1897 in the history of railway transport
|1897 in the history of railway transport|
|1894 1895 1896 - 1897 - 1898 1899 1900|
|Other topics in 1897|
- In July, the monthly magazine of British railway transport enthusiasts , The Railway Magazine , began to appear.
- September 3rd . Open railway connection on the Ussuri railway from Vladivostok to Khabarovsk .
- On December 5, the first steam locomotive of the Kharkov plant of the Russian Steam Locomotive and Mechanical Joint-Stock Company ( KhPZ RPiMO ), now the Malyshev plant , was launched.
- Construction of the CER has begun .
- In Russia, a track-measuring trolley with an electrical measuring device, proposed by engineer I. N. Livchak, was built and tested  .
- The Ural Railway was renamed to Perm-Tyumen Railway 
- Open traffic Vologda - Arkhangelsk  .
- The Bologoye-Pskov railway was opened  .
New rolling stock
- The mass production of steam locomotives of the “normal type of 1897” (since 1912 - O d - “joystick”) has begun.
- Rail Transport: Encyclopedia / Ch. ed. N. S. Konarev . - M .: Big Russian Encyclopedia , 1994 .-- 559 p. - ISBN 5-85270-115-7 .
- RGIA, f. 446, op. 30, d. 5. Report No. 149 of June 12, 1897 "On the renaming of the Ural Railway to Perm-Tyumen Railway."
- RGIA, f. 446, op. 30, d. 6. Report No. 248 of November 28, 1897 "On the opening of traffic on the Vologda-Arkhangelsk line."
- RGIA, f. 446, op. 30, d. 6. Report No. 249 of November 28, 1897 "On the opening of traffic on the Pskov-Bologoe section".