“Historical Perspective Fund” (“FIP”) is a Russian non-governmental, non-profit public organization of a nationally conservative direction , established in April 2004 by Natalia Narochnitskaya , political scientist , State Duma deputy, and doctor of historical sciences .
|Historical Perspective Fund|
|Year of foundation||2004 year|
|Location|| Russia |
127006, Moscow ,
Building 33, Building 2.
|Key figures||Natalia Narochnitskaya (President),|
Vladimir Romanov (CEO)
|Field of activity||research and development in the field of social sciences and humanities , |
|Site||“FIP” , “Century” , “Prospects” , “Narochnitskaya.ru”|
The full name of the organization is “The Foundation for the Study of Historical Perspective” , the abbreviated name is “The Fund for Historical Perspective”.
The main type of economic activity is “ research and development in the field of social and human sciences ”.
Foundation History and Mission
The goal and mission of the foundation is to create an information-analytical field in which the strategic issues of the present and future of our country are considered inextricably linked with the restoration of the historical memory of Russian civilization and the strengthening of national self-awareness . The combination of efforts of specialists, experts in the field of international relations, geopolitics, history, information and the media to solve this global problem has become the main focus of FIP since its inception.
Already the first FIP projects were devoted to the most important, painful points of Russian politics , such as the problems of falsification of history , the Orange Revolution , the strengthening of Russia's sovereignty , and caused a wide public response. By expanding and developing cooperation with leading Russian intellectual centers, “FIP” by 2009 began to implement a series of major scientific, informational, analytical and publishing projects. A wide range of international, political, economic and cultural problems are in the fund's field of vision.
"Russia in the Balkans, in Eastern and Central Europe"
"Asian vector of Russian politics"
“Human Rights in Western Democracies”
Russian-European Political Workshop
“Russia and the revolution. 1917-2017 »
- The lessons of World War II
- The problem of revision of history and state policy in the post-Soviet space
- In 2009–2010 The following events took place. On the occasion of the 70th anniversary of the Anglo-Franco-German-Italian agreement of 1938, the collection Links was published entitled Munich Conspiracy. Historical aspects and modern analogies ”, February 2009. The publication of the collection was intended to initiate a broad scientific and public discussion on the Munich Treaty and international relations of the late 30s of the XX century.
- On April 28, 2009, FIP employees took part in the roundtable discussion “The School Revolution in Latvia (2004–2006): Lessons from Recent History”. The event was attended by historians, journalists and public figures from Latvia, Estonia and Russia.
- The collection “Score of the Second World War. Who and when started the war ”, August 2009 (together with the Veche Publishing House).
- In September 2009, a round table was held at the House of Journalists based on the materials of the score “The score of World War II. Who and when started the war. " The round table was attended by the authors of the collection, experts, and media representatives. The collection was also presented at the Moscow International Book Fair 2009.
- Edition of the collection "Yalta-45: Inscriptions of the New World", February 2010. The book was prepared in collaboration with the Commission under the President of the Russian Federation to counter attempts to falsify history to the detriment of Russia's interests.
- Edition of the revised and supplemented edition of the book by N.A. Narochnitskaya "The Great Wars of the XX Century."
- Presentation of books on World War II in Vienna, February 2010
- On April 8–9, 2010, the conference “World War II and World War II in the history books of the CIS and EU countries” was held at the Russian Institute for Strategic Studies (RISI).
- On May 6, 2010, on the eve of Victory Day, the presentation of the photo exhibition “The Liberation of Europe.” Was held at the OSCE Headquarters in Vienna, in the Hofburg Palace. Famous photographs of the unknown war. "
- On August 30, 2010, the presentation of the new book, “The score of the Second World War. Thunderstorm in the East ”from the“ Actual History ”series.
- On November 18, 2010, an open conference was held on the topic “History and Society. Problems of education and popular interpretations of Russian history. ”
“Human rights and modern democracy”
- Monitoring human rights in the Baltic countries
- Human Rights Monitoring in Kosovo and Bosnia
- July 28, 2009 at the Media Center of the Izvestia newspaper a presentation of the scientific collection “Problems of the Rights of National Minorities in Latvia and Estonia” was held.
- On December 9, in Brussels (Belgium), the presentation of the Chance to Survive: Minority Rights in Estonia and Latvia translated into English language study was held.
- February 2009, a collection of “Double Standards for the Protection of Human Rights: The Case of Professor Sheshel”.
- Participation in the international conference of the Institute of Slavic Studies "The activities of the International Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia: content, results, effectiveness", April 2009
- FIP and IDS mission in Kosovo. From October 3 to 9, 2009, a mission of international experts formed by the Institute for Democracy and Cooperation (Paris) was in Kosovo to study the situation. The mission included: the head of the IDS and the president of the Historical Perspective Fund N.A. Narochnitskaya, representing Russia, director of research programs at the Institute of Islamic Studies John Lokland (Great Britain), professor of the Institute of East and South-East Europe in Vienna Peter Bachmeier (Austria), professor of the University of Arras Jean Pierre Arrignon (France), director of the Historical Perspective Fund V.E. Romanov (Russia). The members of the mission met with non-governmental organizations representing both the Albanian and Serbian populations, journalists, and staff of international missions operating in Kosovo.
- Mission of IDS experts in Abkhazia. On December 12, 2009, regular elections of the head of state were held in Abkhazia. As you know, Western European countries do not recognize the independence of the republic, and therefore most of the international observers ignored these elections. The Institute for Democracy and Cooperation (Paris), with the assistance of the Historical Perspective Fund, sent a mission to Abkhazia led by the head of the French Center for Comparative Study of Elections (Center d'etudes comparatives des elections) Professor Bernard Owen.
"Russia and the world"
- The image of Russia in the world
- Global issues and Russia
- A major step forward in the study of the image of Russia abroad was the research carried out by the Foundation for Historical Perspectives on the perception of the image of Russia in Spain “From Historical to Modern Russia: the Image of Russia in the Spanish Press”.
- The presentation of the study in Spanish “De la Russia eterna a la Russia real” was held on May 26, 2009 in Madrid.
- The presentation of the Russian-language collection of the study “From historical Russia to modern Russia: the image of Russia in the Spanish press” was held in Moscow on January 21, 2010.
- On March 31, 2009, the FIP held a round table “Prospects for Modernization Projects in Russia in the Conditions of the Crisis and in the Post-Crisis Period”.
- Conference “Peace and the financial crisis” On March 29, 2010, the IDS hosted the conference “Peace and the financial crisis”, which was attended by: Head of the IDS N.A. Narochnitskaya, Professor David Maskre (France), Professor Andrian Pabst (University of Kent), experts, representatives of the public and the media.
- Overcoming the crisis is the Moscow-Bratislava teleconference. On May 27, 2010, the Historical Perspective Fund, together with the non-governmental organization Hospodarsky klub (Slovakia), hosted the teleconference “Crisis of civilization - the beginning of the end or reboot?”.
“Preservation and popularization of the cultural and historical heritage of Russia”
- Restoring and preserving the historical memory of the role of Russia and Russian soldiers in the First World War
- Fund participation in various cultural and educational projects
- On September 4, 2010, on the outskirts of the French city of Reims, on the territory of the Fort Pompell Museum of the History of the First World War, a memorial monument to the Russian Expeditionary Force was opened.
- On November 10–11, commemorative events “The Gumbinnen Victory. True and false about the outbreak of World War I. ”
- On October 29-30, 2010, in the city of Borovsk, a scientific-practical conference "Lessons of the Time of Troubles" was held.
- In March 2009, the presentation of a special edition of the story “Taras Bulba”, dedicated to the 200th anniversary of N.V. Gogol.
- Within the framework of the “Academy” project of the “Culture” TV channel, lectures of the FIP President, Doctor of History, were recorded ON. Narochnitskaya: “Forgotten war and devoted heroes: lessons of the First World War for the past, present and future”, dedicated to the First World War and its impact on the present, and “Religious and philosophical foundations of Russian culture”, dedicated to the spiritual basis of Russian civilization.
- The Foundation is engaged in the editorial and publishing preparation of the manuscript of G.A. Bogatova "Domestic lexicographers of the XVIII-XXI centuries."
- The Historical Perspective Fund has published a book by I.F. Maksimycheva "At sunset (GDR 1987-1990). From the notes of the Advisor to the Envoy of the USSR Embassy in Berlin, ”(January-February 2009).
- In May 2009, the FIP took part in the conference “A.S. Pushkin as an outlook phenomenon of the national tradition”.
- The Foundation took part in the publication of the works of Academician O.N. Trubacheva “Scientists of Russia. Essays and Memoirs, Materials ”, which was dedicated to the 80th anniversary of the scientist (Nauka Publishing House).
- Edition of the book by A.F. Smirnova “The Great Historians of Russia. Thinkers and Rulers ”(Veche Publishing House). Creation of a scientific office A.F. Smirnova at the Sretensky Theological Seminary.
- On April 27, 2010, with the participation of FIP in RIA Novosti, the presentation of the book of the Spanish Testament by Gonzalo Guanch “The Armenian Testament”, prepared as part of the program “Armenia through the eyes of friends”, was held.
- Round table “Northern Caucasus: factors of stabilization and destabilization”, November 2010. Based on the results of the round table, the analytical collection “Links” was published.
- Round table “Russian-Polish relations at the end of the XX - the first decade of the XXI centuries. The dynamics of development and the possibility of rebooting ", November 26, 2010
- Publication of the information and analytical bulletin “Russia and Europe”. Since 2008, the Foundation for Historical Perspectives, together with the Institute for Democracy and Cooperation (Paris), has been issuing a periodical information and analytical bulletin “Russia and Europe”
- Internet newspaper "Century" (published since September 21, 2004, certificate of registration of mass media IA No. FS77-23029 of September 21, 2005)
- periodical expert publication “Links”
- “Perspectives” analytic site - analytics on global and domestic issues in priority areas of foreign and regional policy in Russian and English
- Foundation developments are published on an ongoing basis in the Russian-language journal Leader (USA).
Partnership with other structures and organizations
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation
The Historical Perspective Fund is actively collaborating with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation through a permanent interdepartmental meeting to counter attempts to falsify the history of Russia. The Foreign Policy Archive of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation assists the Fund in the search and provision of documents, including recently declassified and published for the first time in collections of the Fund.
Russian Institute for Strategic Studies
Joint activities of the Institute and the Historical Perspective Fund:
- April 8–9, 2010 at the Russian Institute for Strategic Studies, the international conference “World War II and World War II in the history books of the CIS and EU countries: problems, approaches, interpretations”, dedicated to the 65th anniversary of the Victory, was held.
- November 2–3, 2010 the Russian Institute for Strategic Studies together with the House of Russian Abroad Alexandra Solzhenitsyna held the International Scientific Conference “The Russian Exodus as a Result of a National Disaster. (To the 90th anniversary of the end of the Civil War on the European territory of Russia). ”
- On December 15, 2010 in Paris, a round table was held on “Alliance tested by wars. Russia — France in the 20th Century. ” Event
It was chaired by the President of FIP Doctor of Historical Sciences N.A. Narochnitskaya.
Russian State Archive of Socio-Political History
The archive assists the Foundation in the selection and publication of documents for publications on the themes of World War II and subsequent key events of international life during the Cold War, and also holds joint public events with the Foundation on pressing issues of Russian history and its impact on contemporary society. A joint project of the Foundation and the archive was the book "Yalta-45: Inscriptions of the New World", February 2010
Information Agency " RIA" News " "
In 2010, a series of press conferences were held at the RIA Novosti press center on new projects of the Historical Perspective Fund.
Publishing House " Veche "
Created in 1991, today it is one of the largest in Russia. More than 800 books are published annually with a total circulation of 5 million copies. Specialization - history books that have no analogues in Russia .
Radio station “ Voice of Russia ”
President of the Historical Perspective Fund Natalia Narochnitskaya regularly makes comments for Voice of Russia as the most influential official Russian radio station broadcasting to foreign countries.
International Life Magazine
Magazine reviewers and experts regularly take part in events organized by the Historical Perspective Fund. The magazine publishes reviews and analytical articles on FIP publications on its pages. From an article by Olga Ivanova, August 31, 2010
"New book" Score of the Second World War. Thunderstorm in the East ”is devoted to the undeservedly forgotten problems of the history of the Second World War in the Asia-Pacific region. This publication covers military operations, goals and objectives, and the territorial results of World War II at the Pacific Theater. ”
The Foundation also actively and regularly collaborates with many other scientific, expert, cultural organizations and centers, among which, in particular, the State Museum of Modern History of Russia, Veche Publishing House, Historical Memory Foundation, Moscow Says Radio Station and many others.
Collaboration with leading Russian information platforms in the framework of various expert and presentation events. In the framework of familiarizing the general public with the results of its scientific and research work, the Fund actively cooperates with leading information platforms in Russia, including:
- RIA Novosti news agency ,
- media center of the newspaper " Izvestia ",
- press center of the " Russian newspaper ".