Orzhitsky district ( Ukrainian: Orzhitsky district ) is an administrative unit in the west of the Poltava region of Ukraine . The administrative center is the urban-type village of Orzhitsa .
|Included in||Poltava region|
|History and Geography|
|Timezone||EET ( UTC + 2 , summer UTC + 3 )|
|Population||23 824  people ( 2017 )|
|KOATUU||5323600000 all codes|
Orzhitsky district is located in the west of the Poltava region of Ukraine.
Semenovsky , Khorolsky , Lubensky , Grebenkovsky districts of Poltava region, Drabovsky and Chernobaevsky districts of Cherkasy region are adjacent to it.
The area of the district is 1000 km².
The administrative center is the urban-type village of Orzhitsa .
The rivers Sula , Sleporod , Orzhitsa , Rotten Orzhitsa , Dry Orzhitsa , Vyazovets , Irzhavets , Rzhavets , Chumgak flow through the district.
The largest rivers are the Sula, the length of the channel is 22 km, its tributaries are the Orzhitsa and Sleporod rivers. The water area of the district is 1068 hectares. There are 22 rates in the district with a total water surface area of over 240 hectares and a total volume of 4900 thousand m³ of regulated water.
The district was formed on March 7, 1923 .
The population of the district is 29 620 people ( 2001 ), including urban - 5 991 people, rural - 23 629 people.
The area includes  :
Local councils 
Eliminated Settlements 
- Population (per estimate) for 1 birch 2017 year // Head of statistics department in Poltava region
- According to the district’s registration card on the website of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
- Regions of Ukraine and warehouse
- Warehouse of administrative and territorial units
- Regulatory acts of the administrative and territorial administration of Ukraine (inaccessible link)