Nikolai Yakovlevich Agafonov - ( November 25 ( December 7 ), 1842 - July 6 (19), 1908 or July 7 (20), 1908 )   - Kazan local historian, bibliographer, editor-publisher " Kama-Volga newspaper ”, one of the founders of the Society of Archeology, History and Ethnography at Kazan University .
|Nikolay Yakovlevich Agafonov|
|Date of Birth|
|Place of Birth|
|Date of death|
|Place of death|
local historian , bibliographer , editor - publisher
He began his literary career in 1863. He collaborated in Professor S. M. Shpilevsky in the Kazan fact sheet and in the Kazan exchange sheet professor A. K. Chugunov , in the St. Petersburg Gazette E. Korsha and others.
From 1872 he published one of the best provincial newspapers, the Kama-Volzhskaya Gazeta, which was supposed to cease in 1874, as the editorial office was invited to be censored in Moscow. With the participation of his former employees, he published the first step collection, the second volume of which was banned. He published several brochures and “Materials” for the bibliography of the works of I. S. Turgenev .
Investigated the Kazan necropolis  .
The library of N. Ya. Agafonov was received by the Library of the St. Petersburg Institute of History of the Russian Academy of Sciences as part of the library of N. P. Likhachev in 1936 and was dispersed in the collection of the Scientific Library of St. Petersburg  . Part of the collection is in the library of Kazan University and the Russian National Library . The rest of the library of N. Ya. Agafonov was sold by antiquaries of Kazan and St. Petersburg.
The grave of N. Ya. Agafonov has been lost  .
- Agafonov Nikolay Yakovlevich (text)
- Elzon M.D. (with the participation of Rogalin E.A.). Agafonov N. Ya. // Russian writers 1800—1917. Biographical Dictionary / P.A. Nikolaev (Ch. Ed.). - M .: Sov. Encyclopedia, 1989. - T. 1: A — D. - S. 23.
- Eldashev A. M. Arskoe (Kurtinsky) cemetery // Kazan Theological Seminary of the Russian Orthodox Church
- Scientific library of St. Petersburg
- Church of the Saints of Yaroslavl Wonderworkers (inaccessible link)
- Agafonov, Nikolai Yakovlevich // Brockhaus and Efron Encyclopedic Dictionary : in 86 volumes (82 volumes and 4 additional). - SPb. , 1890-1907.