Gani (Ғani) Muratbaev ( June 3, 1902 , Kazalinsk , Kyzylorda Oblast - April 15, 1925 , Moscow ) - a public figure, the founder of the Komsomol in the Kazakh SSR.
|Date of Birth||June 3, 1902|
|Place of Birth||Kazalinsk city, |
|Date of death||April 15, 1925 (22 years old)|
|Place of death||Moscow|
Born on June 3, 1902 in the small town of Kazalinsk , Kyzylorda Oblast .
After some time, Ghani’s father dies early, because of which the mother had to work and leave Ghani together with her sister. In 1911, Ghani was sent to a Russian elementary school, in which he developed an interest in knowledge and teaching. He continues his studies at the city pedagogical institute. In 1916, mother and sister die from typhoid. Gani is left alone and goes to Tashkent, enters a boarding school, and then to an institute, where he receives secondary education  .
After the October Revolution in 1918, Gani opened the first Komsomol organization in Kazakhstan and became the first person to head the Komsomol organization of the republic, then called the Kazakh Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic . At the head of the organization, Gani Muratbaev helped people in solving their difficulties, gathered poor, hungry and homeless children, placed them in a boarding school, identified them with documents, and involved them in active public actions. He stood at the origins of the creation of the first youth association of Kazakhstan. The successor of this union in the early 1990s, according to the decision of the Congress of the Lenin Communist Youth Union of the Republic of Kazakhstan , was the Youth Union of Kazakhstan .
From 1921 to 1924, Muratbaev worked as the first secretary of the Central Committee of the Komsomol of Turkestan , uniting the Komsomol organizations of the Uzbek, Tajik, Turkmen, Kyrgyz republics and the southern regions of Kazakhstan.
Muratbaev instructed the Komsomol members to rewrite legends and tales to help the ethnographer scientist Aubakir Divaev. And in the monumental work of A. V. Zataevich “1000 Songs of the Kyrgyz People” published in Orenburg in 1925, from the words of Gani Muratbaev, the famous “Dudar-ai” was recorded.
Muratbaev dies in Moscow on April 15, 1925 from tuberculosis . He was buried at the Vagankovsky cemetery.
Memory of Ghani
- The poets Magzhan Zhumabaev , Ilyas Dzhansugurov , Dzhuban Muldagaliev , Zharylaskyn Boranbaev composed songs about Gani’s short life.
- In his hometown of Kazalinsk, he is lovingly called “Batyr Ghani”, “Batyr-bala”. The name of Gani Muratbaev is carried by streets in the cities: Almaty , Kyzylorda , Astana , Aktobe , etc.
- In Almaty, Muratbaev was erected a monument and the Republican Palace of schoolchildren bears his name.
- In Almaty there is Muratbaev street.
- In 2002, a postage stamp of Kazakhstan dedicated to Muratbaev was issued.
- In the city of Taraz , there is a school named after Gani Muratbaev.
- Kyzylorda Stadium is named after Gani Muratbaev.
- The name of Gani Muratbaev is the name of the children's railway in the city of Shymkent . In front of the central stadium, in the city of Kyzylorda, which bears his name, a monument is erected. One of the central streets of Kyzylorda is named after him.
- Askarov S. Gani Muratbaev / Komsomol leaders. - 3rd ed., Rev. - M.: Young Guard, 1978. - The life of wonderful people. Ser. biogr. Vol. 2 (538).