Musokiy ( Greek: Μουσοκιος ) - the leader of the Dacian Slavs ( Sklavins ) at the end of the VI century .
The head of the union of several Slavic associations of Musokia, Byzantine historians Theophylact Simocatta and the next Theophanes the Confessor, are endowed with the title ricks [K 1] . It is assumed that the center of his possessions was in the area of the Yalomitsy River (between the Carpathians and the Seret River).
In 593, Musoky was defeated and was captured by the Byzantine stratigus Priscus , who made a large campaign in the lands of the Danube Slavs. Shortly before this, Priscus ravaged the lands of another Slavic leader - Ardagast .
Theophylact Simocatta notes that both Slavic rulers were on friendly terms, and after the defeat of Ardagast from the Byzantine army, Musoky even tried to provide him with military assistance. He was captured as a result of betrayal  .
The name of the Slavic leader, recorded in the original as Μουσοκιος , is trying to read as Muzok  or Musok   .
- Northern Archonites
- In Byzantine practice, the ricks were called the rulers of the barbarians , who have full civilian and military power, as well as subordinate rulers of a lower level. For Musocius, such a ruler could be Ardagast  .
- Codex of the oldest written news about the Slavs. S. 296 (note 87).
- Bury JB History of the Later Roman Empire from Arcadius to Irene . - New York: Cosimo, 2009 .-- P. 129. - ISBN 978-1-60520-405-5 .
- Surowiecki Lorenz Schaffarik, Paul Joseph. Über die Abkunft der Slawen . - Kön. Ung. Universitäts-Schriften, 1828 .-- S. 25.
- Labuda Gerard. Pierwsze państwo słowiańskie. Państwo Samona. - Wodzisław Śląski: Wydawnictwo Templum, 2009 .-- P. 137. - ISBN 978-83-929218-0-6 .
- Alekseev S.V. Slavic Europe of the 5th — 6th centuries. - M .: Veche, 2005 .-- S. 263. - ISBN 5-9533-0638-5 .
- Theophylact Simocatta. The story . - M .: Arktos-Vika-Press Publishing House, 1996. - 272 p. - ISBN 5-85551-141-1 .
- Theophanes the Byzantine. Theophanes the Byzantine. Priscus of Panius. // Chronicle from Diocletian to the kings of Michael and his son Theophylact. - Series "Byzantine Historical Library". - Ryazan: Publishing house "Alexandria", 2005. - 608 p. - ISBN 5-94460-024-1 .
- Codex of ancient written news about the Slavs. Volume II (VII — IX centuries) / Editor-in-Chief G. Litavrin - M .: Publishing House "Oriental Literature" RAS, 1995. - 590 p. - ISBN 5-02-017809-8 .
- Kulakovsky Yu. A. History of Byzantium. Volume 2. 518-602 years. - Series "Byzantine Library". - SPb. : Aletheia , 2003 .-- 400 p. - ISBN 5-89329-619-2 .
- Early feudal states and nationalities (southern and western Slavs of the 6th-12th centuries) / editor-in-chief G. Litavrin . - M .: Nauka , 1991 .-- 254 p. - ISBN 5-02-010032-3 .