts were changed, and the cabins were painted and restored. The road resumed work on August 4  .
- The next radical reconstruction took place in spring 2014. For the first time during the existence of the road, the cabins were replaced with new fiberglass made in Dnepropetrovsk , 20% heavier than the previous ones, red, yellow, green and blue  . The Park station was also updated.
- April 1, 2016 on the cable car there was a breakdown. The evacuation of passengers, including those stuck above the swamp, where it was impossible to lift the stairs, lasted about three hours  .
- On September 12, 2016, the Kharkiv cable car was included in the list of the 10 best lifts in the world according to the British newspaper "The Guardian". [four]
- Larisa Chepel. Kharkiv cable car opened after the overhaul . vgorode.ua (August 6, 2012). Archived October 19, 2012.
- A new cable car will start working in May ; The renewed cableway in Gorky Park will open on May 1
- In Kharkov, the cableway broke down: how people were evacuated from the booths over the swamp
- 10 of the world's best cable car rides | Travel | The guardian