|Dan bus company|
|The name is Heb. Go Go||דן "ברה לתחבורה ציבורית בע"מ"|
|English name||DAN Company for Public Transportation Ltd.|
|Background||* 4444 (Pelephone) * 3456 (Orange, Cellcom)|
|Supplemental (Gush Dan)||03-6394444|
|Year of creation||1945|
“Dan” ( Heb. ) Is a bus operator in the Gush Dan district of Israel, a local monopolist  . The second largest bus operator in the country.
The company has 1,500 buses  and 2,400 employees.
According to the official website, the company transports about 15 million passengers every month and occupies 65% of the traffic market in Gush Dan. 
The company was founded as a joint venture on December 1, 1945, at the merger of two companies, Hamavir and Regev Union. 
Until 2000, Dan and Eged companies served 95% of the regular bus transportation market in Israel. Since 2000, the state has initiated a demonopolization of the industry; in particular, about 8% of the routes of the Dan cooperative were transferred to Kavim . [four]
It was transformed into a limited liability company in May 2002.
In 2010, Dan cooperative won a tender for the creation of Metronite lines in the city of Haifa  . The line began to work (with the help of the subsidiary Dan Dan, in 2013). A principled new fare collection system is used on the line: the Rav-Kav pass must be attached to one of the validators at the bus stop, before boarding the bus.
In the fall of 2012, Dan company plans to purchase 700 K9 electric buses (electric buses) by the Chinese company BYD .   The first such buses on routes 5 and 61 entered the line in August 2013; In addition to the usual method of payment from the driver at the entrance through the front door, they were able to enter through the back door and attach the Rav-Kav pass to the special validator. In 2014, the validators were installed in buses of route 51, as well as the new route 001, built along the contour of the future tram, from Bat Yam to Petah Tikva.
Movement on routes is carried out daily. In the winter on Friday, the last flight of buses leaves at 4:00 pm from the end points, in the summer - at 5:30 pm.
On Friday, some routes end work before sunset. It is renewed only on Saturday several hours after sunset.  
- Kavim (bus company)
- Boris Sher, Israeli Antimonopoly Law. // Israeli law and legislation: "local monopolists, for example, Dan bus cooperative serving the territory of large Tel Aviv"
- Drivers Haim Bior, “Bus drivers, bus drivers , which operates 1,500 buses in Tel Aviv and the Dan region”
- Dan Online Archive dated November 1, 2012 on Wayback Machine
- Bus cooperatives "Egged" and "Dan" lose their monopoly // according to the information of Israel-Plus, 06/22/2003
- "Metronit" and "Dan" - now in Haifa are synonyms Archival copy of October 22, 2014 on the Wayback Machine // August 15, 2010
- Electric bus fleet heads to Tel Aviv | The Times of Israel
- BYD Wins CNY1.5Bln Export Electric Bus to Israel-Caijing Non-Com (Unavailable link) . The appeal date is December 8, 2012. Archived September 3, 2012.
- NEWSru.co.il - Israel News :: Dan bus company in Gush Dan stops working on Saturdays
- Will Gush Dan residents be forced to observe Shabbat? Archival copy of August 17, 2013 on the Wayback Machine // according to Ynet information, June 26, 2011
- Official site (rus.)