Ibibio (agbisher) is a nation in Nigeria (in the Cross River State), Cameroon and Equatorial Guinea . The total number of people is 6.77 million (1992), including 6.75 million people in Nigeria, 15 thousand people in Cameroon, and about 5 thousand people. live in Equatorial Guinea. Languages - ibibio , efik (Benue-Congolese group of languages of the Niger-Kordofan family).
|Abundance and area|
|Total: 6.77 million|
Nigeria - 6.75 million people Cameroon - 15 thousand peopleEquatorial Guinea - 5 thousand people
|Religion||Christianity , traditional beliefs|
|Related peoples||Benue Congolese people|
Ibibio are divided into:
- Eastern (actually ibibio) - 25 tribes;
- Western (Anang) - 14 tribes;
- Northern (Enyong) - 2 tribes: Nkalu and perch;
- Southern (eket) - 2 tribes: okobo and oron
- Delta (andoni-ibeno) - ibino;
- River (efik).
Most ibibio are Christians , but there are also adherents of traditional beliefs.
- Ibibio is the language of the ibibio people.
- Igbo is a people in eastern Nigeria .
- Ibibio // Encyclopedia " Peoples and Religions of the World "