Trivial Pursuit is a variation of quiz games . Trivia is a curious but not significant fact, in English an extensive class of quizzes is called trivia game / quiz. [one]
In this game, questions are divided into several (usually 6) categories. Typical categories:
- Geography ;
- History ;
- Art and literature ;
- Natural sciences ;
In games designed for school age, English / French can be found.
Sometimes a category “without a category” comes up, containing either questions of the other categories mixed up, or questions that go beyond the rest of the categories.
To win the game, you usually need to correctly answer at least one question in each category.
The game comes with:
- A set of question cards;
- Field of play;
- A chip for each player (made in the form of camemberts from six empty sections);
- A set of multi-colored slices to fill the empty sections of the Camembert;
- Dice 1D6.
Cards usually contain 6 questions (on a question per category) with answers on the back.
The classic field contains 67 cells:
- starting point of the game;
- houses of each category (located in a circle with the center at the starting point of the game);
- 12 paths connecting the neighboring houses and the center with all the houses. There are 5 cells in each track. Each cell belongs to one of 6 categories.
It plays up to 6 participants, the right of the first move is determined by throwing a dice, then they go in turn. The player who gave the correct answer gets the right to walk again.
The move consists of throwing a die and moving the chip to the appropriate number of cells in an arbitrary direction. You cannot go through the starting point of the game.
The host reads out from the next card a question from the category corresponding to the cell to which the player fell. If the player gives the correct answer, he has the right to walk around again, while he is given a slice of the corresponding category of the question of color (provided that he does not have it yet).
The player who has collected 6 colorful slices is declared the winner!
Modifications to Rules
- Complication: slices are issued if the answer is correct, only if the player’s chip is at that moment in the category house. Otherwise, the player receives only the right of an additional move;
- Simplification of the previous modification: the middle cells of the tracks located on the circumference transfers the player’s chip to the house of the corresponding category;
- You can enter a time limit on each question, although this is not provided for by standard rules.
Trivial pursuit has been released on a variety of video game consoles, including the Sega CD ,  Wii , Xbox 360 , PlayStation 2 , PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 .  The board game has also been adapted into a mobile version of the game called Trivia Crack .