Komsomolets Island is the northernmost of the islands of the Severnaya Zemlya archipelago ( Russia ). Located between the Kara Sea and the Laptev Sea . It is separated from the island of the October Revolution by the Strait of the Red Army , and from the island of Pioneer by the Strait of Junior . It occupies the third place in the archipelago and 82nd place on the planet.
|Highest point||781 m|
|Population||0 people (2012)|
|Washed waters||Kara Sea , Laptev Sea|
|The subject of the Russian Federation||Krasnoyarsk region|
The northernmost point of the island is Cape Arctic . Many Arctic expeditions start from it.
The area of the island is 9600 km², the maximum height is 781 m. About 65% of the island is covered with glaciers with inclusions of sand and loam . The largest part of the island is occupied by the largest glacial cover on the archipelago - the glacier of the Academy of Sciences, whose area is 5,900 km², the cover reaches 500 m, and its height above sea level - 749 m. 
The island was first explored and named the expedition of George Ushakov and Nikolai Urvantsev in 1930 - 32 years. The extensive bay of the Laptev Sea off the southeastern coast of the island was named in 1973 as the Krenkel Bay in honor of the polar radio operator who wintered on the Severnaya Zemlya archipelago in 1935-1936. at the polar stations "Cape Olovyanny"  (south-east of the island of the October Revolution ) and "Domashny Island" (in the Sedov Archipelago).
On December 1, 2006, at a regular plenary meeting of the district Duma of the Taimyr Autonomous District, a resolution was adopted according to which it is proposed to return the former name “Land of Emperor Nicholas II” to the Northern Earth Archipelago, as well as rename its islands in honor of the family members of the last emperor . So, the island of Komsomolets proposed to rename the island of St. Mary. 
However, in 2007, with the district entering the structure of the Krasnoyarsk Territory, consideration of this issue at the federal level was suspended. [four]
- Komsomolets // Dictionary of modern place names / Rus. geogr. oh Mosk. Centre; Under total ed. Acad. V.M. Kotlyakov . Institute of Geography RAS . - Yekaterinburg: U-Factory, 2006.
- Map of the October Revolution Island
- Taimyr lawmakers propose to return the original name of the Land of Emperor Nicholas II to the archipelago Severnaya Zemlya - Patriarchy.ru
- Deputies of the AP of the Krasnoyarsk Territory against the renaming of the islands of the Severnaya Zemlya archipelago . REGNUM (05/24/2007). The date of circulation is September 20, 2009. Archived March 10, 2012.
- Map sheet U-45,46,47,48 about. Komsomol member Scale: 1: 1 000 000. The state of the terrain in 1957.
- Sheet maps U-46-XXV, XXVI, XXVII about. Schmidt (North Land) . Scale: 1: 200 000. The state of the area in 1956.
- Map sheet U-46-XXVIII, XXIX, XXX . Molotov (Severnaya Zemlya) . Scale: 1: 200 000. The state of the area in 1956.
- Map sheet U-47-XXV, XXVI, XXVII m. Lokot (Severnaya Zemlya) . Scale: 1: 200 000. The state of the area in 1956.
- Sheet maps U-46-XXXI, XXXII, XXXIII hall. Kovalevskaya . Scale: 1: 200 000. The state of the area in 1988. 1993 edition
- Map sheet U-46-XXXIV, XXXV, XXXVI ice. Separate . Scale: 1: 200 000. The state of the area in 1988. 1993 edition
- Sheet maps U-47-XXXI, XXXII, XXXIII boo. Krenkel . Scale: 1: 200 000. The state of the area in 1988. 1992 edition
From the Cape of the Arctic (the northernmost point of the island) clockwise
- Ldinka Island is a small round island off the northern coast of Komsomolets Island near the Sea Glacier .
- Island Lopastnoy - an elongated shape of an island with a length of 2.6 kilometers, 400 meters from the coast of the island Komsomolets, 5 kilometers south of the mouth of the river Kapriznoy
- Split Island - 600 meters southeast of Lopastniy Island. It is about 1.8 kilometers long.
- Ozerny Island - 2.5 kilometers south-west of Split Island. About 2.3 kilometers long and up to 750 meters wide.
- Clay Island - a small island 500 meters west of the island of Ozerny, about a kilometer in length.
- Chistikov Island is a small island about 700 meters long, 2.2 kilometers east of Komsomolets Island near Cape Bukhteeva.
- The Islands of the Sea are two small islands 2.5 kilometers east of Cape Bukhteeva on the island of Komsomolets.
- Mast Island - A fairly large island 1.4 kilometers south-east of the northern coast of Komsomolets Island, in the area of Cape Obryvistoy . It has an elongated, expanding to the south form with a length of just over 3 kilometers and a width of up to 1.4 kilometers.
- Island Steregushchy - a small island a kilometer southeast of the island of Mast.
- The Diabazovye Islands are two small, 700 and 450 meters long, islands 1.7 kilometers southeast of Cape Obryvistoi , the southeastern tip of Komsomolets Island.
- Sentinel Island - a small island 2 and a few kilometers from the Diabasic Islands.
- Islands Imperceptible - a group of islands off the northern coast of the island of Komsomolets between Cape Last and Cape Obryvisty
- The Limestone Islands are a group of four large islands in the Red Army Strait between Komsomolets Island, the October Revolution and Pioneer Island . The largest of them - Big Limestone is just 500 meters from the coast of the island Komsomolets.
- Buyan Island is a small flat island 500 meters from Cape Open in the south-west of Komsomolets Island. The length of the island is just under a kilometer.
- Turning Island - an elongated island with a length of about 1.5 kilometers. Located 6.8 kilometers south-west of Buyan Island.
- Linear Island - an elongated and very narrow island. Located at the entrance to Klin Bay , 3.5 kilometers north of Cape Lenintsev ( Deserted Peninsula ).
- The island of Merged - is located almost close to the northern part of the island of Linear. It is about 2.4 kilometers in length.
- Island Severe is a rather large island located in the Cone Bay in the western part of Komsomolets Island. It is about 4.7 kilometers long and up to 1.7 kilometers wide.
- Shar Island is a small rounded (hence the name) island 1.3 kilometers south-west of Cape Kuibyshev in the western part of Komsomolets Island.
- Islands of Demian Poor - a group of eight large and several small islands 4 kilometers north-west of the northern coast of the island Komsomolets.
- Lagerniy Island is a small, 1.3 km long island 800 meters from Komsomolets Island near the mouth of the Blizhnaya River .
- The Moraenny Islands are a group of eight large and more than 50 small islands in the Labyrinth Bay in the northwestern part of Komsomolets Island.