Estella ( Spanish: Estella ) - a city and municipality in Spain , part of the province of Navarra . The municipality is part of the district (mosquito) Estella Oriental .
|History and Geography|
|Timezone||UTC + 1 , in summer UTC + 2|
|Population||14,207 people ( 2010 )|
|Density||902.7 people / km²|
|Telephone code||+34 948|
on the map
It covers an area of 15.39 km². The population is 14,207 people (as of 2010 ). The distance to the provincial capital is 44 km.
Almost 700 years ago, the Jewish quarter of the small town of Estella became the object of one of the worst pogroms. Its inhabitants were abducted, tortured and killed. These atrocities are described in detail by one of the rabbis who witnessed them. .
Estella is an ancient Roman city; he dominates several fashion shows and during the Carlist wars played an important role: from 1872 to 1876 he was the main apartment of Don Carlos, whose adherents called it the “ holy city ”. General Primo de Rivera forced this strong stronghold of the Carlists to surrender and thus put an end to the uprising in northern Spain  .
- Estella // Brockhaus and Efron Encyclopedic Dictionary : in 86 volumes (82 volumes and 4 additional). - SPb. , 1890-1907.
- Official page
- Página oficial del Ayuntamiento de Estella / Lizarra
- Información Turística y Fotografías de Estella, la Comarca de Urbasa, Lókiz, Estella y Merindad de Tierra Estella
- La Estella de Javier Hermoso de Mendoza
- Descripción, monumentos y puntos de interés, alojamientos y restaurantes, excursiones alrededores, gastronomía, curiosidades y leyendas
- Vista aérea de Estella