Alanhe ( Spanish: Alange , est. Alanhi ) is a municipality in Spain , part of the province of Badajoz in the autonomous community of Extremadura . The municipality is located in the district (mosquitoes) of Merida . Covers an area of 160.3 km². The population of 2013 people (for 2010 ).
|History and geography|
|Timezone||UTC + 1 , in the summer UTC + 2|
|Population||2013 people ( 2010 )|
Now used terms built by the Romans. They are included in the balneal, in the waters of which contains a large amount of radon (useful for nervous diseases, arthrosis, rheumatism, respiratory diseases).
Alange Castle , towering over the river Matachel , was built by Muslims in the IX century. Having conquered Alanha, King Ferdinand III gave the castle the Order of Santiago in 1243. Until the middle of the XVI century, the castle was abandoned. Until now, its brick tower, which is visible for many kilometers, reminds of the great military significance of this castle in the era of the deep Middle Ages.