The Federal Insurance Supervision Service ( Rosstrakhnadzor, FSSN ) is the abolished federal executive body, which was under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Finance .
|Federal Insurance Supervision Service|
|date of creation||March 9, 2004|
|Previous Office||Department of Insurance Supervision of the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation|
|Date of Abolition||March 4, 2011|
|Leads activities||Government of the Russian Federation|
|Parent agency||Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation|
|Headquarters||Moscow , Miusskaya square , house 3|
|Supervisor||Lomakin-Rumyantsev, Ilya Vadimovich (2004-2009)|
|Supervisor||Koval, Alexander Pavlovich (2009—2011)|
In 2004 - 2011 , the Federal Insurance Supervision Service was a federal executive body that exercises control and supervision functions in the field of insurance activity ( insurance business ). The Federal Insurance Supervision Service was established in accordance with the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation No. 314 of March 9, 2004 “On the System and Structure of Federal Executive Bodies” and the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 330 of June 30, 2004 “On Approval of the Regulation on the Federal Insurance Supervision Service” . Prior to the creation of the Social Insurance Fund, the functions of insurance supervision from September 1996 to March 2004 were performed by the Insurance Supervision Department of the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation  .
On March 4, 2011, by Decree of the President of the Russian Federation No. 270, the Federal Service for Insurance Supervision was annexed to the Federal Service for Financial Markets (FFMS) and the functions of the FSSN were transferred to the FFMS (paragraph 2 of the Decree)  .
- making decisions on issuing or refusing to issue licenses , on canceling, limiting, suspending, restoring and revoking licenses;
- issuance and recall of qualification certificates;
- maintaining a unified state register of insurance entities and a register of associations of insurance entities;
- monitoring compliance by insurance entities with insurance legislation, including through audits of their activities;
- monitoring compliance by insurance entities with respect to which a decision was made to revoke the license, information about the termination of their activities or their liquidation;
- issuance of orders to insurance entities in case of violation of insurance legislation by them;
- receipt, processing and analysis of reports submitted by insurance entities;
- appeal in cases stipulated by law to the court with claims for the liquidation of the insurance business entity - legal entity or on the termination of the insurance business entity - an individual as an individual entrepreneur ;
- generalization of insurance supervision practice, development and submission in the established manner of proposals for improving insurance legislation governing the implementation of insurance supervision.
- Ilya Lomakin-Rumyantsev (from 2004 to 2009);
- Alexander Koval (from April 2009 to March 2011).
- Department of Supervision and Control
- Office of Preliminary Control
- Department of Accounting and Economic Analysis
- Business management
- Insurance supervision
- International Association of Insurance Supervisors
- Insurance Supervision Department of the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation // Insurance business: Glossary-reference book / R.T. Yuldashev. - Moscow: Ankil, 2005 .-- S. 140. - 832 p. - ISBN 5-86476-159-1 .
- Decree of the President of the Russian Federation N 270 of March 4, 2011 “On measures to improve state regulation in the financial market of the Russian Federation”