The Federal Service for Financial and Budgetary Supervision ( Rosfinnadzor ) is the federal executive body that was abolished in 2016. He performed the functions of control and supervision in the financial and budgetary sphere, the functions of the currency control body, as well as the functions of external quality control of the work of audit organizations and was under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation .
|Federal Service for Financial and Budgetary Supervision|
Flag of Rosfinnadzor
|date of creation||March 9, 2004|
|Date of abolition||February 2, 2016|
|Replaced by||Powers transferred to the Treasury of Russia , the Federal Tax Service of Russia and the Federal Customs Service of Russia|
|The management of the activities||Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation|
|Superior Office||Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation|
|Number of employees||263 (for 2012 ) |
|Head||Smirnov Alexander Vasilyevich|
Since 2016, the service has been abolished  and the authority transferred:
- Federal Treasury - on control and supervision in the financial and budgetary sphere, on external control of the quality of work of auditing organizations;
- The Federal Customs Service and the Federal Tax Service are the functions of the currency control authority.
The service performed the functions of control and supervision in the financial and budgetary sphere and served as a currency control body.
She conducted audits and audits of the legality and effectiveness of the use of federal budget funds, state extrabudgetary funds and material assets that are federal property in Russia and abroad, as well as the implementation of such audits and inspections on the reasoned appeal of the heads of federal law enforcement agencies and federal subjects.
The functions of the service also included measures to prevent, detect and stop violations of legislation in the financial and budgetary sphere, to supervise the implementation of legislation on financial and budgetary control and supervision by the financial control bodies of federal executive authorities , state authorities of the federal subjects and local governments .
The Service monitored the compliance of foreign exchange transactions conducted by residents and non-residents (except credit institutions) for compliance with the law, the terms of licenses and permits, and also for their compliance with the requirements of acts of currency regulation and currency control bodies; together with currency control agents, law enforcement, supervisory bodies of the executive authorities carried out checks on the completeness and accuracy of accounting and reporting on currency transactions, as well as on non-resident transactions carried out in rubles .
The service also had the task of organizing, forming and maintaining a unified information system of control and supervision in the financial and budgetary sphere.
In order to exercise authority in the established sphere of activity, the Rosfinnadzor had the right:
- to carry out in organizations of any form of ownership, received from the inspected organization monetary funds, material values and documents, a comparison of records, documents and data with the corresponding records, documents and data of the checked organization (counter verification);
- to send to the checked organizations, their higher bodies, the representations obligatory for consideration or the instructions obligatory for execution on elimination of the revealed violations;
- to monitor the timeliness and completeness of elimination by the audited organizations and (or) their parent bodies of violations of the law in the financial and budgetary sphere, including through voluntary reimbursement of funds;
- order the conduct of the necessary tests, examinations, analyzes and assessments, as well as scientific research on the implementation of supervision in the established field of activity;
- monitor the activities of the territorial bodies of the Service and subordinate organizations, etc.
From 2004 to 2012, the service was headed by Sergey Pavlenko
In 2012, Konstantin Sedov  was appointed to the position of head by a decree of the RF Government 1883-r dated October 9, 2012, which died six weeks after being appointed  .
From January 2013 until the abolition, the service was headed by Alexander Smirnov  .
- Certificate on the number and remuneration of civil servants of federal government bodies (central offices of ministries and departments) in the first half of 2012 ( HTML ) (not available link) . State, public organizations . Rosstat . The date of circulation is January 12, 2013. Archived January 5, 2013.
- V.PUTIN. Presidential Decree of 02.02.2016 No. 41 "On some issues of state control and supervision in the financial and budgetary sphere" . ConsultantPlus . The appeal date is December 16, 2018.
- Peter Netreba. Rosfinnadzor got an anti-crisis manager. Control over the implementation of state programs was entrusted to Konstantin Sedov . Kommersant (October 10, 2012). Circulation date October 10, 2012. Archived October 19, 2012.
- Natalia Romashkova. The head of Rosfinnadzor Konstantin Sedov died. The head of the Federal Financial Supervision Service, Konstantin Sedov, died in Moscow at the age of 42. Mr. Sedov headed the department only in October of this year. Kommersant (November 29, 2012). The date of circulation is November 30, 2012. Archived December 2, 2012.
- Alexander Smirnov appointed as head of Rosfinnadzor
- State financial control
- Currency control