Pavel Pavlovich Maksimovich (11/26/1816, Konstantinogorsk fortress , Caucasus province  - 07/01/1892, Shepelevo Myshkinsky district of Yaroslavl province ) - a public figure.
|Pavel Pavlovich Maksimovich|
|Date of Birth||November 26, 1817|
|Place of Birth||Shepelevo|
|Date of death||July 1, 1892 ( 74)|
|A place of death||Shepelevo of the Myshkinsky district of the Yaroslavl province|
|A country||Russian empire|
|Alma mater||Naval Cadet Corps|
|Known as||Founder of a name school (now TvSU ), member of the Tver Provincial Zemstvo Council|
|Awards and prizes|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Activities
- 3 Awards
- 4 memory
- 5 Family
- 6 notes
- 7 Literature
- 8 Sources
Born in the family of a nobleman Pavel Ivanovich Maximovich and Alexandra Kirillovna. As a child, Pavel spent several years in the family of his uncle, professor, then rector of Kazan University I.M.Simonov , who in 1819-1821 participated as an observer astronomer in the round-the-world expedition of F.F. Bellingshausen and M.P. Lazarev , who discovered Antarctica. It was I.M.Simonov who had a huge influence on the teenager in choosing a life path.
In 1832, Pavel entered the Naval Cadet Corps in St. Petersburg, after which he entered the officer classes. In 1840 he became a lieutenant.
He left his service in 1848 with the rank of captain-lieutenant and settled on his estate (Spasskoye village, Kashinsky district of the Tver province).
From 1866 to 1877 he was a member of the Tver Provincial Zemstvo Council; world judge.
In 1868 he was elected a deputy to the Tver Provincial Committee on the device and improvement of the life of the landlord peasants.
In 1870 he established in Tver at his own expense a school for the preparation of teachers for women (girls from peasant families attended the school for free), which was named after its founder. In 1882 he transferred the school to the zemstvo.
In 1875-1889 he was a deputy from Kashinsky district in the Tver noble assembly of deputies.
P.P. Maksimovich died on July 1, 1892 on his estate - the Shepelevo estate of the Myshkinsky district (now the village of the Kashinsky district of the Tver region), which he inherited as a dowry for Anna Andreevna Khlebnikova , the great-granddaughter of the previous owner, Sergei Petrovich Sokovnin . In an obituary, friends and admirers said: “It is rare to meet a person so unpretentious, so easily denying himself everything and at the same time so delicate in relation to others. "His highly humane personality and selfless activity for the benefit of the people should be an example of how to serve his homeland."
In 1917, the Tver Teachers' Institute was opened on the basis of the Maksimovich school , in 1919 it became known as the Pedagogical Institute, and in 1971 it was transformed into Tver State University .
In 1886 he was awarded the Free Economic Society a gold medal for the development of public education.
On November 24, 2016, on the occasion of the 200th birthday, a bas-relief was opened in the assembly hall of Tver State University to the founder of the teacher's school, Pavel Pavlovich Maksimovich. 
On September 8, 2017, the name of Pavel Pavlovich Maksimovich was included in the Golden Book of Tver. 
Wife - Anna Andreevna, daughter of the famous officer Andrei Ilyich Khlebnikov . Had five children 
Among the descendants of P.P. Maksimovich is the famous biologist Krushinsky, Leonid Viktorovich .
- Ilyina. Maksimovich School: research and materials / Scientific. ed. M.V. Stroganov, ed. O. V. Vershinina. - Tver: TO Book Club, 2010. - 184 p. - 300 copies. - ISBN 978-5-903830-26-8 .
- In Tver State University, a bas-relief was opened to the founder of the teacher’s school, Pavel Maksimovich . Tverlife.ru (November 24, 2016).
- Dedicated to the guardians of the enlightenment of Tver . Tver City Duma (09/08/2017).
- Ilyina. P.P. Maksimovich: clarification of some biographical facts // Bulletin of TvSU. Series "Pedagogy and Psychology". - 2017. - Issue. 2 .-- S. 207-211.
- Selivanov A.F. P.P. Maksimovich - founder of the Tver female teacher's school. - SPb., 1901.
- Semenov D. D. Memoirs // Education. - 1892. - No. 11.
- Maksimovich Pavel Pavlovich // Encyclopedic Dictionary of Brockhaus and Efron : 86 volumes (82 volumes and 4 additional). - SPb. , 1890-1907.